Sign in to follow this  
Hinclimincli

ETA 2836-2, Gen or Asian Clone?

Hinclimincli

Hi fellas!

I know it's been debated to death but I have been googling all around and it seems I have a gen ETA on my Railmaster. However, I want to run it past you guys as I'm sure you have done that comparison several times and some of you can spot the differences in a matter of seconds.

So far it looks like it's got everything it should, including the good incabloc and correct markings.

Some photos below:

IMG_20170412_082611_zpspvspqjsd.jpg

IMG_20170412_082520_zpstjzpegs1.jpg

IMG_20170412_082456_zpszlfhpsfj.jpg

DSC_0010_zpsceq9gf9d.jpg

DSC_0011_zps5tzqesxn.jpg

Apologies for the low quality of the photos, my mobile camera is quite good but for some reason doesn't have any macro option.

Thanks so much everyone!

markeym3

Hi, I have a feeling I read recently that a "tell" is the retaining clip that holds the jewel in place for the balance wheel , something to do with the cut outs ,, I will see if I can find the thread..

Here it is

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=129641

Hinclimincli

That's one of the articles/posts I've read, yep. Some others mention that jewel as one of the tells. I forgot to add a photo of the barrel but in this case is polished, not brushed, which is supposed to be ok.

Anyway, this one has a novodiac instead of incabloc, which seems to be a tell of an Asian. I was wondering because the watch is from 2009 and has never presented any problems or anomalies.

Edited by m0rf0