Sign in to follow this  
plankton

Siezed- CONUS Chicago Customs

plankton

My son tells me that for watches he sees them in blue on the scanner. He also tells me that reps a generally not seized. The funny thing about the scanner

Is that gen Rolex are generally a deep blue and reps are in a lighter shade of blue. I ask him he could take a picture of that is the answer was no absolutely not.

After some deep thought, how is this possible that reps show up a different colour? If they use the same base material (316L steel for example), surely that would appear the same shade of blue regardless of the brand?

Essentially a watch is a watch, a scanner can only detect so much information, together with x-rays and topographic type rays, they may be able to render the objects in 3D and compare them to known dimensions of genuine watches. But surely in order to do this, they would need to create, buy, maintain a very large database of watch models in order to compare the results to.

I am spending far too much time thinking about this, I am sure!

:giggle:

Perhaps they have a chinese pube detector

Got one of those in a watch from one of the twins.

zufir

Uhhhh, katt just shipped back my watch and it's currently in chicago with the status "Processed Through Sort Facility" supposedly on it's way back to Canada

Anything I should be worried about ?

Edited by zufir

plankton

Uhhhh, katt just shipped back my watch and it's currently in chicago with the status "Processed Through Sort Facility" supposedly on it's way back to Canada

Is is a Sub? I think most everyone is getting through. Sub-Sub Sub........ Shit I was actually looking forward to the damn Sub.

zufir

Is is a Sub? I think most everyone is getting through. Sub-Sub Sub........ Shit I was actually looking forward to the damn Sub.

No, it's an Omega planet ocean LMLE. There's only the head

plankton

No, it's an Omega planet ocean LMLE. There's only the head

wouldnt worry.

neil

Hell I can't even tell the difference between a rep and a gen and I stare at these things in minute frikkin detail...so good luck to the customs guys! I suppose they just see China and flag it.

RUSH2112
Hell I can't even tell the difference between a rep and a gen and I stare at these things in minute frikkin detail...so good luck to the customs guys! I suppose they just see China and flag it.

I think they're assuming any high end watch without papers or a box from China is very unlikely to be legit

plankton

I think they're assuming any high end watch without papers or a box from China is very unlikely to be legit

Interesting thought, they must see the label as toy watch.........

diarrheamouth

welcome to obamaland

if you were black you could claim racism. seems to work well in the windy city.

anyway, hang tough.

MHardiman

Just had my 6263 go through Chicago in 2 days no problems from Tim. Sorry to hear bud.

plankton
Just had my 6263 go through Chicago in 2 days no problems from Tim. Sorry to hear bud.

Maybe luck of the draw on my part. At some point it was bound to happen

torobravo

I had more than 30 packages seized at the Chicago customs last month by EMS.

The only safe method currently is the HK airmail.

zufir

So many watches going to waste :(

plankton

I'm thinking DHL as well Toro.

torobravo

Yes, but we will figure something out as let´s say almost half of our (internet rep vendors) sales goes to the States and without you we cannot survive.

ellistyle1

Is "EMS CHINA, delivery 7-10days" HK airmail? That is what I selected on a recent order.

torobravo

It depends where are you from, I have a list of states which are going through Chicago customs

ellistyle1

It depends where are you from, I have a list of states which are going through Chicago customs

Got it. I am Indiana and stuff has always hit Chicago customs in the past. We'll see if I am as unlucky as Plankton. Thanks, sir.

HarleyMo

I would guess that the other consequences of this crackdown is the potential for TD prices to increase to cover the loses. Lets hope it doesn't get to that point.

inspectorbjs

I would guess that the other consequences of this crackdown is the potential for TD prices to increase to cover the loses. Lets hope it doesn't get to that point.

It appears the cost to do business is going up with seizures and reconstruction of websites.

I'm sure any increases would be modest and inline with the new business environment.

aphillipe
Simple solution: get out of the midwest and move to Portland! I could order a cadaver online and it'd get through L.A. :D

Ironically I'm in Portland and mine went through New York. Never has that happened, it's ways LAX.

dfq23

Triangle shipping via UK! our customs still mostly couldn't give a toss

Tits McGee

Got mine from you today. I'm in the Chicago suburbs. Thanks for shipping HK instead of EMS.

Smart man that Toro :titsmcgee:

plankton

Got mine from you today. I'm in the Chicago suburbs. Thanks for shipping HK instead of EMS.

Smart man that Toro :titsmcgee:

My next one shipping airmail....................................

nunu78

Triangle shipping via UK! our customs still mostly couldn't give a toss

i miss London more and more since this fiasco