Sign in to follow this  
plankton

Datejust II Blue / Stick Toro did me well!

plankton

Sometimes this hobby is like shooting craps, most of the time you get so so stuff but occasionally you end up with a gem! This DJII just came in from Toro, I had already made the appointment with Vac for a movement and lume. Well now I'm not sure it needs that, this one really left the factory higher in quality than normal (IMO).

The DJII is almost indistinguishable from the Gen, normally the lume and the floppy DW are the tell. On this one the DW is dead on and snaps crisply, lume is actually bright and the movement is running -2 spd out of the box at a flat angle------------------------------huh might leave this one alone for a while. It is the 3rd DJII rep I have purchased and by far the best. Also I did have the gen to compare.

i8XdpmE.jpgmGrS9vY.jpg76lmGc0.jpg13BZbyO.jpg2zjkdVn.jpg

dullidulli

This is indeed an exceptionally nice piece!

Wear it well.

simonbolivar

Damn that looks good. I normally steer away from Rolex reps, but this one looks to be very well done.

plankton

The case, crystal construction is made really well on most the DJII it's just the movement and detail normally that have to be modded. I sold my gen because I couldn't tell the difference in my last DJII but it needed some work on the movement to make it jamming. Anyhow I'm pleased with this one.

BC1221

Have this exact same watch and it's one of my favs. Quality wise, I'd say it's up there with TCs.

Gen like case construction. Evenly applied lume. My lume does take forever to charge though.

Even the rehaut lines up all around.

The only issue on mine is the date window seems slightly too small for the double digits. Maybe they fixed that.

Those polished center links are a bitch to keep scratches off of though. :lol:

plankton

There is a great "teardown" thread on RWI, this particular watch does very well when sealed with a eta2836. I'm just not sure it is worth it as of yet, the movement is running super well.

BC1221

Yea. That's the thread I used to straighten my crystal. The cyclop of way off when I got it. :lol:

If you do ever take it apart, be care of that hyrtle or whatever gasket between the bezel and retaining ring. It's a pain in the ass. Mine got stretched bc it set wrong. Took many tries and a hair dryer to get it back to the right shape.

A replacement is like $40 bucks if you can find one.

BC1221

Btw. My fav part about this watch is how many different shades if blue the dial changes to based on lighting.

It's damn near impossible to catch in a picture but it can be almost turquoise to a deep purple.

That and bling effect the fluted bezel has.

N.Rico

I have a good experience with 1 datejust II that i bougth last christmas for my brother ,

awesome watch , my brother its a rolex fan and he owns some gens and he told me that rep its amaizing

enjoy it plakton ,

ill be waiting for it in M2M :giggle:

N.Rico

ah!! and that combo IMO its the best, fluted bezel with blue dial :thumbsup:

plankton

I have a good experience with 1 datejust II that i bougth last christmas for my brother ,

awesome watch , my brother its a rolex fan and he owns some gens and he told me that rep its amaizing

enjoy it plakton ,

ill be waiting for it in M2M :giggle:

I like this one, if I wear it I may go ahead with my gen purchase and sell it. I've been such a cheap-skate lately because the reps I've modded look so close to the gen I can force myself to blow the cash.

Dr. Jimmy

Is this the much sought after "Thai version" Looks great. How are the date numbers in the twenties, do they fit the window properly?

Congrats on a lovely piece.

Eto33

Looks great but the crystal or dial one of Them seems a little crocked on the left side with the LEC but maybe just the angle wear it Well :)

Simms

Now that's a dress watch. What a beauty, enjoy it!

rsh

Here is the smooth bezel version

dj2dial_zpsab240a96.jpg

plankton

This one again keeps me fr buying the gen, it was so accurate

P4GTR

I think that's the BP version you have there plank. I was seriously impressed with mine. Enjoy, she's a beaut.

plankton

I think that's the BP version you have there plank. I was seriously impressed with mine. Enjoy, she's a beaut.

Dan is another version made that might be better?

Noob22

Where are your other ones from that are lesser quality?

plankton
Where are your other ones from that are lesser quality?

I do not know, I think this is what Toro carries as a general.

AKADanTheMan

how much you pay for it plankton?

Pharmo

Beauty... Very tempted to order one. Will have a browse through Toros site in a bit me thinks :)

plankton

It's on pure time e with the correct bracelet.

northantsrich

So it has gen construction? How close to the gen is it in look and feel?

I have always wanted a stock rolex like this rather than a sub but I was always pretty disappointed with the construction of them