Sign in to follow this  
black263

How to use 2015 Photobucket to post images.

black263

There is a fine instruction in Photobucket 101, but this refers to a now superseded version of Photobucket. To use the version current at Oct 2015, follow the steps below.

1. Once you have your photobucket account, upload the pictures to your library.

2. In your library, put your cursor on the image you want. The cursor changes to a pointy hand. Single LEFT click on the image. A new window will open, with a full version of the image you want.

3. On the right side is a box with 4 urls listed. Put your cursor on the bottom URL (called IMG) and it changes to a pointy hand. Single LEFT click on that URL. It will briefly say "copied" in the box and return to the URL.

4. Go to RWG and in the input box, left click at the point where you want the image inserted, then right click and paste. You will see a long URL appear in the box. That is the picture embedded, and when you post the message, it will change to the picture you want.

greg_r

instant sticky. Thanks, Black!

black263

YAY. My first ever sticky. (That doesn't sound quite right) :suck:

autochrono

All,

New to the forum. Just testing linking images on the site...

ds1.jpg

Figuring out resolution/size etc.

autochrono

little too big

black263
All,

New to the forum. Just testing linking images on the site...

ds1.jpg

Figuring out resolution/size etc.

Scroll down from home page and you will find a Testing section where you can practice all day long without cluttering active threads..

krag90

How worried should I be, posting pics of pirated goods, frankens and such on an open photosite such as photobucket for everyone to see? I understand that RWG can't handle the bandwidth of the whole forum posting pics on RWG-servers, but is there another way, posting pics for RWG-readers too see without posting to the whole internet simultaneously? Private DB-storage maybe?

WatchDog21
How worried should I be, posting pics of pirated goods, frankens and such on an open photosite such as photobucket for everyone to see? I understand that RWG can't handle the bandwidth of the whole forum posting pics on RWG-servers, but is there another way, posting pics for RWG-readers too see without posting to the whole internet simultaneously? Private DB-storage maybe?

give-that-man-a-tin-foil-hat-thumb.jpg

honestly... you are posting a picture and that is it. Perhaps if you had I signed affidavit notarized and stated I buy counterfeit goods it would be a different story but other than that I would not give it a second thought

krag90

Even if someone would follow that post to lets say, this forum, and build conclusions from there? Just interested in if anyone has taken a hit from the justice system posting pics in the open and written about it for example here. There may be huge differences, I would have had a bigger tin foil hat if I lived in China for example, but still. No one has ever had the SWAT sqad knocking on the door? :)

Mostly a curious question, maybe a wee bit paranoid as well.. ;)

WatchDog21

Even if someone would follow that post to lets say, this forum, and build conclusions from there? Just interested in if anyone has taken a hit from the justice system posting pics in the open and written about it for example here. There may be huge differences, I would have had a bigger tin foil hat if I lived in China for example, but still. No one has ever had the SWAT sqad knocking on the door? :)

I have never even heard a peep about such a scenario but you can never rule it out 100%. Personally I really don't give it a second thought. However if paranoia is setting in you can follow these steps:

1. ALWAYS connect to a public WiFi spot

2. Be sure to spoof your mac address

3. Use public proxy servers when surfing.

4. Sign up for a disposable email account and provide bogus information about who you are

5. Sign up for your favorite photo sharing spot and use the same bogus info from step 4

6. NEVER sign on from home; always be at a public WiFi spot

7. Constantly look over your shoulder for any suspicious G-Men. These buggers can be hard to spot at times.

Believe me, no matter where you are in the world "they" know who you are and what your doing. I mean really why else would I be getting emails about breast enlargements :wacko:

Relax and don't worry and I will leave you with this!

black263

I have never even heard a peep about such a scenario but you can never rule it out 100%. Personally I really don't give it a second thought. However if paranoia is setting in you can follow these steps:

4. Sign up for a disposable email account and provide bogus information about who you are

5. Sign up for your favorite photo sharing spot and use the same bogus info from step 4

7. Constantly look over your shoulder for any suspicious G-Men. These buggers can be hard to spot at times.

Believe me, no matter where you are in the world "they" know who you are and what your doing. I mean really why else would I be getting emails about breast enlargements :wacko:

Clare asked me if she should get breast enlargements. I told her to just rub them daily with toilet paper. "Will that work?", she asked. I replied....

Well it did with your arse.

The doc says I should be able to go home in a few days. :suck:

krag90

>_< Thanks guys, I guess. :boobies:

Bxx

thank you for this much needed tutorial.

dadog13

I was trying today to post a photo but without success. Photobucket has become a pain in the ass or they had today some issues. Will try one more time after reading this post. Hopefully it will help me..

CAESAR1

You crack me up my man!!

https://imgur.com/a/itATP

mjbeat

nice totorial