Sign in to follow this  
TRADESUNLOCKED

Rolex Yacht Master rose gold

TRADESUNLOCKED

Hi Everyone,

I just ordered the Yacht-Master 116655 Noob 1:1 Best Edition with 3135 movement from Robbie.

I will post pics and a review of the watch once i receive it.

Before that i have a question: Anyone who have bought the same watch as i have and have experience with the fading of the plated rose gold? If so, please send pics so we can see how the rose gold looks like after some usage?

Is it water resistance? Off course it is not good for the colour etc, but i just want to know that it still functions if you put it in a glass of water.

Sorry for the newbie questions.

GenTLe

Hi Everyone,

I just ordered the Yacht-Master 116655 Noob 1:1 Best Edition with 3135 movement from Robbie.

I will post pics and a review of the watch once i receive it.

Before that i have a question: Anyone who have bought the same watch as i have and have experience with the fading of the plated rose gold? If so, please send pics so we can see how the rose gold looks like after some usage?

Is it water resistance? Off course it is not good for the colour etc, but i just want to know that it still functions if you put it in a glass of water.

Sorry for the newbie questions.

That's a review section, you posted in the wrong area.

As for the fading: I use gold watches randomly and never had that problem by now. I'd avoid to use it as everyday watch.

As for water resistance: once you grease the caseback and crown gaskets with silicon grease, and tighten the caseback, you still should have it pressure-tested. If it keeps 6 atm, you can even swim with it.

TRADESUNLOCKED

Perfect. exactly the answers i needed.

Im not going to use it as a everyday watch and i will try to avoid every contact with water etc so the plated rose gold wont fade as quickly.

I mean, NOOB says that it is water resistance till 50 meter, but dont know how reliable that is? As long as it means that it still functions after being in some water all should be good. I didnt exactly plan to take it for a scubba-dive haha.

Regards

GenTLe

Take care not to buy from the fake noobfactory sites! Use our Trusted Dealers.

And, ALWAYS, read the description (even from out TDs) with some critical view. Noob can say what they want, but if not checked personally, I'd keep it FAR from water.

All watches come with not greased gaskets and often with caseback barely tighten. Even after YOU grease the gaskets and properly close the back, there still can be leaks from the crystal, this is the reason you should test it in any case.

And, by the way, your sweat is worse than water for the gold plating...

TRADESUNLOCKED

I bought the watch from one of the trusted dealers and through Robbie so i shouldnt have any problems regading to TD´s.

This is the website i used and this is the one i bought: http://www.aootime868.com/Replica-Rolex-Yacht-Master-116655-Noob-1-1-Best-Edition-3D-Black-Ceramic-Bezel-on-Black-Rubber-Strap--64927.html

As you can see it says water resistant till 50 meters. Mmh, what to believe haha? Robbie says that it is water resistant to a certain point.

TRADESUNLOCKED

When I receive it i would like to check it personally but how do I do that? I mean it would be pretty stupid if i choose to test it in a glass of water and the watch thereafter is broken.

greg_r

Just need to get it pressure tested. Hell, I wouldn't take gens near water without testing 'em first.

A lot of shopping malls have a little place that will do watch straps and basic stuff like pressure testing.

Moving this to GD as not a review.

TRADESUNLOCKED

Ah great thanks for the advice!

Anyone who got any tips on preventing too much sweat underneath your watch?

And is it possible to give the rose gold plating some sort of extra protection layar so that it is less vulnarable from sweat/water?

If so please HMU

GenTLe

This is the website i used and this is the one i bought: http://www.aootime86...rap--64927.html

As you can see it says water resistant til

l 50 meters. Mmh, what to believe haha? Robbie says that it is water resistant to a certain point.

The site is ok, but never trust what you can't check (from pics or by yourself). Damn, I've seen even watches with a description "A2892" (a clone of the ETA 2892) with inside a Miyota 9015...

The way you should read the "waterproof to 50m" is "the construction should make it resistant to 5atm, but unless you test it and do your needed actions like grease the gaskets etc, consider that it's not".

As Greg said above: even the gen should be kept far from the water until tested.

When I receive it i would like to check it personally but how do I do that? I mean it would be pretty stupid if i choose to test it in a glass of water and the watch thereafter is broken.

Test doesn't mean to sink it... It means pressure test at a watch shop. They have the tools to test it without risking to kill it. And another thing you should do is to grease the gaskets (case back and crown one).

About the sweat: get a steel watch and use the gold one only on Sunday (this will also prevent the risk of scratches that will inevitably show the steel below), and remember to clean it with a soft damp cloth and to dry it with a clean cloth after the usage.

