ks653

Why are Breguet reps not as popular?

ks653

Hey Guys... I've been on this forum for a bit now and not once have I heard anyone talk about Breguet reps. I find those watches absolutely stunning (at least in pics). So is there a reason why they're not as popular?

greg_r

The biggest problem is that, for whatever reason, there are relatively few decent Breguet reps around. You can say the same for Patek, Lange, VC, JLC and others, too...

When you look at Breguet's high-end stuff, you have to bear in mind that there's a limited range of movements available to rep makers and in many cases what's available simply doesn't have the functionality to replicate some of the high-end gens. I'd love a good Lange 1 rep, for instance, but it's just not going to happen.

The other factor is, for better or worse, the average buyer of a replica watch starts out looking for a Rolex and then moves on to a fairly predictable range of dive and general sport watches. Dress watches, for some reason, just don't seem to be as popular.

I've owned a rep Breguet, but it was just a 21j-powered cheapie and I was never terribly satisfied with it, so moved it on. These days there are a small range of models available - some tourbys (which are lovely watches, but not really much like the gen as the tourby movements used are of rather different appearance and configuration than the ones made by Breguet themselves) along with the Aeronavale range, some of the Classiques and one or two others. Most aren't really that close to the gen and whilst there's some pretty watches amongst them, there's little that is that inspiring tbh.

To see what's around, take a look at Josh's site: http://www.1-pc8838....?page=1&sort=2a (you will probably have to click that link a second time to get to the actual page).

ks653

Thanks Greg... only if they were able to replicate these complex movements, the world would be such a nicer place :-)....

What do you think about the Lange Datograph... not extremely accurate but a stunning looking rep nevertheless...

I was hoping that they rep at least the basic models well (like the pic below), but that does not seem to be the case too..

Breguet.jpg

greg_r

The closest I can get to the model you pictured is this:

http://www.1-pc8838....8242-p-702.html

It's a nice watch - you might want to talk to dingleberry about it as he used to have one. Most of the dealers should be able to get it for you - how close it is to gen, though, I couldn't tell you.

The Lange datograph is a great-looking rep albeit, as you say, not that accurate to the gen. A few guys on here have had them, Silverspeed being one of 'em, and you'll find his review here: http://www.replica-w...?showtopic=7627

ShiroTenshi

Thanks Greg... only if they were able to replicate these complex movements, the world would be such a nicer place :-)....

What do you think about the Lange Datograph... not extremely accurate but a stunning looking rep nevertheless...

I was hoping that they rep at least the basic models well (like the pic below), but that does not seem to be the case too..

+1, I love dressy models.

The A Lange Datograph is of stunning quality (a tleast from silverspeed's review), the differences from the gen are that,

1) Slightly bigger, 42mm compared to 40mm

2) Date font not as thick

3) Lower date window (the XII used to occupy the space make it look nice nevertheless)

4) Needless to say, the movement, however the ST-19 use in it is a bulletproof movement, at the same time a beautiful one.

To me, all these are of minor issue and can be overlooked in the face of a quality rep. I had personally ordered a RG version and am waiting for it.

dingle

I sold this one some time ago as it was too small for my taste, but it was a a stunner....

Greg just posted a link ( you have to click the link twice). I sent a pic of that watch to Mary and ordered from her. The Strap was ordered seperate as the bracelet that comes with it is hideous.

4919246791_ed598bbf20_z.jpg

ks653

Thanks Greg... It was Silverspeed's review that caught my attention... beautiful watch!

I am contemplating a dress watch for a wedding I will be attending in a couple of months... will go for either a Lange Datograph or a JLC Duometre or a Rolex DayDate 2 on a slate dial & presidential bracelet... spending all my time researching into these when I am supposed to be working :giggle:

Rochest told me that there will soon be a DayDate 2 special he will be putting up... fingers crossed!

ks653

I sold this one some time ago as it was too small for my taste, but it was a a stunner....

Greg just posted a link ( you have to click the link twice). I sent a pic of that watch to Mary and ordered from her. The Strap was ordered seperate as the bracelet that comes with it is hideous.

4919246791_ed598bbf20_z.jpg

In that case I might add it to my list :-)

ks653

The A Lange Datograph is of stunning quality (a tleast from silverspeed's review), the differences from the gen are that,

3) Lower date window (the XII used to occupy the space make it look nice nevertheless)

4) Needless to say, the movement, however the ST-19 use in it is a bulletproof movement, at the same time a beautiful one.

To me, all these are of minor issue and can be overlooked in the face of a quality rep. I had personally ordered a RG version and am waiting for it.

Thanks mate... the ST19 is the same as Venus/Lemania right? At present, this one's on top of my list...

dingle

Thanks mate... the ST19 is the same as Venus/Lemania right? At present, this one's on top of my list...

yes,..well sort of....

The one in my pic was swiss eta.....smooth as silk sweep ;)

ShiroTenshi

The ST-19 can be said as a Venus/Venus clone, but not Lemania, it is confusing members when the dealers put it as so.

Read this, its very informative and fun: http://www.rwg.cc/to...-seagull-st-19/

Edited by ShiroTenshi

NFleischer

Yes- same watch, both copy mov'ts. Here's the RG Datograph very nice repDSCN0081.jpg

There are some Brequet chronos out with same mov't, not as good reps IMO

ks653

Yes- same watch, both copy mov'ts. Here's the RG Datograph very nice repDSCN0081.jpg

There are some Brequet chronos out with same mov't, not as good reps IMO

Beautiful watch! Thanks for the feedback...

ShiroTenshi

NEfleischer, what is the Strap size to use for the Datograph? 22/18 ?

Luthier
07-5.jpg

RichardMiami

Not a good pic, but here is my Breguet Heritage. It's a cheapie I picked up in China, but I love it for formal, dressy occasions. It is inaccurate on several details, but I really don't care about that.

CameraZOOM-20120312142107190.jpg

Luthier

Beautiful watch, Richard, better pics, please!!!

Dendo

IMG_6558.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

IMG_5251.jpg

IMG_5034.jpg

IMG_5035.jpg

IMG_6600.jpg

Luthier

Oh, yes, I forgot this one...

:D

019-2.jpg

021-1.jpg

Dendo

07-5.jpg

Love this watch!

gran

07-5.jpg

now that's a great looking Breguet

ks653

Great watches Richard, Luth & Dendo... I am guessing that the skeleton watch is a fantasy?

I quite like the blue Breguet and the Lange...!

RichardMiami
Beautiful watch, Richard, better pics, please!!!

Thanks Luthier... here are a few I just took for you... please enjoy!

I love the guilloche on this watch... especially the basket weave in the subdials!

Brequet-001.jpg

Breguet-003.jpg

Breguet002.jpg

Luthier

Stunning, mate!!! Thanks for pics!!! What size is it?