Sign in to follow this  
Robin195959

Which rep is most likely to be called out?

Venomous

Mugger: Excuse, but I'd like to know if you Rolex is real before I mug you, as this will affect what I get at my fence's shop.

You: Sorry mate this is your unlucky night, this is just my noob factory rep, mug me tomorrow when I'm wearing the real thing.

Mugger: Thank you, that's very decent of you, see you here tomorrow at 7:30

Muggers etiquette mate! Never rob someone unless you know it's the real deal. :giggle:

In all seriousness though, If anyone did call you out, they probably haven't a clue about watches and just following the crowd that think all watches are fake, because they they can only tell the time using their smartphone.

And of course if you're driving a Skoda and step out wearing one of those watches that are blingy as fuck, you may get called out.

I'd personally just think you're a cock for wearing one and wouldn't waste my breath calling you out.

9c488b3a0f81b17319e708cfeb651bca.jpg

V

ag69

Casio?? No, I agree with most, it has to be a Rolex because this is really the only watch brand the world knows about.

RussP

Mugger: Excuse, but I'd like to know if you Rolex is real before I mug you, as this will affect what I get at my fence's shop.

You: Sorry mate this is your unlucky night, this is just my noob factory rep, mug me tomorrow when I'm wearing the real thing.

Mugger: Thank you, that's very decent of you, see you here tomorrow at 7:30

Muggers etiquette mate! Never rob someone unless you know it's the real deal. :giggle:

In all seriousness though, If anyone did call you out, they probably haven't a clue about watches and just following the crowd that think all watches are fake, because they they can only tell the time using their smartphone.

And of course if you're driving a Skoda and step out wearing one of those watches that are blingy as fuck, you may get called out.

I'd personally just think you're a cock for wearing one and wouldn't waste my breath calling you out.

9c488b3a0f81b17319e708cfeb651bca.jpg

V

I don't believe even reppers would bother cloning THAT monstrosity........... :D

arniesack

Venomous, I'll have you know that my Skoda is gen, just like my diamond encrusted Rolex Quartz!!

marressey

Rolex. Like LV and Michael Kors bags they're so common that everyone assumes even the gens are fake.

narikaa

I'm just imagining him calling out all those giant invictas as reps.

Coincidentally one of my suppliers just offered me some rep Invictas only this morning

quelle horreur !

Replicaaustralia

PAM's are quiet obvious imo. I mean 30k for a watch, you won't find much of them in Australia, lol.

Realism
PAM's are quiet obvious imo. I mean 30k for a watch, you won't find much of them in Australia, lol.

Umm... base panerais are not 30k...

Venomous

Rep innit

580aca412df506ecbb2a3f1809135403aa3f1d78.jpeg

Cannibal

Gold Rolex but Rolex in general.

Here's a story. Years ago a female co-worker came into work on cloud nine. Her bf had proposed and in so doing, gave her a gold ladies Rolex DJ. She knew I was the office 'watch guy' so took it off and handed it over for my examination. Once it was in my hand but even before i looked at it, I knew it was fake. It wasn't heavy enough to be a gen gold Rolex... then I saw the quartz second hand ticking. Yep, he cheaped out.

Did I call her out?

No way. Let that take it's natural course.

RUSH2112

Coincidentally one of my suppliers just offered me some rep Invictas only this morning

quelle horreur !

Apparently there's a huge market for them. Every day there is a show on tv pimping those paperweights.

Realism

quelle horreur !

Apparently there's a huge market for them. Every day there is a show on tv pimping those paperweights.

Sometimes i watch them - it's pretty entertaining to say the least

LightGeek

the common or garden sub as everyone has one so it must be a rep or a poorly done obscure chrono that simply looks cheap?

The one you're wearing...

On a more serious note, the one that is poorly finished. It's like a suit... if it's tailored and fits nicely, no one cares or knows it's not Canali vs Walmart.

Seven7r

I'm 16 and I wear an Audemars Piguet 15400. These kinds of things slightly worry me.

But my dad has a gen BLNR, so I always adjust my watch bracelets to be slightly loose so it looks like it's his watch I'm just borrowing HAHA!

I always make sure the watches I might get are the ones that are stereotypical dad watches such as a Rolex Day Date with a black stick dial, or a Datejust.

More related to the topic, I live in a country where you could get great fakes (Greenhills in the Philippines) and I've seen many Rolex watches wherever I go, but most of the time they're in malls I usually go to which have a high amount of middle class and upper middle class people and most of the time they have a Rolex Submariner or a Datejust on a Jubilee on their wrist. I was thinking that if I wore a nice watch I could simply blend in the crowd. Nowadays, you can get a really nice replica and it's really hard to tell so I don't know if all that I've seen are even gen. I did see a really bad Rolex Yachtmaster and I accidentally kept eyeing it and the guy looked at me.

LightGeek

What's to worry? That you'll be shamed and stoned in public? Nah, just wear it an enjoy it. Now if you wear it to elevate your status...

myaz

I'm 16 and I wear an Audemars Piguet 15400. These kinds of things slightly worry me.

