Sign in to follow this  
edwinowl

Gen Heuer 74 Silverstone

edwinowl

Finally got this beauty finished after a long haul.

Managed to pick this up from an upstanding member ( you know who you are) and take it on to the next level after she had been stored in a drawer for over 40 years.

Heuer Silverstone burgundy calibre 12 with a one owner provenance.

Fully serviced now and gen second hand found after a long search and considerable ££ as parts for these are rare. I have left the hands and glass original, they are well worn but i think it's important

I had the leather strap handmade in Italy which I'm sure you agree compliments this rare bird.

A gen Heuer buckle is all that's left to invest in but she's a keeper.

As some of you know these were re issued 2010 I think but not the burgundy.

Anyhow. Few pics.

ACpqnx.jpg

DGmOcq.jpg

WQEP7L.jpg

gv7Tjf.jpg

wKAo2d.jpg

LightGeek

I like the dial color...

griffon22

Super watch ,someone has a NOS (same model/colour) on Ebay for £13.200. with an increasingly large crowd of followers .

MetalMickey

That is simply brilliant!

edwinowl

m lucky enough to get my mitts on another Silverstone.. this time the beautiful Bordeaux, or ‘Red’. It’s interesting that the three Silverstones have different finishes to the dials. The Fume has the sunburst dial, the Blue is lightly brushed and metallic, and the Red, seen here is a flat colour. This may seem ‘plain’ compared to the slightly more exotic finishes of it’s brothers, but the finish of the red dial is sublime. The gloss bordeaux, is wonderful. It has a simple an alluring quality that reflect the ambient light in a wonderful manor.. sometimes it appear almost blue,well, more bluey-purple. Other times it is full red, then almost black.

This is a quote from heuerville. To be fair the dial does take on differing colours depending on light.

BadPickle

That's a stunner mate :thumbsup:

griffon22

here are a couple I took , wears bigger than its actual size suggests, and the Cal 12 movement is a work of art , I believe it was Heuer who made the first ever chronograph Automatic , yes its an automatic, the micro rotor is hidden in there between the layers . you have to see it in the flesh to get just how wonderful the red dial is .

DSC_3055_zpsotnifq27.jpg

DSC_3062_zpsxrojmbdo.jpg

Z Done_zpskgqyr438.jpg

edwinowl

Thanks graham. Fully serviced now. They are a work of art indeed.

Foxindebox

That really is a lovely piece. :clap:

rusty peters

Micro rotor hidden between the layers? You certainly have my attention!

griffon22

yes, its a fairly complex movement, it was used also by Breitling, hamilton etc. the rotor is silky smooth and keeps the watch well topped up with the minimum of effort. here is a Cal 11 , same movement apart from some very minor differences.

Hamilton-Chrono-Matic-Caliber-11-Chronograph-Movement-Exploded-View_zpsnt0cnozw.jpg

MAJ75

What a superb timepiece, you have really fine taste Andy.

I wasn't aware of this colourway before, the strap was chosen perfectly in terms of shade& replicating period correctness.....

Enjoy it in the finest of health mate & I look forward to more of your projects..................

Bash64

Beautiful watch! And these are a very nice size (42mm i think) for a vintage piece. Definitely a keeper.