Sign in to follow this  
Chiquita Fanjita

24 Hour Watch

BadPickle

8 mins past 10?

i like that one the best, is this one yours gerry?

Chiquita Fanjita
Theres quite a few 'one hands' out there

in 12 hour config the markers are in 5 min increments usually so reading the time is pretty much OK

Ive been eyeing this one on the bay which has an addition of a simple chrono:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181704845167

Did you buy it then Reg?

My dad had one from his military days, but I haven't seen it in years. He retired as a DI from the USMC.

Was it a Tissot too the same as I posted mate?

To tell the truth, I don't really remember. The only reason I remembered it (beyond this thread) was because I wore it to school for a day and couldn't figure out how the time worked, lol.

:rofl:

Could try a jumping hours instead

17110-1.jpg

You're just making things more complicated now Gerry :lol:

8 mins past 10?

You would Stu, you with your expensive taste :lol: Only Breguet for you ;)

grb

8 mins past 10?

Yes of course

FuzzyCoyote

I think I would love to have something like it in my collection, but as a few have said I wouldn't know what the bloody time was half the times I look at it, would completely throw out my mind looking at it. Lol.

Great to see though

Mike 1108

Cool!

I've been looking at a similar but newer one, don't know if I should buy one or not:

de235bf67a34f69b8f0f428435aea37d.jpg

The brand is called Slow.

I've looked at these and the Glycine Airman. But I can't unlearn how to tell time - 10:10 would become 5:10, etc. It would make me nuts... and late to a lot of meetings.

Mike

Grb722

How about trying a 24 hour hand GMT

Jaquet-Droz-GMT-3.jpg

Chiquita Fanjita

Longines have one as well, saw one at a local jeweller at the weekend.

Longines_24Hours_2158_G_HD-3.jpg

They also have a single push chrono version which looks sweet

http://www.hodinkee....ece-chronograph

x580x9999__img.jpg

Ohhhh they are nice! I quite like them.

PeterPC

Why is the 0/24 at the bottom instead of the top? Very peculiar and I would say unique placement (it is the only one thus far with this configuration among the watches posted).

Well spotted! Guessing maybe to keep the 12 in its customary position. The Slow posted above too seems to have the same placement.

Turn it upside down and wear it the other way around maybe

Wriggles

Why is the 0/24 at the bottom instead of the top? Very peculiar and I would say unique placement (it is the only one thus far with this configuration among the watches posted).

Thats the Australian model :D

fancyaquickie

Cool!

I've been looking at a similar but newer one, don't know if I should buy one or not:

Has it only got one hand or are they overlapping? If it's only got the one, that would really confuse the shit out of me :lol:

As far as I understand it only has one hand and shows the minutes as an ish...so the pic would be 16:30somethingish :lol:

I have been thinking about getting one of these for sometime now. I keep seeing them.

I got hold of one of these a year or so ago. Was cheaper via Amazon than direct at the time. Great little watch.

trailboss99

Nice! I need a 24hr in my collection but I'm still looking.

Oke I know, unless you are at Scott Base, in a patrol sub or doing a 5 day derp thru the Paris Catacombs (on the bucket list) you probably don't need one but damn, it addresses something your average non complicated watch just can't compute. In fact it makes you wonder why the 24hr dial never made it as the norm. I guess 12 hours looks neater and it was assumed you could look outside for the required additional information. Shame that . . .

Seand83

Cool!

Has it only got one hand or are they overlapping? If it's only got the one, that would really confuse the shit out of me :lol:

As far as I understand it only has one hand and shows the minutes as an ish...so the pic would be 16:30somethingish :lol:

I have been thinking about getting one of these for sometime now. I keep seeing them.

I got hold of one of these a year or so ago. Was cheaper via Amazon than direct at the time. Great little watch.

thanks going to check it out.

Chiquita Fanjita

Nice! I need a 24hr in my collection but I'm still looking.

Oke I know, unless you are at Scott Base, in a patrol sub or doing a 5 day derp thru the Paris Catacombs (on the bucket list) you probably don't need one but damn, it addresses something your average non complicated watch just can't compute. In fact it makes you wonder why the 24hr dial never made it as the norm. I guess 12 hours looks neater and it was assumed you could look outside for the required additional information. Shame that . . .

Suppose once you get used to telling the time on it, it becomes quite normal and you will always get people telling you your watch is slow :lol:

deju

that's very cool ... It would just confuse me at a quick glance though haha

Wasserman

Very nice looking watches, but I'm not smart enough for one of these. I would constantly be in a what time is state of mind.