Sign in to follow this  
Vinny25

watches that are not functioning properly

Vinny25

hello all! i have 3 watches that are not functioning properly. is there someone who can repair these at a better price than the local watch store? as these are replicas , i d hate to spend almost as much as i paid to purchase them. One is tag heuer carrera 16 calibre, the other is a AP and the other is a a.lange & sohne.

please help and thank you in advance!!

RepGuy

What is wrong with them, members may be able to help.

WatchDog21

you may want to let others know where you are located also. If you were to ship them internationally it could be less expensive to just replace them depending....

TRANSPORTER

Vinny as was said, whats the problem with them, also do you know what the movements are, could be a case of swapping them out if they are 21j

Vinny25

thanks for the replies ! the Tag heur- simpy has stopped working, chrono stopped as well.not sure of the movement but im sure is 21j.

AP also stopped working- seconds hand stuck around the 55 second mark and chrono also stopped working. not sure of movement with this watch.

Lange & sohne- works for about 15 minutes then stops. like i have to move my arm or wind it up to move for another 15 minutes and stops again. as with the previous watch, im not sure of the movement with this one.

im in orlando FL BTW. thanks to all who replied!!!

splke

the 2 chronos could well be quartz and just need batts ?

RepGuy
thanks for the replies ! the Tag heur- simpy has stopped working, chrono stopped as well.not sure of the movement but im sure is 21j.

AP also stopped working- seconds hand stuck around the 55 second mark and chrono also stopped working. not sure of movement with this watch.

Lange & sohne- works for about 15 minutes then stops. like i have to move my arm or wind it up to move for another 15 minutes and stops again. as with the previous watch, im not sure of the movement with this one.

im in orlando FL BTW. thanks to all who replied!!!

I know that the AP's use a modified A7750, which is known as a timebomb with the crono function because of the extra gear needed to make the dial spacing gen like as well as the seconds placement. It is advised not to use the crono function on these because of that. I would say that the AP sounds like it needs the gear reseated to allow it to move, but without seeing it, I can't be sure. More qualified members may have a different opinion.

WatchDog21
thanks for the replies ! the Tag heur- simpy has stopped working, chrono stopped as well.not sure of the movement but im sure is 21j. AP also stopped working- seconds hand stuck around the 55 second mark and chrono also stopped working. not sure of movement with this watch. Lange & sohne- works for about 15 minutes then stops. like i have to move my arm or wind it up to move for another 15 minutes and stops again. as with the previous watch, im not sure of the movement with this one. im in orlando FL BTW. thanks to all who replied!!!

The problems you describe are a bit vague but perhaps you can email Katt and see if he can offer any help. He is under the TD's for watch repair.

Vinny25

thanks again. i m not sure the chronos use batteries. do they ? thanks

AP , thanks ,once fixed, should i refrain from using chrono? thanks

powermax! as you just mentioned, a couple minutes prior to that i just sent him a email to touch base and see if he is still performing repairs . thanks

thanks again to all !!

RepGuy

thanks again. i m not sure the chronos use batteries. do they ? thanks

AP , thanks ,once fixed, should i refrain from using chrono? thanks

powermax! as you just mentioned, a couple minutes prior to that i just sent him a email to touch base and see if he is still performing repairs . thanks

thanks again to all !!

Yes, if the watch is mechanical, it is widely believed that you should not use the crono function on these modified A7750 movements

TRANSPORTER

The AP might just need the hands resetting, is the second hand constantly sticking in the same place? If you adjust the time does it start running again? If so the hand stack would be the first place I would look.

Vinny25

karr unfortunately said he cannot work on any of the watches. so i'm back to square one. if anyone can lead to the right direction i would highly appreciate it! thanks again!!!

Vinny25

if anyone can help with this i certainly appreciate it!

thanks

RepGuy

thanks

In that case, I would suggest finding a local watchsmith who is willing to work on reps. If you think about it, for the most part, these reps are fitted with Asian clones of popular ETA movements, so many watchsmiths would be able to repair them.

onzenuub

thanks

In that case, I would suggest finding a local watchsmith who is willing to work on reps. If you think about it, for the most part, these reps are fitted with Asian clones of popular ETA movements, so many watchsmiths would be able to repair them.

Exactly

TRANSPORTER

Did you read my post mate, also we need more info on the watches/movements so we can help you more mate, ight be really simple fixes

BadPickle

Have you tried moving the crown in a roundy-round motion? I say it works for me on a Monday, maybe you need to wait til then

Vinny25
Did you read my post mate, also we need more info on the watches/movements so we can help you more mate, ight be really simple fixes

,the tag uses 21j and the AP uses a 7750 and the glaschute is a unfamiliar movement for which I have no idea what movement it is

i'm fairly new to watches and repairing them so please forgive my lack of knowledge.

thanks gentleman.

TRANSPORTER

No worries mate, the Tag you could just swap the movement out, they only cost around £27 + P&P so not breaking the bank, reasonably easy job for a novice, or get the 21j serviced etc as said before, the AP I, ll be honest I've not had one of those yet so am not familiar with that movement so won't offer too much advice without a clear description of what's wrong.

The glasc ute, if you could post a pic y of the movement that would help us help you.

Vinny25

thanks to all who posted. i have taken one of the watches to a local jewler nearby and he can fix it. but has yet to quote me. i will keep this updated until concluded.

thanks to all.

firemedic1343

thanks to all who posted. i have taken one of the watches to a local jewler nearby and he can fix it. but has yet to quote me. i will keep this updated until concluded.

thanks to all.

Okay cool, let us know how it goes. Also, tell us where you took it, I'm in Orlando also!

TRANSPORTER

Will be interested to see what the faults were and also the charges made by the watchsmith to rectify them, keep us all informed ok

Vinny25

So i received a quote for stem (?), gasket and screw that is loose inside. He quoted me $200.00 for the repair, but he said they would replace them with GENUINE parts. Which i was kinda glad or confused at the same time. i have not proceeded with the repair as i wanted to hear from the masses what you thought about this!

note; this watch is about 4 years old and was purchased for $336.00.

thanks gentleman!!

eager to hear back.

narikaa

Laughable

Maybe set fire to his shop and smoke the thieving bastard out like a badger

or maybe not

Up 2 U

;)

Daffy

I would suggest selling them M2M. Recoup a little money and buy a new watch from one of the trusted dealers.

Once you are eligible to sell, that is.