Sign in to follow this  
manfredzaturek

Suggestions for IWC Big Pilot replacement strap?

manfredzaturek

Hi

I've bought an IWC BP TG from Andrew. The watch is great, but the nylon strap is pretty low quality and quite ugly.

Anyone have any ideas where to look for a replacement? I'd keep the buckle and the clasp and just buy the strap itself.

Thanks for you ideas

24082719042_7638fb1c3a_b.jpgIMG_1970 by Manfred Zaturek, on Flickr 11

greg_r

Go read the Trusted list. Includes our forum strapmakers as well as a bunch of web-based dealers. Most of whom could supply something suitable.

jrlmsla

I like the idea of the traditional leather nato style strap that you see on historical b-uhr watches. Such as:

779be49842950c790ea91c45544d3c02.jpg

Maybe updated as a nice clean black version would compliment your modern "vintage" Big Pilot

manfredzaturek

I like the idea of the traditional leather nato style strap that you see on historical b-uhr watches. Such as:

779be49842950c790ea91c45544d3c02.jpg

Maybe updated as a nice clean black version would compliment your modern "vintage" Big Pilot

Thanks

Go read the Trusted list. Includes our forum strapmakers as well as a bunch of web-based dealers. Most of whom could supply something suitable.

Thanks

Abe Fromen

He's not on the TD list but I just received an Orloff strap, custom made nubuck black gator with grey stitch and red eelskin on the inside for 95 euros.

I've owned straps from all the big name makers and this thing just blows them all away. HIGHLY recommended.

manfredzaturek

He's not on the TD list but I just received an Orloff strap, custom made nubuck black gator with grey stitch and red eelskin on the inside for 95 euros.

I've owned straps from all the big name makers and this thing just blows them all away. HIGHLY recommended.

Thanks, pal

FunnyStarSystem

Looks like the real deal, Abe! Those gators are amazing..........

Cleebeauregard

+1 on the Orloff if you want gator- great strap for a decent price. If you want the nylon or Kevlar look, I'd suggest checking out the ballistic straps made for IWC by Rios1931 (it's a brand, not a member, lol) on the Bay-- they also make a nice buffalo leather pilot strap for under $50. Trusted strap makers here are always a good choice-- I've got a JohnG (Nero) on my Spitfire that I'm very, very happy with.

BadPickle

I got one from strapviet, it's gen croc too,

CEE6CA70-1D78-432B-BA8D-C31E6E4B1C38_zpsje22dmb4.jpg

Clovis1

Very nice!

manfredzaturek

It's a beauty!

Very nice!