Sign in to follow this  
MDK

Seiko Bracelets

MDK

A quick question to those who know.

How are the bracelets on higher end Seiko's, i am talking around the 1k plus area, i just picked up a Presage, the fit and finish is fantastic but the bracelet feels quite light, i wouldn't say cheap, because the finish is very good and it has little or no play in it.

Just seems to be lacking something.

If i chucked a chunk of cash at a Astron, MM300 or Transocean Master for example will i have the same feeling with the bracelet ?

Omega 3

Yes i think rather so,just bought the latest version mm300 & replaced the decent but underwelming bracelet with a crafter blue rubber strap. Big difference in weight,fitment & looks great. I have other seiko dress watches & the same thing but they are smaller lighter watches so no worries & on say a typical presage you can easylie live with the stock bracelt as they are not bad,
Cheers

Simonix

My friend has a gen mm300. Both he and I bought the bracelet left a lot to be desired. 

he went on to buy a miltat he as bracelet by strapcode. Much better quality than gen. 

I actually went and bought the same bracelet for my rep mm300 I built recently. 

Theduke.williams

Not had the pleasure of owning a top (ish) end Seiko, anything over £1k I tend to try for swiss automatics.

I must say that I find the bracelets on their low to mid range watches to feel quite flimsy.

The sort of Seikos I'm talking about tend to be lighter watches anyway, so maybe this doesn't matter so much.

Also I'm not a great fan of folded end links - I can see why Seiko do this, it allows the bracelets to be fitted to a number of slightly different body styles, but it makes the bracelets feel cheap to me. SEL's every time.

It's nice to know that the higher end Seiko watches suffer a similar fate - If I'm on the prowl for one, my decision will definately be swayed by what boots it's wearing.