Kwt

My New AP Jumbo 15202 - a few pics!

Kwt

Hi all,

Thought I show you some pictures of my latest watch - the AP Jumbo 15202.

There are a lot more knowledgeable people on AP's then myself on this forum so I will just show you guys a quick few pics and just my general thoughts on the watch.

- got it from Sead (TD) - over at RWI - can't fault his service. This is my 3rd watch from him. Good comms and quick-ish delivery.

- apart from the closed case back (the gen has open) to hid the lack of movement (this is quartz), this looks to be a good rep of the gen. Being quartz, the time keeping is just perfection. Not a minute out.

- very thin - sits nice on the wrist. As per the gen.

- wears bigger then the 39mm suggest.

- lovely blue tapestry dial which looks different depending on lighting conditions.

- build quality is superb. I don't know the factory but the finishing is spot on. It positively blows away the previous AP 15300 I had (running 2824) in terms of comfort, bracelet quality (a joy to adjust, screws that just come out easily), MUCH IMPROVED clasp which won't spring open accidently on you like the 15300 I had, and all round REPNESS.

Other then the glare from time to time on the glass, I love this watch and can see it being a keeper! Sometimes you get lucky and get a good rep from the factory and this is definitely one of them.

Enjoy the pictures.

20160120_110811_zpsp6aln24d.jpg

20160120_105645_zpsfxz2ahjf.jpg

20160120_105801_zpsfk55i6vx.jpg

20160120_110803_zpsib5cajge.jpg

20160120_110757_zpsg6p4awaw.jpg

20160120_105726_zpsiq4hqxd5.jpg

20160120_105711_zpshb55knud.jpg

20160120_105705_zpsaixymnd5.jpg

20160120_105653_zpsoheoruwo.jpg

20160120_105645_zpsfxz2ahjf.jpg

IMG-20160119-WA0041_zpsukvmbs4o.jpeg

baxter

yep its a lovely watch i got one from Toro .... really nice quality and @ 39mm it wears much better than its 41mm counterpart imo.

I'm waiting for JF/TF to release a top end 15300

Kwt

yep its a lovely watch i got one from Toro .... really nice quality and @ 39mm it wears much better than its 41mm counterpart imo.

Agree Baxter! I think it should be priced a bit cheaper being a quartz model but the build quality makes up for it. Are JF/TF going to do so you think? As I think the 15300 is begging for a really decent rep and would have thought it would have been done so by now.

Edited by Kwt

jmshen

Agree Baxter! I think it should be priced a bit cheaper being a quartz model but the build quality makes up for it. Are JF/TF going to do so you think? As I think the 15300 is begging for a really decent rep and would have thought it would have been done so by now.

Nice pics and thanks for the minireview. I'm with you on the quartz price. There seems to be an increase in the number of higher priced quartz models ~$250. Off the top of my head I know there's the 15202, the Reverso Tribute, and a couple of chronos (Aquaracer) that are all commanding a much higher price tag than what I'm used to paying for quartz. I don't love it although I understand that the price is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. I'm glad to hear that the quality of the build is at least solid.

baxter

Nice pics and thanks for the minireview. I'm with you on the quartz price. There seems to be an increase in the number of higher priced quartz models ~$250. Off the top of my head I know there's the 15202, the Reverso Tribute, and a couple of chronos (Aquaracer) that are all commanding a much higher price tag than what I'm used to paying for quartz. I don't love it although I understand that the price is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. I'm glad to hear that the quality of the build is at least solid.

well i would never buy a quartz rep usually but i have this and the JLC and as neither of them have a second hand [ indeed the gen jlc is a quartz ] then it makes no difference

@ kwt .... seeing as jf just bought out some 37mm RO's then i am hopeful that they will do the 15300 ..... i think there will be a fair bit of excitement around that particular release

Kwt

Cheers! - and yeah the Reverso Tribute is a lovely piece. Don't see many people on here with JLC reps.

Fat Bruno

Is it super slim version?

_DC_
Is it super slim version?

Yep 8mm

Mine says hello...

