Sign in to follow this  
Joewatch2112

Help! I'm also not a watch smith. Service needed for JF Daytona

Joewatch2112

Hello , For a friend I recently purchased a JF-2016 Rolex Daytona item ROLDYTO162B on Trusty's site. It's suppose to be the improved 29j version with the running seconds at the 6 position. It was delivered last Thursday, the time keeping was excellent and the chronograph functioned perfectly! I enjoyed the watch the entire day and night, no problem. I shipped it out Friday and she received it Monday, still keeping excellent time. Until this morning she found it not running. She is absolutely in love with this Daytona! If there's any trusted watch smith out there that can help (service this type ), please let me know. It's now in Fl. but is willing to ship to service. For the people in the "know" is this an issue with this movement?

Edited by Joewatch2112

Joewatch2112

Thank you! I don't know how I missed that. I thought there was only a UK watch smith here. I'll pass the information, once again thank you!

GenTLe

I doubt anyone would like to put his hands on a sec at 6 modified 7750.

Can't it be just a case of guy not moving enough and therefore power reserve finished? Has he tried to hand wind it?

Joewatch2112

Yes she tried winding the watch. The watch was running fine for at least 2 weeks prior to her receiving the watch and then for the 3 days she had it till this morning. I noticed the second hand slightly stutter once but didn't think much of it. She is going to ask if watchsmith at least take a look.