Sign in to follow this  
StevesBlues

Ap chrono,changing the bracelet....

StevesBlues

I have two AP replicas....good ones to my (failing) eyesight,however recently I decided I would like to fit an AP leather strap to one of them

so...

Found and ordered one....then the problems began

I removed one end of the bracelet at the watch and the two joining lugs come . away with it....no probs(I thought) just remove those ,reattach and on we go

Except

I cannot for the life of me work out how to remove those lugs from the end of the bracelet,theres no visible pins or screws...so how on earth was the thing made

An hour on google and an hour on here and I'm still none the wiser....does this mean I am being dumb...or does it mean I just have to buy another rep with a leather strap already fitted

Anyone got any ideas?

ta

Steve

Left Coast Guy

They don't come off bud....you need to buy a second set of ingots for the strap....

The other fun piece of the equation is that you need to make sure the inserts inside the strap are made to fit your model of watch. Most folks achieve this by send their replica strap to the strap maker, the strap maker then removes those inserts and puts them in the new strap.

APs in general are a huge pain in the ass....

StevesBlues

Blimey!....and thanks,kinda good to know that I wasn't imagining the issues!...I shall contact one of the strap guys on the forum and see what can be done

thanks again

Left Coast Guy

Blimey!....and thanks,kinda good to know that I wasn't imagining the issues!...I shall contact one of the strap guys on the forum and see what can be done

thanks again

I would maybe start by finding a set of ingots for your watch. You can snoop around the M2M boards to find some for sale, or contact a TD, or I know AP Bands sells a conversion kit for $250 if you want to get something ASAP. Once you get the ingots, you can try the new AP strap that you bought, and who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and it will fit!

If not, then you can you contact a strap maker to build a new strap.