Sign in to follow this  
Matmat10

Omega Aqua Terra blue dial thoughts

Matmat10

Andrew has this 41mm blue dial aqua terra rep on his site. The movement is the swiss 2836 which i believe would account for its price of $328.

http://imgur.com/a/TL6Xz

http://www.ttw-138.c...oducts_id=12501

Just wanted to know what everybody thinks about it as I am really thinking about getting one myself. Looks amazing to me but I am not too sure about the flaws or problems on this watch. Thanks!

Edited by Matmat10

imranbecks

Its definitely the best one out there along with that movement. But that one has Skyfall on the rotor which is inaccurate.

I for one prefer the 38.5mm size though which I have been eyeing on with the Asia 2836 movement and an accurate rotor without the Skyfall >>> http://www.ttw-138.c...oducts_id=15663

38.5mm fits me perfectly, plus it wears big. But it depends on the individual. I currently have the gen quartz grey AT which is 38.5mm and its just perfect. I'm holding out from getting the rep of the blue AT posted above though because I'm already in the process of saving up for the gen :)

Edited by imranbecks

Marcoman

I recently received the more recent 007 aqua terra with the querky dial but mine has the miyota movement which meant it was $228 so a good price for a daily beater. Movement is fine but its a bit ropey for winding etc. Doesn't bother me too much. Quality is also fine but feels a bit light on the wrist. Have never held the real thing so no idea if this is how it is meant to feel. To put into context, my steelfish feel an awful lot heavier which you'd expect for a 44mm but in addition, it feel that bit more solid and gen like than the AT.

greg_r

Not a review. Moved to General Discussion.

black263

Swiss? You need to read more about movements.

dondulah

I always wanted a blue AT and I don't want a stuttering miyota. I never can decide who has the best rep with a non stuttering miyota.

imranbecks
I always wanted a blue AT and I don't want a stuttering miyota. I never can decide who has the best rep with a non stuttering miyota.

Trusty have quite a number of non Miyota AT's.. A2836 movement to be exact. In particular the blue AT with the 38.5mm case. I do not think this has the stuttering movement. It's definitely not stuttering in the video at their website. It looks really decent. Shade of blue looks ok too. But I've yet to see anyone do a review of those yet with the A2836 movement.

Edited by imranbecks

black263

Trusty have quite a number of non Miyota AT's.. A2836 movement to be exact. In particular the blue AT with the 38.5mm case. I do not think this has the stuttering movement. It's definitely not stuttering in the video at their website. It looks really decent. Shade of blue looks ok too. But I've yet to see anyone do a review of those yet with the A2836 movement.

That may be because of the orientation of the watch. My stutterer is fine on its back, but when you hold the watch vertical, it's perfect with the second hand going uphill, and stutters going downhill. Doesn't matter whether the 12 is up, down or any other position. As long as the second hand is going against gravity it's fine. Downhill it stutters.