Truecolours

Cartier Santos 100 strap

Truecolours

Hi all I'm looking to purchase a cartier santos 100 for my first rep but reading quite a few reviews and posts that the leather straps aren't up to scratch , has anyone got the two tone face silver and gold with the brown strap or can tell me how there strap is?

Many thanks

auto_xer

The rep strap sucks. I got a custom strap made but it broke at the replica lugs. I should've gone gen and did. You can find genuine alligator strap for about $200. And gen Cartier strap for about $300 to $350.

Phanphy

the rep santos strap is very uncomfortable, very difficult to adjust and smells weird. My strap broke within about a year of minimal use

auto_xer

Just bought the gen strap. Lines up perfectly on the watch. Easy swap. If the screw gets stuck, use a wooden toothpick to poke it out frm the other side. Gen strap is the way to go.

mrchan

Any links for a gen strap?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twinturbo

Did u all mean u all were able to purchase a gen strap from Cartier?!! Don't think they are selling at all right?

Or did u all mean gen strap as in a "gen leather strap"?

Pardon me my ignorance, am a newbie. Heh.

MDavid

Genuine straps are available from the U.S. Cartier Service Center but they are in excess of $400. I found using local authorized Cartier Dealers they will give you a break on price, I bought mine for $325.  I read in another post that a member had a crocodile made by Ziczac Leather for $59.00. Hope this helps.

BadApple

I think you will find that the original poster has long gone. Can I ask why you have gone back to a topic started in 2014?? 

George007

Watch straps on ebay are known of poor quality. I wo't recommended.  (sure, it depend on the price as well) If looking for low price straps go to ebay. If looking for preminium quality replacement leather strap, I would recommend search on Google for custom handmade strap for certain brand.  Some website like  everest abpconcept  drwatchstrap  etc

Jacksongo

You can find straps that fit on ebay brother, I have bought these for my santos 100xl chrono and they fit perfectly

https://www.ebay.com/itm/312803397291?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=nMMQitMJSj2&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=a4NyVZuDQc2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

BadApple
5 hours ago, Jacksongo said:

You can find straps that fit on ebay brother, I have bought these for my santos 100xl chrono and they fit perfectly

https://www.ebay.com/itm/312803397291?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=nMMQitMJSj2&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=a4NyVZuDQc2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

HohaUt.jpeg