Sign in to follow this  
Genius

My Collection - How the Fuck did I get away with buying so many watches!

Genius

Been meaning to do this for a while but keep adding more watches and occasionally selling a few...

Right now I think I have far too many watches so thought taking some photos of the full collection would help me assess where I am and allow me to pick some to sell but as it stands it just showed me how much I like all of them FFS it looks for now like this is only getting bigger more out of hand.

So here is where i stand the moment

The gen Omegas

vUha30L.jpg

This collection is quite special as (right to left) starting with the Seamaster cicra 1950s that was my late grandads watch, then the deville was my dads that he was bought for his 21st birthday both of which were passed to me when I was 30 so I felt I had to add my own Omega into the mix hence the Speedy

The gen Tudors

ZymqAGw.jpg

The 2 most recent additions to my collection both purchased last month... I never intended to buy 2 Tudor chronos but had been after a prince chono for a while then found a great deal on one that was primed for modding, whilst I was putting together the parts to get the prince where it is now I found a great deal on the Heritage and ended up with both. Not really sure I intended to keep both but they are so different and great in their own ways

The other Swiss gens

b7TnK4n.jpg

Aquaracer Quarts I've had over 10 years now and was my first "expensive" watch, the Oris Williams F1 came from m2m here, I just happened upon it after I had been trawling ebay for a similar model so it was meant to be, and the Steinhart I kept seeing pop up in the wrist check threads and eventually could not ignore it so had to order one.

The Franken Rolex

3B1MzQQ.jpg

Had quite a few Rolex models pass through my hands whilst I have been a member here including multiples of some models but right now I have settled on these 2 models. The sub is a TC V6 very slightly frankened with a gen bezel insert. The datejust was originally a pretty shoddy Mymanmat build that had his telltale dirty dial and hands, it was lovingly reworked by ROLIE so that it now shows off the gen Rolex parts properly!

The Pams

9psf78k.jpg

The PVD homage I built myself after being inspired by a givaway last RWG birthday thanks to a lot of help and advice from the board. The middle is a Noob 299O which I modded with a brushed bezel and dassari gen python strap. And last but not least is a KW 312 on a wonderful Nero strap

The Bell & Ross BR02s

YJqEWF9.jpg

Not much I can say about these that hasn't already been said. Proper super rep quality and both picked up at bargain prices when Señor Bravo had them on special. Personally I think I got the best 2 and a complete collection having both numbered and pro dials brushed and PVD rubber and leather steel and gold...

Some High-End Reps

kVlH5yS.jpg

A couple of stupidly high quality replicas you probably all know both models the black bay is a v1.5 I think basically a super rep and the AP is just incredible build quality for a rep and I had it upgraded with a seagull movement so its as good on the inside as on the outside

Bloody brilliant bang for buck reps!

aQUm4jn.jpg

The Steelfish is the one Toro had on special forever for a pittance super solid watch would be a super rep if it had the correct second hand stuck it on a blue shark skin strap which really completes the look of me. The hammy ventura is the famous Aliexpress one, fuck knows what i paid but it was cheap and its fucking amazing proper super rep, its on a rather lovely one off custom leather strap hand made for me by Phizzy

Quality 21J reps

tFQdqY5.jpg

Yep some reps with cheaper movements are still awesome! Chopard GTXL GMT wants to be 2813 for the reliable GMT complication hands relumed by ROLIE custom super soft phizzy strap. The UM is the toro special with a 21j seagull movement great watch for fuck all dough. The nautilus is originally from reg and has a stunning dial and I believe the correct hands? Either way great watch for very little money.

The Seikos

F8zi7Lg.jpg

My collection is less seiko heavy than it probably should be but this is where I stand, actually only 2 seikos and really only one unmolested. So I have the Doxa sub homage or soxa based on a 007. The 1970's or 80's DX auto (my first auto gen watch picked up off ebay some years ago) its a bit old and tired but still retro cool looks make me keep it. And the Gerlach limited edition bronzo froggy diver I know its not a Seiko but I've grouped wit with the seikos due to the seiko movement.

The Quartz Cheapies

ovKT0I7.jpg

GKEL4UE.jpg

All picked up from either m2m or aliexpress some very nice well built watches that all cost sod all and a DW

The G shocks

gxn8Ajt.jpg

Before I got back into reps I went a bit mad on Gshocks had around 15 at one point but down to these 6 the red one is a rep but the rest are gen and I think a decent selection of the different shapes and styles.

The one I forgot

qcDOIJc.jpg

As I was taking the photos this one was sat on my desk with a broken bracelet, it has since been moved over to a wonderful horween strap from MDK and is actually on my wrist as I'm typing this!

I have not included a few others ultra cheapies or pocket watches these are the ones I actually wear on a day to day basis.

What next

I actually have another watch that I have bought that will be on the way to me soon so will need to remember to keep this updated

BM284

What a lovely collection, love the family history to start with .... And a great looking pair of Tudors :drool:

Nickfive

Awesome collection mate, thanks for sharing.

Steve AKA Creamedcage

A very nice selection of watches :D

Piccolo

Nice collection! Thanks for sharing..!

2hot2trot

I would be so proud with a collection like this.

Thanks for sharing mate!

WatchDog21

Fantastic collection. One day you have a couple of watches and next thing you know its a couple dozen :lol:

tomtom1988

Awesome collection! Franken dj is my fav!

Moondustesp

Nice collection. Datejust has to be my favourite aswell :)

pthurst

Thanks very much for sharing... Love the Omegas in particular

P

mr.tourette

Super collection and something to aspire too...thanks for sharing

Philph23

Wow! High I'm new on here my name is Phil, I'm from UK. I have joined to gain

Some knowledge on Replicas, mainly Rolex hopefully to soon purchase a TC Sub C V7 LV, maybe the extreme model. Can anybody guide me through the channels on how to purchase one. Anyway, great collection there. I thought I was abit OCD with my other hobby of straight razors(cut throat) of having about 15.

Edited by Philph23

Kmazn19

Bravo! Very impressive, proper salute the Tudors!

CedricWX

Love your collection!

Bncrpt

Good assortment mate love seeing this!

And love seeing a fellow g shock freak lol

MAJ75

Very diverse collection, put together with real love.

Lots of highlights, but for me the Gen Omegas, Tudors & Franken Rolies stand out.

Great job on the pics & narrative too......

dalboy

Clearly "J " a man of impeccable taste ...

Just like me .. :giggle: ... Great collection mate ... i reserve judgement on the G shocks though ... they don't do it for me ..

Dal.

Genius

Thanks for the comments guys, I know a lot of these won't be to everyone's tastes but unfortunately I like all of them

phoenix3026

Beautiful collection,obviously the taste in a good watch was passed down through the generations too.

Thanks for sharing.

Daywatch

Excellent, well mixed up and varied collection. The Omegas are great, those 2 Tudors are awesome, lovely, fantastic!

Each G-Shock shows a different time, lol :)

The reading and viewing the pics to go with it was interesting and amusing. Thanks for sharing Your collection and how

it came to be. Great post!

splke

love the heirloom Omegas pal

MOT

NCRich

Very nice. Except the Gshocks. Eh, even them are ok.

gavmeister

Awesome collection and thanks for sharing...first time I've had a proper look at the Bell and Ross.

Flipper81

That's quite the collection, I assume it's on a rotation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenjaminButton

Not enough. Buy more watches. Buy more watch boxes. Fill 'em up!

Lovely Omegas.