Sign in to follow this  
DannyBoy818

Just Ordered a Mini Fiddy from Jackson....

DannyBoy818

Well since Getat is on the Probation Dealer list. I decided to buy a mini fiddy from Jackson instead. I was wondering if you guys have any opinions on Jackson? Either or its a little too late cuz I already paid for it. Hehe.

craftech

You will not be dissappointed

Hazz

only change you may want to make is the strap, I ordered a few weeks back, watch arrived with the wrong color hands, he had no hesitation in either changing it over, or sending

out the correct ones. His customer service is good.

JohnPilot

Since I joined this forum I have ordered more than a dozen times at Jackson. He never disappointed me.

There was no shipping lost, everything came by KingKongPostal slowly but it came.

His items are good quality. Prices are among the best.

If an item was forgotten. I my case two lug bars and a second crown, he sends them immediatly.

So ....

Quality and reliability A+++

Edited by JohnPilot

Higs

What did you go for?

How much customisation can you get with Jackson? I've looked into getting one from Getat and liked the ability to pick things like lume colour.

And pics when it arrives, obviously.

DannyBoy818

I went for the m122 the pvd minifiddy. No custom work on it. I liked the way it is already. Plus it was an impulse buy. For 85 bucks i don't think i can go wrong. I just hate waiting. I emailed him about express shipping. Of course the strap will be changed. But other then that just ordered it the way it was from the site...does he respond back fairly fast?

DannyBoy818

Expected wait time from purchase to home?

Higs

Expected wait time from purchase to home?

In part it depends where 'home' is but my experience with watch and bicycle stuff from China is...

• 'normal' AirMail = a month
  • expedited shipping = 7-10 days

These are averages and I've had stuff unusually quick and unusually slow by both types of service.

Also... speed of delivery is inversely proportional to desire.

DannyBoy818

Home is here in the USA..man a month? Then ill have to get express shipping then. Now just have to wait on Jackson to respond back to my email. I hope he does asap

<RJ>

My pam homage from jackson arrived with blobs on the dial and caseback oring partially on the outside, After some debating whether the blobs were actually the paint itself or just some dust he sent me a new dial. And on top of it all it was in the midst of cny.. Well, shame on the quitters!

It was one of my first reps so i was scratching my head for quite sometime before i got into the watch modification genre, Was a tad complicated at first to remove hands and stuff after only replacing batteries before, I was also disappointed with my first "superlume" experience so i learned doin some of that whilst at it. I made a mess out of the lots and It all ended up like this, Creativeness at its best :giggle: :

pamimrker2.jpg

Before.

IMAG0192.jpg

Btw, Do he still ship in padded envelopes or have he evolved into shipping in styrofoam boxes?

DannyBoy818

Sorry about yourexperience. Im glad he replaced you a dial. I hope mine comes the way it was shown in the pics on his site. From what i her so fr he is an outstanding guy. I can't wait

<RJ>
:D pics on arrival ;)

DannyBoy818

Paid for express shipping...now its just a waiting game. Everyone here knows that game really well! hehe

DannyBoy818

Tick tock tick tock

Higs

Have you emailed him asking if it's posted yet?

How many times?

DeLaForce

Btw Jackson is great, but only posts twice a month... So depending on when you ordered... But you will be happy :)

JohnPilot

Btw Jackson is great, but only posts twice a month... So depending on when you ordered... But you will be happy :)

Hi Mik,

I send you2 PMs, still waiting for an reply.

Cheers

DannyBoy818

Jackson said he will send out my watch before Jan 13th. So worst comes to worst it leaves on the 13th. And express shipping it should be here by the end of the month.

<RJ>

When is cny?

A3n0n1m0z

Hey all - I've recently heard that the stainless Fiddy 1:1 is no longer available. Does anyone have any info on finding one? Anyone buy one this year? Thanks...

mellons

Jackson service is great and the are aftermarket options also for casebacks etc

A3n0n1m0z

I've had great communication from Jackson - seems like a great option...

mike70sk

I got 44mm fiddy from him and was very happy with it. Its one of my favorite watches i own,, if not the favorite. It has orange numbers. originally it came with tan leather strap. I asked to for a black one, and he had no problems changing it for me. I would recommend him! mine came with a hand winding movement (which i like) and it was only 100usd. Hope to buy more from him. I also think his prices are among the best.

vaquerito

Hi all, noob here, I'm wondering if these sites are all still the same as before. I see lots of good things about Jackson here but sites like Pure Time have gone off the grid because they've been seized. Is there a place where sites that go down are tracked?

sevenfornone

Google the name of the TD will give you the most up to date link.

I ordered a 44mm 1:1 from Jackson, his customer service is great usually responding to questions within hours. But as expected the wait time is long.