Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

AP 15202 rep finally!!!!!! (It's quartz though)

_DC_

Just spotted this on Toro

596AE94E-793E-4348-A8E5-32026A48A170_zpst692eamz.jpg

Impressed, lovely and thin :thumbsup: thanks to the quartz. It's probably the best solution, no auto rep movement would be thin enough and since there's no second hand anyway there's no tick to worry about!!!!

What do you guys think?!?

Very tempted!

DC

Ishmael

30-something mm?

Mr. Genesis

It looks good, but I can't find the watch on Toro's website. Could you post the link please? :)

edit: sorry, found it!

Edited by Mr. Genesis

Piccolo

I'd probably get one depending on price. Like you say, no second hand to give away the quartz anyway.

Mattcrx

Correct thickness then??

Mr. Genesis

DESCRIPTION:

Price: $268

CASE: Stainless steel

MOVEMENT: Japanese Miyota Quartz Movement

DIMENSIONS: 39mm X 11mm

CRYSTAL: Sapphire

Nnilswerdna

For me, there was 2 achievable dream watches in the world.

The 5711 and the 15202.

They are just the type of watches I wouldn't go near the replica because of the flaws.

The factories idea to decorate the movement on the latest 5711 is just laughable,

Piccolo

I don't know why I expected it to be cheaper, at $268 I wouldn't get one.

Mr. Genesis

I don't know why I expected it to be cheaper, at $268 I wouldn't get one.

+1

_DC_

Thickness looks good, might not be quite as thin as gen but certainly looks a lot thinner than the 15300 or 15400, it's all in the bezel...

061CDBB2-B383-472B-8CD4-E83DFFCD7269_zpsesmgukzi.jpg

DC

Genius

Isn't the gen quartz anyway? If not that model there is a nearly identical gen that is quartz

Nnilswerdna
Isn't the gen quartz anyway? If not that model there is a nearly identical gen that is quartz

No mate. The gen 15202 has the beautiful 2121 movement, I think it's a JLC designed movement but pretty sure Patek used it for a long time as well as AP

Daywatch

Just hope the 11mm thickness is a typo because the gen is 8,1mm and the justification for it being a quartz is precisely the thickness/thinness.

If the rest is visually ok I´d love to have a thin, gen-looking, non-ticking quartz, specially as some rep-quartz without moving parts give a nice,

quality and hefty feeling to the rep (unlike some rattling rotors, loud ticking etc...from automatics).

Hope somebody is going to buy this soon to make a nice review with some quality pics and statements.

Kleen™

Oh yes!

_DC_

Not wishing to piss on my own chips too much but having looked close, date window is in wrong place, word "automatic" missing under the logo (ok I know it's not auto but it is a rep so a little lie is ok for accuracy purposes) and the hands are too fat!

Other than that, it's got the correct micro-tappiserie dial which is a nice touch. Overall it's better than the crappy auto version that was kicking around a while back!

I'm gonna have to get one, not until pay day though!!

DC

_DC_
Just hope the 11mm thickness is a typo because the gen is 8,1mm and the justification for it being a quartz is precisely the thickness/thinness.

If the rest is visually ok I´d love to have a thin, gen-looking, non-ticking quartz, specially as some rep-quartz without moving parts give a nice,

quality and hefty feeling to the rep (unlike some rattling rotors, loud ticking etc...from automatics).

Hope somebody is going to buy this soon to make a nice review with some quality pics and statements.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were a typo, Toro seem to get their thicknesses all over the shop...

They say this is 11mm

061CDBB2-B383-472B-8CD4-E83DFFCD7269_zpsesmgukzi.jpg

And they say this is only 9mm

B134D0AA-EB75-4D19-BBE9-E54668C6B8D7_zpsgzbdeols.jpg

A blind man in a dark room could see that's wrong!!!

DC

ebzen02

Isn't it supposed to have an open cb?

JohnPilot

Nice watch but high price for a quartz.

_DC_
Isn't it supposed to have an open cb?

Well yeah but it's got a quartz movement so that's not really an option!!

DC

_DC_
Nice watch but high price for a quartz.

Half of me agrees but the other half thinks I'm happy to pay it to have a 15202 rep, and if I'm happy to pay it then it is worth it since that's the definition of a products worth, what someone is willing to pay :P

DC

Dr. Jimmy

I've always wondered why no one made a quartz 15202 rep. Now they have and have cocked up the dial by leaving out "automatic". It's like the quartz 3714 rep which says "Quartz" on the dial instead of Automatic. How thick are these makers? You're making a bloody fake watch, the whole thing is a deception, but compromise the accuracy by being honest about the movement?

I'd buy one in a heartbeat if it was well done. But I suspect these, with the wrong dial, hands and date window placement won't move too quickly at this price.

Testomatic
I've always wondered why no one made a quartz 15202 rep. Now they have and have cocked up the dial by leaving out "automatic". It's like the quartz 3714 rep which says "Quartz" on the dial instead of Automatic. How thick are these makers? You're making a bloody fake watch, the whole thing is a deception, but compromise the accuracy by being honest about the movement?

I'd buy one in a heartbeat if it was well done. But I suspect these, with the wrong dial, hands and date window placement won't move too quickly at this price.

Thanks God they didn t label it as "made in china"

Barth

Thing that bothers me is

this seems to have a shiney dial, like the 15400, while the 15202 dial is matte :

153933464.aTtGjq9d.jpg

_DC_
Thing that bothers me is

this seems to have a shiney dial, like the 15400, while the 15202 dial is matte :

153933464.aTtGjq9d.jpg

Looks kinda shiny to me?!?

Well come pay day I'll order one and we can all find out :thumbsup:

DC