Sign in to follow this  
ShovelnTC

A 2836 Movement screw size?

ShovelnTC

So guys I posted some time ago that when admiring my rarely worn V7 Sub I noticed that the dial wasn't sitting flush so took the caseback off to see what was going on and found a broken movement screw.

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...3

So I removed the broken bits and ordered some new screws.

Well after waiting two weeks for the screws to arrive I find that the new ones are bigger than the ones that were fitted. (see pic showing broken screw and new screw)

I ordered them for a 2836 so have I received the wrong ones or are the A2836 different from the ETA versions?

I think I'm going to give the tinkering away as I just can't see well enough even with magnification and I just don't have the patience for stuff like this so I may again be selling a cheap Sub for screw replacement but before I give up please let me know if I have the wrong screw due to incorrect order by me or delivery by the supplier.

Cheers, Mark.

BFr9rAL.jpg

NCRich

Those things are standard sizes. I just order movement screws and tabs off Helenarou. Same size on ETA, 2813, ST19 that I've worked on. But I've never messed with a v7.

ShovelnTC

Yeah that's what I thought, the seller indicated these were good for a swag of movements the 2824 & 2836 included but after spending 10 minutes trying to get the screw started I looked at them side by side but the new one appears to be wider.

I'll try to get my vernier on them but I think it will be tough.

ShovelnTC

Just measured them, the old one is 0.96 mm, the new one is 1.15 mm.

Most of the sellers specify the 2836 screws as 1.0 mm.

Damn, I'll email the seller and see what they've got to say for themself.

The packet they came in had NO label of any kind.

JSJ

Are we talking about the movement retention screws? That's what they look like in the picture.

EDIT: and did you find the head that broke off? That would be well worth looking for.

OK now I saw the original thread, this is clear. Well done for removing the original screw.

ShovelnTC

So the seller has agreed to send some more screws, this time the 1.0mm so another two weeks and I'll find out for sure if it's the 1.0mm that fit the 2836.

Fingers crossed.

nickpeh

mine movt also got a sheared head screw off the bridge, haven't remove yet. I measured the screw 0.75mm diameter, so this is m0.75? btw how u get the broken bits off?

ShovelnTC

mine movt also got a sheared head screw off the bridge, haven't remove yet. I measured the screw 0.75mm diameter, so this is m0.75? btw how u get the broken bits off?

Mate when any machine type screw or bolt head breaks off the tension is then gone so if you are lucky enough to have a clean properly sized screw the remains will be "loose" in the nut or case in this situation.

So using a loupe I used my finest tweezers tip to "push and pull" from one side of the remaining screw shaft thus gradualy turning the piece out.

Once it was out far enough to get the tweezers on I then just used the tweezers to screw it out the rest of the way.

0.75 sound small but I measured mine across the threads at 0.98 or thereabouts so told the supplier and they sent some 1.0mm which I measured at around 0.98mm and they fitted.

ShovelnTC

So I received the second lot of screws today which were the 1.0mm as promised by the supplier and they fitted right in so I finally have the watch back in circulation.

Yay!

KkzVlgf.jpg

GenTLe

Bravo! :)

Nikosaldente

Well done Mark!