Sign in to follow this  
Hinclimincli

Railmaster 39mm back?

Hinclimincli

Hiya!

Newbie here, but I have been lurking several forums for quite a while. I got myself a very nice Railmaster from Josh back in 2009, some people seem to talk about these versions as super reps because of the AR, decent line, decent movement ("Swiss" ETA), etc. But to me it has always had a very obvious tell: the transparent case back.

The moment you pick up the watch you can see that there isn't any coaxial Omega movement there.

I'm usually wearing it on a black NATO (after all, it's some kind of Rolex Explorer, isn't it?) and it looks pretty good. But at some point I'd like to get a good leather strap or even a bracelet. Anyone has a clue on where could I get a decent closed back? I guess it should be a closed Seamaster Aqua Terra 39mm, isn't it?

This is the watch in question, btw:

IMG_20170328_084223-01-01_zps1hqpmagx.jpeg

A wristie:

IMG_20170331_184928_zpsffayktdq.jpg

And lume pic (I hear the new ones don't have lume on the dial?!)

IMG_20170328_084706_zpsycylipgi.jpg

Thanks everyone!

frank73

best ever

Genius

Why bother who the fuck is gonna be looking at the back of your watch

phone

This. The front of my RM is the most obvious tell in the world, and people are just like: "Cool watch man." The general public has no idea what you're wearing to be honest.

Hinclimincli

I know, to be honest 90% of the people wouldn't be able to tell, even when looking at the back. It's just that classic, "wow, nice watch, can I take a look?".

Of course you can always say "no, bugger off, but it still feels awkward.

Obviously, if there's no simple solution I'm happy to keep it on the NATO as it covers the back perfectly ;-)

narikaa

Maybe that self same bogey man that performs citizen's arrests on all those terrified, minutia obsessed rep Rolex owners

;)

RUSH2112

If they ask to see the back of your watch show them the back of your hand.

dilip
If they ask to see the back of your watch show them the back of your hand.

^ this, is the true gentlemans way

Genius
I know, to be honest 90% of the people wouldn't be able to tell, even when looking at the back. It's just that classic, "wow, nice watch, can I take a look?".

Of course you can always say "no, bugger off, but it still feels awkward.

Obviously, if there's no simple solution I'm happy to keep it on the NATO as it covers the back perfectly ;-)

The gen isn't really that decorated a movement, if you could get a branded rotor gen or rep 99.99% of people wouldn't be able to tell it's not gen.

Personally I wouldn't bother though it's a great watch with a proper Swiss movement why do you care that someone who may or may not exist may or may not ask you to take it off and you may or may not say yes and hand over your watch and in that instance they may or may not k ow what an omega 2400 looks like through a display back and you may or may not feel embarrassed......

Ffs it's your watch if you want to put it on a nice leather strap do it! I think it'll look really good on the one MDK is practically giving away

Hinclimincli

Haha, ok, ok, sold! And thanks for the heads up about the strap btw!

carpetmonster

I always wanted to have one of these. To be honest Im still looking for that case- old AT and railmaster reps were having great and very accurate cases, perfectly for franken watches as dial, hands and movement was just a direct swap.