FBB4D4ED-F884-48C5-9B7A-088681BCC126_zpslhna7ium.jpg

DC

Fat Bruno

I'll buy it. I really like it. Is it normal

That the caseback is closed?

_DC_

well i would never buy a quartz rep usually but i have this and the JLC and as neither of them have a second hand [ indeed the gen jlc is a quartz ] then it makes no difference

@ kwt .... seeing as jf just bought out some 37mm RO's then i am hopeful that they will do the 15300 ..... i think there will be a fair bit of excitement around that particular release

If JF bring out a 15300 rep that isn't stupidly thick I'll be all over that shit like a cheap suit, especially if the do a decent rose gold version on leather!!!!!!!

DC

Fat Bruno

thinking about that have realized that i would not spend 240 dollars for a quartz close back case with a wrong engraved dial...

I'll not go in that direction. i hope that some factories will produce something better soon!

adamowski

Is there any timeframe when a top end 15300 will be released or is it a waiting game? I love JF's new 15400 but I feel it may wear too big on my 7in wrist.

_DC_

Is there any timeframe when a top end 15300 will be released or is it a waiting game? I love JF's new 15400 but I feel it may wear too big on my 7in wrist.

For us smaller wristed folk there's always the 37mm 15450, I haven't got one but I'm told it wears very similar to a Nautilus in terms of case size (although the Nautilus is a lot slimmer)!!

DC

Cbrewer71

Good looking watch. Enjoy it my friend!

adamowski

For us smaller waisted folk there's always the 37mm 15450, I haven't got one but I'm told it wears very similar to a Nautilus in terms of case size (although the Nautilus is a lot slimmer)!!

DC

do you know if the 15450 from JF same quality as the 15400?

_DC_

^^ it certainly looks it in the pictures (check Toro's site, his pics are always the best)!

DC

panerai love

You just made me decide my next purchase. i'm looking for a watch that could be a daily beater and keeps perfect time. i think this is perfect. just waiting for toro to reply though. his pay thru credit card isn't working. anyway, very very nice watch. congrats on your purchase!

adamowski
You just made me decide my next purchase. i'm looking for a watch that could be a daily beater and keeps perfect time. i think this is perfect. just waiting for toro to reply though. his pay thru credit card isn't working. anyway, very very nice watch. congrats on your purchase!

May have to wait until after Chinese new year.

adamowski

For us smaller wristed folk there's always the 37mm 15450, I haven't got one but I'm told it wears very similar to a Nautilus in terms of case size (although the Nautilus is a lot slimmer)!!

DC

So I found this online and looks like if the 15450 rep is same if not close to gen then the 37mm should wear like the 40mm Rolex subs.

d395391827012268e7c6d35dd8a8c369.jpg

adamowski

Does anybody know if the Rep 15202 has the skinnier bracelet like the gen or is it same as the 15400 rep?

WatchaholicMallorca

Definitely going to be picking one of these up, was debating on going for a DJ blue stick dial but haven't heard a bad thing about this rep yet.

A

ss0502

Never been a fan of AP but after see this one.... I'm now!! :thumbsup:

peterloveslubey

What are the chances any factory will add the 'automatic' to the dial and keep the rest the same? It looks like such an incredible watch, I don't care about the case back at all.. just the front dial inaccuracy. It almost makes me want to buy it even with the flaw..its so pretty! Thanks for the pictures!

Edited by peterloveslubey

mikegemmill

Think I'll have to order my first AP. The 37mm one looks suprisingly good size wise against the Rolex too!

Kwt

What are the chances any factory will add the 'automatic' to the dial and keep the rest the same? It looks like such an incredible watch, I don't care about the case back at all.. just the front dial inaccuracy. It almost makes me want to buy it even with the flaw..its so pretty! Thanks for the pictures!

As I said before in DC's thread, just buy the watch and enjoy it for what it is. All watches have flaws man. The missing automatic isn't going to bother you once you start wearing it and love it. No one outside of people that follow Baselworld is even going to know that is the special jumbo version of the watch - they will just see an AP.