TRADESUNLOCKED

Very usable information thanks!

I mean other than trusting the fact that it is a trusted seller (if you follow RWG´s advice about Yuan Robbie) there is not much that can be done before i receive the watch and check for myself. Even QC pics can look good but as you said - i have no idea whether it is what it says before i receive it and get it tested.

Nevertheless i will post photos of the watch as soon as i receive it.

Which grease would you recommend applying for the gaskets?

Thanks man

TRADESUNLOCKED

If i go to a official rolex dealer with my watch and ask if they can provide me with a waterproof test and they see it is a replica. what will happen? I mean it is in general illegal to buy a replica.

GenTLe

If i go to a official rolex dealer with my watch and ask if they can provide me with a waterproof test and they see it is a replica. what will happen? I mean it is in general illegal to buy a replica.

It's one of the stupidest move you may do.

TRADESUNLOCKED

Anyone who happen to have bought the Rolex Yach-master rose gold from noob 1:1 who wants to share some pictures?

WatchaholicMallorca

They will most probably call the rolex police, then you'll be arrested and forced to face trial in the FakeWatchBusta court of law where the Rolex Enforcer will most probably condemn you to 4-5 years in a high security prison in Geneve

WatchaholicMallorca

Anyone who happen to have bought the Rolex Yach-master rose gold from noob 1:1 who wants to share some pictures?

I shared a link to arguably the most detailed review ever on the other post which is exactly like this one, use search bar mate and you'll find it

TRADESUNLOCKED

I know - and thanks for that i saw the comprehensive review but your post got deleted after server crashdown.

Nevertheless i was more interested in seeing some pictures of a rose gold replica (preferably rolex) used over time to see how well the rose gold plating is preserved

WatchaholicMallorca

4F12E0E9-63F5-470C-B070-66E831818683_zpsfhbxrjml.jpg

WatchaholicMallorca

https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/big-rolex-yachtmaster-review-6-digit.365876/

Scroll down to the RG one, it basically says Noob is the best all rounder, but it depends on if you prefer the color to be accurate or the dial printing.

My RGdaydate probably doesn't have the best plating, it looks good in that picture but that was early on. my YG however has no sign of plating issues at all.

TRADESUNLOCKED

I want the absolute best quality when it comes to the replica making of the RG.

Which one of these would you recommend me buying?

BP vs NOOB?

http://www.ttw-138.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=352&products_id=16015 NOOB best edition

http://www.ttw-138.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_10&products_id=16849 BP best edition

Lastly, this model to 1000 dollars how much better is it compared to the others besides the fact that it has a thicker rose gold platting? I assume that makes the rose gold last longer? But how much longer?

http://www.ttw-138.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_10&products_id=16849

tomtom1988

Just buy a SS one and be done with it, you're way overthinking this whole gold plating malarkey

TRADESUNLOCKED

And whats the difference between plated gold and wraped gold? is it a chinese marketing phrase used to charge more money?

Because when it comes to BP there is 500 bucks in difference from plating to wrapped.

TRADESUNLOCKED

yeah i know - im overthinking this shit way too much.

I bouth the RG-YM NOOBS best edition for 420 - Ill post HD pictures once i recieve it and will keep you updated on the fading situation.

However i think i should have gone for the BP to 980 dollars because of the thicker plating

greg_r

I bouth the RG-YM NOOBS best edition for 420 - Ill post HD pictures once i recieve it and will keep you updated on the fading situation.

However i think i should have gone for the BP to 980 dollars because of the thicker plating

If you had, we'd be referring you to your local shrink round about now... ;)

FWIW it's not a Rolex and it's not a rep (although reps and cheaper gens are plated the same way), but I've owned this RG plated Rotary for some years and even the clasp is still holding up:

rotary702c_1.jpg

Plated watches are not a great choice for a daily beater as they WILL wear, but for a smart watch for evening wear (or whenever), they can last extremely well if you treat 'em with respect (so long as there's no flaws in the plating, but most I've had have been good).

tomtom1988

I think you made the right choice mate, don't over think it, my first rep well second was a two tone santos, I wore it for about 5 years, as a beater I'd say at least 3-4 days a week, not one bit of fading, I took care of it, had my jeweller polish it up and sold it here. Just wear it, look after it and enjoy it, good choice aswell!

TRADESUNLOCKED

perfect - exactly what i needed to hear.

I am going to wear it for occasional events but not as a daily and i will try and keep it away for sweet/water etc.

Then i hope that the plating holds very well.

How does local jewellers normally react when someone comes in with a replica watch and wants a polish? I mean do they care about the fact that it is a replica or do they just do their job and get paid?