Sign in to follow this  
RowLecks

My story and a warning re a supplier called SolidSwiss - buyers beware!

jacobarch

This still happens? boy it's been a long time.

RowLecks

Well Columbo, your time has come it would seem…..

On the 8th April 2015, at 11:43 pm, you stated the following:

“if this guy isn't exposed as a sock puppet within a week then I will eat my hat and I will also donate 100 dollars to a charity if his choice.”

Your week has passed. Get chewing boy, and get that donation made. A cancer or childrens charity will be just fine. Don’t forget to ask for a receipt, then scan and post it on here.

My watch is now in Great Britain somewhere it would seem, according to the latest tracking information (see below). I reckon I should get it tomorrow or Monday, so I’ll report my findings in due course.

Events

Item arrived in the destination country.

The item is on its way to the destination country.

Item in process in office of exchange.

Item has been registered.

Item received for transport.

Edited by RowLecks

Chavezzito

I don´t think he can read your posts here while he is in the gulag...might want to post there if you haven´t done so already.

Ishmael

Great thread. Welcome RowLecks :)

Thing that bothers me, however, is that my son's name is Toby :facepalm:

Then again he's four and already smarter than this asshat.

RowLecks

No surprise there then - Columbo has disappeared it would seem, hence showing his true character. The big loser is the charity he promised to donate to - what kind of individual makes a pledge to charity then doesn't honour it? I'll leave you to decide.....

Now to the watch. I promised I would be honest with my report, so here goes. I got it back Friday, all nice and shiny. I've monitored it over the weekend, setting it against the time on my laptop and it's steady as a rock. The "running fast (to say the least) problem is no more. Additionally, I had reported the rotating bezel seemed to have "stiffened up" and wasn't spinning as freely as when it was new. The repairer used some kinda solution on it (can't remember what it's called) and it's now rotating smoothly again. He also replaced some parts inside for Swiss.

It has to be said that the watch repairers communication throughout was excellent. He sent me in excess of 90 photographs and a video. He also provided a tracking number so I could monitor it's progress as it travelled back across Europe. When I sent it, there were two spare links in a little brown envelope inside the watchbox, from a Breitling I have. When I got it back, those were missing. I contacted the repair man and he located them straight away and has sent them to me at his expense, and again provided a tracking number. You can't say fairer than that.

All in all, I'm delighted to have my watch back, working as it should. I wouldn't hesitate to use the same guy again. People on here have said he has problems with "more complicated" jobs and I'll take that at face value. I can only report on my watch repair, and I have done so honestly.

Thank you to all for advice and help throughout. I would recommend this forum to anyone and will continue to use it. I'm already looking at another couple of reps. Of course I will use the recommended dealers from here and stay well away from the shyster SolidSwiss (or should that be SolidSwizz) that I bought the Rolex rep from, rest assured. Most on here are "in the know", but to any new members, I'd say avoid this charlatan and his "two year guarantee" fables at all costs.

Cheers folks.

Edited by RowLecks

MetalMickey
:clap: glad it worked out for you. Sorry the dick never made his charity contribution.

repfreak83

SolidPISS is one of the worst sites around. Multiple bad reviews can be easily found about their watches and service on the net. The watches are just like everybody else's: either NOOB or BP (and sure as shit not worth the $1,350 price tag even with a swiss ETA).

You went for it, you learned the hard way. Time to learn from it and move on.

RowLecks

:clap: glad it worked out for you. Sorry the dick never made his charity contribution.

Cheers buddy. All's well that ends well. As I say, the only loser seems to be charity. He should be ashamed, but I'm sure he doesn't care.

RowLecks

SolidPISS is one of the worst sites around. Multiple bad reviews can be easily found about their watches and service on the net. The watches are just like everybody else's: either NOOB or BP (and sure as shit not worth the $1,350 price tag even with a swiss ETA).

You went for it, you learned the hard way. Time to learn from it and move on.

Correct mate. The watch repairer confirmed it's a "BP" with Swiss ETA, so it's decent quality, and thankfully I negotiated with SolidSwiss via email and didn't pay too much over the odds, but his guarantee promise is a joke.

You live and learn.....

Edited by RowLecks

Gazzla

I'm very impressed with you, Mr Rowlecks. You have shown a lot of patience, but above all humility, which is a virtue that is too sadly lacking these days.

I'm glad you ended up with a decent watch and hope it will serve you well. Good luck, my friend.

Gaz

RowLecks

I'm very impressed with you, Mr Rowlecks. You have shown a lot of patience, but above all humility, which is a virtue that is too sadly lacking these days.

I'm glad you ended up with a decent watch and hope it will serve you well. Good luck, my friend.

Gaz

Why thank you Gaz. Your comments are much appreciated. These is a tremendous forum - a few people just need to remember that at one time they knew little about rep watches too, and lay off new members, or they won't hang around long, which is a shame. And one member needs to learn to look before he leaps and engage his brain before unleashing his typing finger with wild accusations, but I fear he's a lost cause.

Cheers mate.

Chavezzito

Gaz

Why thank you Gaz. Your comments are much appreciated. These is a tremendous forum - a few people just need to remember that at one time they knew little about rep watches too, and lay off new members, or they won't hang around long, which is a shame. And one member needs to learn to look before he leaps and engage his brain before unleashing his typing finger with wild accusations, but I fear he's a lost cause.

Cheers mate.

Ahhh...bollocks!!

We were n00bs once and we got flamed...now it's time to pass on the legacy!

*irony*

Gazzla

Gaz

Cheers mate.

Ahhh...bollocks!!

We were n00bs once and we got flamed...now it's time to pass on the legacy!

*irony*

I must of had my 'friendly' drunk head on. :)

nuttcrac69

This still going on?

hendrik

And the end is???

Pictures please :boxedin:

Knert1

:popcorn:

good thread, and is good to become familiar with the users here :hide:hehe