Sign in to follow this  
TheDocHolliday

From Rep to Gen and Back Again.

TheDocHolliday

So I find it strange earlier in my life I started off with my first rep Submariner. I would assume a typical pick for many of us starting on in this grand watch world. After that it was a dual tone gold/blue submariner which I was very happy with for quite some time over 12 years ago. I recall buying them from a man that came in to our shop all the time and these were lower end models, but who cared. I know squat about the quality. My thought was a couple years junkers. I waited 12 years to buy my first gen. An Omega 45.5 Planet Ocean. It was a jewel, but my jaw still dropped at the price tag. Thought I loved it I didn't feel complete. So I sold it and moved to a gen ceramic 41 Seamaster 300. Another fantastic, gorgeous piece. Still, I felt there was more to try. After selling that piece as well(making a profit on both) I waiting a couple months and moved to the classic. A gen speedmaster which I still own at the moment. I love it. It has over 50 years history and is just a conversation piece with it comes to the classic history. However, I still crave the look of some of the super clone reps I see. Such as a 15000 gauss, or a ceramic sub thats been modded to perfection. I'm mad because I have no problem with a rep, I want one now, Damn the Chinese New Year for getting in the way of my order. I say screw it. If you like whats on your wrist. Do it. These Reps are light years what I remember back in the day(especially with the price tag)

resistor

Browse the member to member sales sections. I buy 90% of my watches from other members and am able to pickup watches which were already vetted and shipped from the US.

I started my own watch interest about 6-7 years ago by buying and wearing affordable gens. Eventually, the cost of the pieces I was buying crept up which spurred the interest in reps. Bought mostly reps for a while then took a break from watches in general, choosing to wear the same one or two watches for months at a time. Somehow got sucked back into watches last year and quickly spent too many thousands...so here I am back in the rep world.

RichardMiami

After 5 posts total, you can see the M2M section. Take your time and look around.

TheDocHolliday

Thanks St. Richard. I'm sure it will turn into another daily check hobby!

TheDocHolliday

Browse the member to member sales sections. I buy 90% of my watches from other members and am able to pickup watches which were already vetted and shipped from the US.

I started my own watch interest about 6-7 years ago by buying and wearing affordable gens. Eventually, the cost of the pieces I was buying crept up which spurred the interest in reps. Bought mostly reps for a while then took a break from watches in general, choosing to wear the same one or two watches for months at a time. Somehow got sucked back into watches last year and quickly spent too many thousands...so here I am back in the rep world.

It adds up quickly. I'm all about the spice of life, I hate having to sell my nice piece and move onto the next deal. My wrist gets a lot more freedom now.