Sign in to follow this  
spursian

IWC 3777 Little Prince Comparison

spursian

Hi Guys, realised I did a short review over at RWI on this watch but didn't post it here. So here's a short review of the Little Prince for the benefit of the members here.

First impressions: When I first looked at the rep, I didn't think it had any purplish hues to it. I was amazed by the quality and finish. I even compared with it first with my friend's gen under fluorescent, and didn't see any colour difference. It's only when I brought both watches out to the open, you can see a clear difference in colour under sunlight. However, that does not take it away the fact that it's a very very good rep, even when compared to the gen. I would say around 95% similar.

First shot of the watches under fluorescent light indoors with no sunlight present, Left rep, right gen.

77d30c257ccf743d39fce9e2bbe9c058_zpstxwfrqs1.jpg

Shot of watches still under fluorescent light but with sunlight coming in from the windows.

cda6e9ac-518a-44bb-9b13-99524497ef6c_zps7ifgcmhq.jpg

Dial: As mentioned, the purple hue is a lot more obvious where sunlight's present and when it's placed side by side with the gen. Naturally the fonts and finish on the gen dial are more intricate and finer in shape and detail. I can't see any difference between both datewheels. The gen has a more brilliant sunburst whereas the rep looks a little more matte.

Outdoor shot.

IMG_20150327_134712_zpsa8rxuv78.jpg

Hands: The color is pure white on the gen and slightly off white on the rep. As another member has pointed out, the width of the hands are slightly different but not a deal breaker.

Caseback. I would say this is spot on! Even with a microscope, I'd be hard pressed to find any difference!

IMG_20150327_134817_zpsrghfpfti.jpg

Strap: In all honesty, there's no need to change the strap if you want it to look like the gen! The top end of the strap attached to the watch is slightly thicker and stiffer on the rep, but the rest of the strap feels very close to the gen. With constant wear, it'll feel even better. I thought I needed to buy a new strap, but after comparing with the gen, there's no need to!

IMG_20150327_134848_zpscyfgztsg.jpg

Crown and pushers: They look exactly the same to me. Perhaps the one on the gen could be slightly shorter. Didn't have the time to take close-up shots or measurement comparisons.

113589fa222c76d8fa0dc48bd2fca972_zpsnxwy17yy.jpg

Weight: Not the most accurate comparison because of the different buckles. But the gen does feel a little heavier, perhaps by 5g.

Gen on deployant.

1b8c30fd427cf73d9ae42cac8b3f8536_zpsji7dpqlm.jpg

Rep on standard buckle.

17c78e3157eb26126088446d856d92be_zpsnt3f8qxv.jpg

So there you have it. A quick review of the IWC Little Prince. If you're not bothered by the purplish hue under sunlight, by all means get it. That's the main tell if you compare it side by side with the gen. But it's still a beautiful watch. I love the caseback!

yippykayay2121

what is the case diameter on this one?

wqleow

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or does the rep look wider than the gen in the first few photos?

They are all 43mm isn't it?

JSJ

Brilliant to have the comparison with the gen, thanks a lot for the review.

Adamsmith

thanks a lot for the post.

i think i've seen a better version rep of little prince.

really hard to tell.

lonelyby2

Just the colour abit lighter if able to turn to abit darker, it will look like Gen.

EdenResident

Nice review. Once they fix the purple hue, I'll be in for one.

charlesanderika

Great review thanks - I have this and its a superb rep.

I think colour looks really good actually and the chance of me standing next to someone who says excuse me but the colour on your IWC looks a bit purplish in the sunlight are less than zero :)

JSJ

Agreed. I have one too. Superb. I also have the standard 3777, which is the best rep I have. I think about buying the gen then I compare the gen in the AD window to the rep and ask myself why I would bother.

My LPP 3777 is now on a 3777 bracelet since yesterday. I'm in the process of regulation to my usual levels. I fully expect it to meet COSC standards as does my standard 3777 (and most of my other 7750 reps too - it's a superb movement).

I'll take a couple of pics later.

charlesanderika

Agreed. I have one too. Superb. I also have the standard 3777, which is the best rep I have. I think about buying the gen then I compare the gen in the AD window to the rep and ask myself why I would bother.

My LPP 3777 is now on a 3777 bracelet since yesterday. I'm in the process of regulation to my usual levels. I fully expect it to meet COSC standards as does my standard 3777 (and most of my other 7750 reps too - it's a superb movement).

I'll take a couple of pics later.

Cant wait to see the photos on the bracelet mate :)

higginsd

Looks very purple, but his is caused by the bad iPhone camera. IRL it looks blue most of the time.

20150328131902-610b5e28-me.jpg

Edited by higginsd

gran

Thank you for the comparsion, I am considering this replica as there will likely not be any real improvemnets on an V2

charlesanderika

Looks very purple, but his is caused by the bad iPhone camera. IRL it looks blue most of the time.

20150328131902-610b5e28-me.jpg

ooh - looks good mate, I think i'll have to get the bracelet too !

lonelyby2

The purple also look nice.. haha new 2 tone dial~

mosquitos tweeter

Great review, thanks and have decided to push the button and grab one of these based on this. Can I ask which TD you purchased yours from as I see Toro and Marvellous are selling the V6. Thanks

higginsd

They aren't selling the V6, they sell the V1 made by the famous "Hublot BigBang V6-Maker". All TDs get the same watch at the moment. There are rumors about a V2 but nobody - even none of the experts - confirmed the existence of a V2 until now.

Here is a better pic of my PP on bracelet in sunlight:

20150514225006-0bb3f949-me.jpg

kremmen

that looks great very tempting