Sign in to follow this  
FlyingSpur

watchescad.ru

FlyingSpur

OK.. I'm a newbie... I was surfing again looking at watches. I came across this site and started looking at the Rolexes or Breitlings, can't remember. I'm saying to myself... these look damn good... damn good. Being a newbie I'm checking out everything to see if I can find flaws based on what I've read here. Then I see the watermark... GEMNATION. The pictures are from Gemnation which sells real watches.

Ok, I play along... I send them an email saying the watches look exceptional but they should as they are from Gemnation and are real. How about a picture of your watches?

They email me back in asian broken english... "our watches are the same, make offer."

I didn't ....

lukeas123456

OK.. I'm a newbie... I was surfing again looking at watches. I came across this site and started looking at the Rolexes or Breitlings, can't remember. I'm saying to myself... these look damn good... damn good. Being a newbie I'm checking out everything to see if I can find flaws based on what I've read here. Then I see the watermark... GEMNATION. The pictures are from Gemnation which sells real watches.

Ok, I play along... I send them an email saying the watches look exceptional but they should as they are from Gemnation and are real. How about a picture of your watches?

They email me back in asian broken english... "our watches are the same, make offer."

I didn't ....

Just stick with TD's

oh-for-fuck-sake-not-this-shit-again.jpg

Jibuti

stay away, buy ONLY from trusted dealers!

.....and do not waste your time, mate....

greg_r

I hope you used a disposable email address - expect it to be collecting lots of spam and malware very very shortly.

RUSH2112

This is the second time this member has posted something like this that I know of? Why are you doing this? You've been given the keys when you joined the site. That's not good enough?

Dorian84

why do you even bother writting to scammers?????

elp

This is the second time this member has posted something like this that I know of? Why are you doing this? You've been given the keys when you joined the site. That's not good enough?

Indeed.

You'll find 100s of similar scamming sites if you search ..... not really worth spending time to prove their inconsistencies.

FlyingSpur

Actually I was surfing for pictures of the real watches... but google gives you everything ...

RepGuy

This seems like a creative way to ask "is this scam site legit to buy from", which you have already done with a Craigslist scammer. To be blunt, if you are that interested in taking your chances on an unknown seller, then knock yourself out. If you continue to ask if these scam sites are legit, you will continue to get the same answer.

Wriggles

This seems like a creative way to ask "is this scam site legit to buy from", which you have already done with a Craigslist scammer. To be blunt, if you are that interested in taking your chances on an unknown seller, then knock yourself out. If you continue to ask if these scam sites are legit, you will continue to get the same answer.

Not to mention a) annoy people and b) flag yourself as suspicious

trailboss99

Did anything good ever come from a .ru URL?

lukeas123456

This quote is the reason I love RWG!

FlyingSpur

Well, I just brought from BK on this site... and I have no intention of buying from any site I post in the scam forum... it was done purely for comment. But since it annoys others I will not post another.

Wriggles

Nobodies annoyed, we're just trying to explain how this can look. New member joins, posts a couple of threads asking about x or y site which are obvious scams. For what purpose? We get a number of shills doing this, we also get new members doing it who are genuinely thinking of buying from there. It's difficult to think why would someone be doing this other than out of stupidity in thinking they can be trusted or nefariously promoting them.

It's good to know your neither of the above, but you also have to realise there can be a lot of these threads and they are posted by those types of people and it can get old and annoying to longer term members.

Don't take things too personally around here, you won't get malice unless you go looking for it or deserve it.

BadPickle

Sausages

RepGuy
Sausages

Are you going senile old man?

Tits McGee

Well, I just brought from BK on this site... and I have no intention of buying from any site I post in the scam forum... it was done purely for comment. But since it annoys others I will not post another.

No, please don't stop asking these type of questions. Our bloodsport is contingent on these types of questions. We love beating on noobs who don't take the time to read from the Noob section:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=7456

Or the Trusted Dealers section:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=60

Those 2 sections are only posted all over our home page in LARGE FONT

FlyingSpur

I read from both those sections.... 'tis why I bought from BK... I have two other watches planned but the TD is out until after the CNY... website has only place holder page...

RUSH2112

I'm not annoyed but it seems a bit disrespectful to the existing TDs and those that did all of the hard work vetting and establishing the TDs for the members.

brang1

I didn't ....

Just stick with TD's

oh-for-fuck-sake-not-this-shit-again.jpg

:lmao:

FlyingSpur

No disrespect intended.

fatarms

No offense, guys, but what did the OP do wrong? Just my two cents.

He posted this topic in scams.

He has obviously read some stuff here, and has ordered from two different TD's so far.

He noticed that the scam site was using gen pics, decided to start a thread about it. Of course people who've been here for a bit know that scam sites do this, but for someone who's only been here 3 weeks to notice things like that and point it out is ahead of the curve in my opinion.

This serves as informative to noobs rather than pointing them to the scam site, as stated, he posted it in scams and pointed out that they're using gen pics to sell reps.

I dunno, I know we love a good noob bashing here, but let's make sure they deserve it before. Now, someone bash me for a while :D

RUSH2112

I haven't seen any bashing.

Wriggles

I think maybe Steve at Theonewatches may be offended by that TB :lol: