Jingwei

Noob V7 Submariner A2836 from Chazingtime

Jingwei

So after lurking on this forum for a while, I emailed several dealers enquiring about buying my first rep. Chazingtime stood out with quick, informative and honest responses.

Long story short after over a month of probably more than 50 e-mail, I decided to go with an A2836 V7 sub, due to likeness to the gen and the reliability of the movement. After eventually ordering it and paying by direct bank transfer, it took only 10 days to arrive. During which I asked for two sets of QC photos.

The quality of the rep is great. The only noticeable flaw is that the rehaut isn't aligned, which I unfortunately noticed in the QC pics after it had been picked up. And there is a slight scuff mark on the bracelet. Other than that it's incredible. My boss who owns a gen omega seamaster saw it and when I told him I'd bought it for £2,000 and it was real he offered £3,000. Upon being told it was a rep he immediately wanted to know how to get one.

I can't recommend these guys enough and they have a customer for life.

ShovelnTC

50 emails wow!

samurai dave

Pics please. :-)

Nikosaldente

Let's see it!

Jingwei

So, I am by no means a good photographer, let alone for watches but here you go...

Here's the misaligned rehaut:

isHUMO.jpg

Here's the slight scuff:

QQlUTA.jpg

And here's the watch in all it's poorly photographed glory:

HNBIYN.jpg

QweVT1.jpg

nhBrJN.jpg

Wow those photos are big. Whoops

Lagger

That rehut is a mile off! Must have been bring your kid to work day........anyway a simple job for someone like Rolie to put right.

Those scratches happen on all of these, it's the clasp rubbing in the bracelet, nothing to worry about

Jingwei

Yeah I'm not too bothered about the scratches. It reminds me it's just a rep and to keep working for the real thing.

What or who is Rolie? A watch servicer? I was going to get it serviced and hopefully fix the alignment but I'm not really sure where to start other than to call some people and ask if they'd be happy servicing a rep.

Lagger

Rolie is a member here UK based, and myself and several others can vouch for him, met him personally as well, nice guy.............but not on the TD lost so staff couldn't help.

There is Trusted watch services on here as well, who people seem happy with, getting a rep serviced, and your rehut aligned would be a nightmare outside the forum

Jingwei

I've messaged him! Many thanks.

Rick Hard

Looks great! Whats their proper homepage and mail if I may ask?

rawbaws

Is there plastic protection over the bezel? Something looks off on the edge of the ceramic from say 10 to 25 and also around the pearl?

I really think these v7s have also got the ceramic insert color wrong. They all just seem too grey to me. Picky yes I know.

ShovelnTC

Is there plastic protection over the bezel? Something looks off on the edge of the ceramic and also around the pearl?

Yes I was wondering that too.

Rick Hard

I´m new here. Sorry for many stupid questions!:-) Looking for a nice submariner. I see many different models. Like Noob factory V7 and Swiss ETA 2836 etc. Is this two brands the best?

Looked at Chazingtime on this piece: Costs a little bit more than the others. Is it bacauce of the gold finish or is the 1.1 models more exact?

Submariner 116613 LN Noob 1:1 Best Edition YG Wrapped Bezel Black Dial On SS/YG Bracelet A2836

Whats does 116613 stand for? Just need to learn more....

Jingwei
Looks great! Whats their proper homepage and mail if I may ask?

It's chazingtime.co and [email protected] I believe.

Jingwei
Is there plastic protection over the bezel? Something looks off on the edge of the ceramic from say 10 to 25 and also around the pearl?

I really think these v7s have also got the ceramic insert color wrong. They all just seem too grey to me. Picky yes I know.

No there's no plastic. The bezel is a bit of a grease magnet so I've been playing with it so much it might be oily from my fingers.

And yeah the platinum insert on the bezel is a known issue, it's darker than a gen but I didn't care enough about that really.

Jingwei
I´m new here. Sorry for many stupid questions!:-) Looking for a nice submariner. I see many different models. Like Noob factory V7 and Swiss ETA 2836 etc. Is this two brands the best?

Looked at Chazingtime on this piece: Costs a little bit more than the others. Is it bacauce of the gold finish or is the 1.1 models more exact?

Submariner 116613 LN Noob 1:1 Best Edition YG Wrapped Bezel Black Dial On SS/YG Bracelet A2836

Whats does 116613 stand for? Just need to learn more....

V7 is the most recent and in my opinion most gen like rep. 2836 is the more reliable movement, 3135 is less reliable but more aesthetically gen like. 116613 is the model number as it's partially gold the 116100 is the standard stainless steel.

Lowflyermike

What about the Miyota movement?

c1rcle

I've got one of these. Isn't the "M" in the spelling of "Submariner" on the dial. different from gen and an instant giveaway?

ShovelnTC

"instant" givaway LOL.

There are multiple dials in Gen during the years of production and I believe the 2016 dial has the short M but who knows exactly which actual version/year so I hardly think this is an instant givaway and certainly not in the wild.

k3rm87

In the market for one of these. Is it typical to have the rehaut misaligned?

ShovelnTC

No mate, luck of the draw and an easy fix for a basic tinkerer.

ShovelnTC

Mate you're PM must be full as I can't send you a PM.

k3rm87

Mate you're PM must be full as I can't send you a PM.

Cleared up now mate, thanks for letting me know :)

Pupps

That rehut is a mile off! Must have been bring your kid to work day........anyway a simple job for someone like Rolie to put right.

Those scratches happen on all of these, it's the clasp rubbing in the bracelet, nothing to worry about

Rolie is a member here UK based, and myself and several others can vouch for him, met him personally as well, nice guy.............but not on the TD lost so staff couldn't help.

There is Trusted watch services on here as well, who people seem happy with, getting a rep serviced, and your rehut aligned would be a nightmare outside the forum

+ A trillion for Rolie, not only is he a properly nice bloke but his also a quality watchsmith, he's helped me out of a couple of tight jams thus far and will be doing a movement swap for me shortly with a few other editions. :)

c1rcle

"instant" givaway LOL.

There are multiple dials in Gen during the years of production and I believe the 2016 dial has the short M but who knows exactly which actual version/year so I hardly think this is an instant givaway and certainly not in the wild.

I'm not saying it's not a great Rep, I have one and I am happy with it.

I have never actually seen a Gen with the short M and it's usually the first thing that gets noticed when the rep is compared to the Gen.

Has anyone else seen a Gen with the short M?