Sign in to follow this  
Simonon

Hello everyone

Simonon

New member here from the U.K.

Been having a good read of this forum and I must say there seems to be an incredible amount of knowledge available.

Great forum people.

simon1234

Welcome!

Davesjourney

Hey there Simonon, also from the UK here...oop North

Joined last Oct and main advice is two fold, well...three

1 - Read. Then read some more. Then research and more reading. Just about everything you might ask has already been asked on here and responded to by folk with vast amounts of knowledge. There are some incredibly helpful and clever people on here.

2 - Have fun. It's not exactly monster serious around here with a fair old amount of piss taking - and if you can get to either the Glasgow or Yorkshire get togethers - do so. You'll meet some great folk and see some incredible time pieces. Don't be an arse and you'll do just fine!

3 - prepare to say goodbye to your bank balance and the contents of your wallet...!!!

Simonon
Hey there Simonon, also from the UK here...oop North

Joined last Oct and main advice is two fold, well...three

1 - Read. Then read some more. Then research and more reading. Just about everything you might ask has already been asked on here and responded to by folk with vast amounts of knowledge. There are some incredibly helpful and clever people on here.

2 - Have fun. It's not exactly monster serious around here with a fair old amount of piss taking - and if you can get to either the Glasgow or Yorkshire get togethers - do so. You'll meet some great folk and see some incredible time pieces. Don't be an arse and you'll do just fine!

3 - prepare to say goodbye to your bank balance and the contents of your wallet...!!!

Thanks for the welcome and the advice Dave, much appreciated.

I'm actually from oop North myself so I might make one of the get togethers in the future.

iabounty

Hello and welcome to RWG. :)