Sign in to follow this  
offshore

Tracking Numbers.

offshore

A lot of newcomers to shipping watches become very disturbed, when a tracking # handed out doesn't register when they search it.

What you need to realise is that the dealers have stacks of forms with tracking # and will peel a form off, and attach it to a watch and put it on the packing bench. They then give out this number to their client.(You :kenny:)

That doesn't mean it has shipped...far from it...it may be days or sometimes weeks (for whatever reason) before it is actually a package and is lodged for shipping.

So possession of a tracking number means diddly squat...when it finally appears on a tracking website gives you some indication of your package moving.

Also....some tracking # only show on tracking sites when the goods have arrived in your country...depends on the carrier, and its relationship with your home postal service.

If more than one tracking site is giving different information...sometimes this is due to the interpretation of one or the other sites. Can get very messy so go with your "home" tracking site as a better (but not always exactly correct) guide.

Hope this stimulates some discussion.

Offshore

Member X

Someone sticky this in the Newbies section! lol

narikaa

Golden rule is save yourself time effort and stress DO NOT TRACK PACKAGES

It will arrive at exactly to same time (to the very minute no less) whether you p#ss about tracking it - or you dont.

sjb
Golden rule is save yourself time effort and stress DO NOT TRACK PACKAGES

It will arrive at exactly to same time (to the very minute no less) whether you p#ss about tracking it - or you dont.

Good advise Reg.

I learnt this pretty quick! :)

powderfreak

:)

greg_r

AAAAAMEN! Done!

Member X
:lol:

lanshan75

Fuck off Spammer

Sol

Electron17

I have started using DHL instead of EMS, found their delivery is much faster and their tracking is excellent. 3 days from China to South Africa. and the tracking proved spot on.

shpr543

Great info...thanks.

FCarvi

Great info for noobs like me!!

Keefb13
I have started using DHL instead of EMS, found their delivery is much faster and their tracking is excellent. 3 days from China to South Africa. and the tracking proved spot on.

Hear what you say about DHL but I've had a package from Josh at PC that hasn't moved from Hong Kong for week now which seems weird. Josh assures me it's with DHL. So I guess it's best just not to track.... It has always been spot on with DHL previously though

irregularity

Or with some dealers you get the tracking number just after its arrived. I thought I'd wait a week after confirming QC pics before pestering my dealer as I accepted that this process could take a month or so, that was on a Sunday. On the following Thursday whilst at work I receive my tracking number, go online to check and see that it was left with my neighbour that morning.

fascani

thanks for the tip!

yctwatch

Great advice!

the_faz_man

Has anyone ever had the EMS tracking stuck on 'posted' or 'Dispatched' but no further tracking (no matter the tracking website). Normally within a few hours it will say processed through sort facility in Guangzhou, but it has been days. Should I be worried that my watch has been stolen by the postman who picked it up from the dealer?

FunnyStarSystem

Has anyone ever had the EMS tracking stuck on 'posted' or 'Dispatched' but no further tracking (no matter the tracking website). Normally within a few hours it will say processed through sort facility in Guangzhou, but it has been days. Should I be worried that my watch has been stolen by the postman who picked it up from the dealer?

I've had that happen a couple times. Maybe it fell off the belt and is waiting for someone to notice and put it back in transit, maybe there's a mass knifing and subsequent standoff at the facility, a deadly gas leak, it's China, who knows!

But I've never had one utterly disappear.

Cue all the guys who've had them disappear!

Anyway, it's common for them to temporarily go missing. You can ask the seller to look into it, usually they can track down where the snag is if it's that close to origin.

Edited by Inkoumori

the_faz_man

Thanks Ink. I won't pester the dealer just yet. I was hoping that someone would say that the same tracking issue happened to them but the watch still turned up on time

classicDESIGN

Very helpful information....every little bit helps for a noob like me :)

Thanks,

bluejuly

Thanks for the advice

stevok2305

TBH i've had parcels delivered before the tracking number has even shown up on the system. :rofl:

Pob
TBH i've had parcels delivered before the tracking number has even shown up on the system. :rofl:

Yeah, same thing many times , so I wouldn't be surprised if the watch arrives before you see any changes.

JonjonnyB

I have worked out that certain sites will order a collection and get allocated a tracking number to send to us ( to keep us sweet ) and can be up to a week or 2 before it is actually collected . I find 17track app the best for total tracking information.

purger72

Good to get some insight in others experience. Noob here and can see same with my first order. Patience is the key