Sign in to follow this  
RowLecks

My story and a warning re a supplier called SolidSwiss - buyers beware!

Venomous

cert.png

Yep. Certified normal. Carry on.

V

greg_r

If this is normal, I need to up my dosage...

Kcore

Welcome RowLecks! I might have missed your intro but it's never too late to say hello and welcome. I gotta say, this has been one of the better threads lately. A total good read. It had all the components, nicely written intro of events, some expressions of empathy, a bit of drama from the gallery, all in all handled well with a promising happy ending.

Looking forward to reading your update and seeing pics when you get the watch back from " he who must not be named." BTW, I like your handle. I think you'll do fine here.

Odyseus

i think this thread also shows that if you end up with a duff watch then you will have little chance of getting it repaired.

You can always read through the TZ watch school pdf's i "donated" to RWI ( you'll need to be a VIP there to see them ). if you are very desperate, then look at my blog for stripping down and reassembling watches

stevok2305

cert.png

Yep. Certified normal. Carry on.

V

Nah! That is definately a rep certificate.Just check the font size and formatting on 'Certificate of normal thread' way too big and overhangs the background. Definately not a 1:1 certificate. Most likely of canal street origin :rofl:

Edited by stevok2305

RowLecks

Welcome RowLecks! I might have missed your intro but it's never too late to say hello and welcome. I gotta say, this has been one of the better threads lately. A total good read. It had all the components, nicely written intro of events, some expressions of empathy, a bit of drama from the gallery, all in all handled well with a promising happy ending.

Looking forward to reading your update and seeing pics when you get the watch back from " he who must not be named." BTW, I like your handle. I think you'll do fine here.

Cheers buddy. The watch repair chap sent me a video and it certainly looks the part, all shiny and new, but of course my main concern is "does it keep perfect time like it used to" not how sparkling it is. I should get in back in the next 7-10 days, I'll report my findings then.

Edited by RowLecks

JSJ

I said it was a normal thread. I didn't say the members posting were normal.

Fucking weirdos in fact. :nana::moose:

:sofa:

Kcore
I said it was a normal thread. I didn't say the members posting were normal.

Fucking weirdos in fact. :nana::moose:

:sofa:

I've told you time and time again, flattery will get you nowheres! Try sexual favors ;)

stevok2305

tumblr_static_weirdo_club_logo.jpg

Who's gonna join?? :rofl:

JSJ

tumblr_static_weirdo_club_logo.jpg

Who's gonna join?? :rofl:

I'm already a member. No hoper.

tobytobes

so your rep from solid Swiss runs within cosc range? you got a rep that runs as well as a certified chronometer that you love to wear and you said look totally gen but your title is a warning saying solid Swiss buyer beware? bit harsh don't you think.

tobytobes

one thing i will say the guy you used to service your watch sure turned it round quickly. like within days he had stripped it serviced it regulated and sent you the video. thats a quick service right there.

RowLecks

one thing i will say the guy you used to service your watch sure turned it round quickly. like within days he had stripped it serviced it regulated and sent you the video. thats a quick service right there.

Yes, it really is a quick service Columbo, and I'll send the 90-odd pics he sent to the Mod who's joined the thread no problem. Whether it's a thorough service, time will tell (if you'll pardon the pun), and I'll post my findings on here once I've had it back a few weeks.

As for the original post, if you'd bothered to read it properly, my main complaint was regards the lies on the SolidSwiss site regards a fabled "2 year free warranty" which they failed to honour, despite numerous emails sent and promises to do so. It would also seem I could have had the same watch from two trusted dealers named on this site for around £100-150 less, although that's not really my main concern.

I'll let those who run the forum decide if I was right to warn people to beware, if that's okay with you. The fact that they have allowed the thread to stand, and moved it into the "Scams" section, tends to make me think they're happy enough. Further, the mods themselves have described the original seller as a scam artist. I'll trust their judgement before yours.

Edited by RowLecks

Chavezzito

Yes, it really is a quick service Columbo, and I'll send the 90-odd pics he sent to the Mod who's joined the thread no problem.

As for the original post, if you'd bothered to read it properly, my main complaint was regards the lies on the SolidSwiss site regards a fabled "2 year free warranty" which they failed to honour, despite numerous emails sent and promises to do so.

I'll let those who run the forum decide if I was right to warn people to beware, if that's okay with you. The fact that they have allowed the thread to stand, and moved it into the "Scams" section, tends to make me think they're happy enough. Further, the mods themselves have described the original seller as a scam artist. I'll trust their judgement before yours.