Couple thoughts for you. Don't worry, not even slightly. Most people don't know what an AP is. The fact that you wear one means that you have good taste and are not out to primarily impress others, whether it's a rep or gen. If you did, then you'd be wearing a rollie like many in Greenhills.

But my dad has a gen BLNR, so I always adjust my watch bracelets to be slightly loose so it looks like it's his watch I'm just borrowing HAHA!

You're overthinking that one. It's a far stretch to think others will conclude that you must be trying to fill your dad's "larger" shoes by borrowing his watches. Rather, they'll just think that you are wearing a watch like so many women.

I was thinking that if I wore a nice watch I could simply blend in the crowd.

I was once 16 and blending in was very important. In a few years, you'll mature more, go the opposite and will want to be your own man, to be different and respected for what you are. Clothes (watches) don't make the man. It's the man that makes the man. OK, clothes help to make a 1st impression but will not fool everyone long. Don't stress about blending in, you'll agree soon enough.

Enjoy your passion for watches, keep learning more about more them and who knows what doors that will open. Be well. :thumbsup2: (gets off the soapbox)

MetalMickey

quelle horreur !

Surely that would be a good deal, the reps are probably better quality than the genuine Invictas, they have a horrifying QC reputation. ;)

RUSH2112

quelle horreur !

Sometimes i watch them - it's pretty entertaining to say the least

I love it when they have a limited edition piece which is just about every watch they make.

Seven7r

Couple thoughts for you. Don't worry, not even slightly. Most people don't know what an AP is. The fact that you wear one means that you have good taste and are not out to primarily impress others, whether it's a rep or gen. If you did, then you'd be wearing a rollie like many in Greenhills.

You're overthinking that one. It's a far stretch to think others will conclude that you must be trying to fill your dad's "larger" shoes by borrowing his watches. Rather, they'll just think that you are wearing a watch like so many women.

I was once 16 and blending in was very important. In a few years, you'll mature more, go the opposite and will want to be your own man, to be different and respected for what you are. Clothes (watches) don't make the man. It's the man that makes the man. OK, clothes help to make a 1st impression but will not fool everyone long. Don't stress about blending in, you'll agree soon enough.

Enjoy your passion for watches, keep learning more about more them and who knows what doors that will open. Be well. :thumbsup2: (gets off the soapbox)

Oh I should've worded it better. I meant that if I wore a nice watch, people would assume it's real because so many people wear a Rolex or sometimes another AP. I'm not wearing a rep watch because I'm using it to show off or something. I really do have a passion for watches, just that a real Audemars Piguet 15400 would set me back at around $15k and what I got was around $120. I just always make it a point that if someone talks to me about the watch I tell them it's a rep to avoid being embarrassed and called out.

I actually experienced a classmate who was wearing some Tag Heuer Carrera and it had an automatic movement but didn't have the chronograph movement such as an A7750. So I immediately told him that it was a replica and that it was alright because I was wearing a replica too (if I remember it was a 114060) but he kept telling me it was gen and it even had receipts.

nuttcrac69

quelle horreur !

Surely that would be a good deal, the reps are probably better quality than the genuine Invictas, they have a horrifying QC reputation. ;)

I secretly believe that there is no such thing as GEN Invictas, Festinas, etc. :lol:

They all look much worse than your average well made rep.

Edited by nuttcrac69

Chaparral

I would ask about the watch...not if it's fake. C'mon!

jakeg05
I just visited Disneyland and there were a surprisingly large number of people wearing rolexes. I wonder how many were real. I didn't have the nerve to ask anyone about them.

I was here last month, seemed to be a couple thing going on with matching rolexs when i was there

myaz

Oh I should've worded it better. I meant that if I wore a nice watch, people would assume it's real because so many people wear a Rolex or sometimes another AP. I'm not wearing a rep watch because I'm using it to show off or something. I really do have a passion for watches, just that a real Audemars Piguet 15400 would set me back at around $15k and what I got was around $120. I just always make it a point that if someone talks to me about the watch I tell them it's a rep to avoid being embarrassed and called out.

I actually experienced a classmate who was wearing some Tag Heuer Carrera and it had an automatic movement but didn't have the chronograph movement such as an A7750. So I immediately told him that it was a replica and that it was alright because I was wearing a replica too (if I remember it was a 114060) but he kept telling me it was gen and it even had receipts.

What a fine attitude you have!

As far as the Tag, :P it's never fun being called out.....I hope he didn't pay too much for rep papers.

RUSH2112

You think all Tags are automatic and have chronos? He should have punched you in the mouth for saying it was fake.

Seven7r

You think all Tags are automatic and have chronos? He should have punched you in the mouth for saying it was fake.

What the fuck is up with the hostility in RWG? What the fuck kind of attitude is that? I deserve to get punched in the mouth for something like that? If someone did that because I called them out or something I would fucking hit you back too.

It was a Tag Heuer Carrera that had 2 Subdial registers, with 60/20/40 registers mimicking a chronograph. When you press the 2 o' clock button, it changes the needles in one subdial. Pressing the other button would do the same but with a different subdial. It's a faux chronograph.

Plus, I'm not shaming him because it was a replica, I fucking had a replica and told him it was ok because I was wearing a replica too.