:rofl:

You fit in perfectly in this forum!

tobytobes

but on another post doesnt he say he has a backlog of 30 members watches? so he just serviced yours in days to cosc standard whilst fucking off the other 30 people and then you come on here out of the blue giving it mail after mail about how this dude is the best thing ever even though you havent even got your watch back and you clealy know fuck all about watches one minute then everything the next. if you are not a sock i will eat my hat mate. your problem is you couldn't play the long game, you started the thread well but you just couldnt wait a sensible amount of time to start the praise.

Chavezzito
:popcorn:

Kcore
but on another post doesnt he say he has a backlog of 30 members watches? so he just serviced yours in days to cosc standard whilst fucking off the other 30 people and then you come on here out of the blue giving it mail after mail about how this dude is the best thing ever even though you havent even got your watch back and you clealy know fuck all about watches one minute then everything the next. if you are not a sock i will eat my hat mate. your problem is you couldn't play the long game, you started the thread well but you just couldnt wait a sensible amount of time to start the praise.

WTF - in the "Welcome to the Gulag SSTEEL" thread you're handing out praise to SSTEEL saying how proficient he is. no one is calling you a sock or a shill

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=99032&view=findpost&p=1586442

RowLecks

My my, do you have anger management problems Toby lad? You do seem a tad deranged. I don't give a monkeys what he's said elsewhere to be honest, I'm only interested in getting my watch fixed, and it seems, so far, he's done it.

I'll let the Mods make a fool of you by telling you I'm not a "sock" then you can slither off and pester on another thread.

I have repeatedly said I'll pass proper judgement once I've had the watch back and witnessed it keeping good time, you must have missed that bit too.

A Mod stated earlier (re the original seller SolidSwiss) " He's a well-known scammer and has been ripping people off for years". You seem to have missed that too, in your cyber-rush to publicise your conspiracy theory. As long as it makes you feel better.......take a deep breath and relaaaaax...... :giggle:

RowLecks

Yes, it really is a quick service Columbo, and I'll send the 90-odd pics he sent to the Mod who's joined the thread no problem.

As for the original post, if you'd bothered to read it properly, my main complaint was regards the lies on the SolidSwiss site regards a fabled "2 year free warranty" which they failed to honour, despite numerous emails sent and promises to do so.

:rofl:

You fit in perfectly in this forum!

I just came on to get advice on getting a fecking watch fixed mate. :giggle:

RowLecks

WTF - in the "Welcome to the Gulag SSTEEL" thread you're handing out praise to SSTEEL saying how proficient he is. no one is calling you a sock or a shill

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...dpost&p=1586442

I think he's what's known in the cyber world as a "troll" buddy. He's got my whole family pissing themselves here - my daughter reckons he should have his own show ! :giggle:

WatchDog21
make-it-stop.gif

RowLecks

make-it-stop.gif

My genuine apologies my friend. I just came on the forum to warn people about SolidSwiss and get my bloody watch fixed. I didn't expect the Fakes FBI to start a full investigation into my character and intentions. John Gotti didn't receive the same level of accusations. :cry::giggle:

WatchDog21

make-it-stop.gif

My genuine apologies my friend. I just came on the forum to warn people about SolidSwiss and get my bloody watch fixed. I didn't expect the Fakes FBI to start a full investigation into my character and intentions. John Gotti didn't receive the same level of accusations. :cry::giggle:

I do understand. Your post was just sincere and trying to help warn others, but the door for some fun pictures and what not was also there. Since you do mod a forum I am sure you know how it can go. Things did calm down and it should just end there, but no... It is what it is and its time to move on. Welcome to our forum.

JSJ

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...dpost&p=1586442

He's picked the wrong crew to wind up now though. And I hope his hat is tasty.

RowLecks

make-it-stop.gif

I do understand. Your post was just sincere and trying to help warn others, but the door for some fun pictures and what not was also there. Since you do mod a forum I am sure you know how it can go. Things did calm down and it should just end there, but no... It is what it is and its time to move on. Welcome to our forum.

Yes, mate, I'm kinda used to dealing with anonymous halfwits on forums, but it's not my place to decide policy and direction on here.

I've sent Greg the Moderator a PM offering to send all the 90-odd pics the watch repair bloke has sent me. I'll see if he wants that.

Apologies again, but the "mayhem" and paranoia were none of my doing.....