Phantomtech

My IWC collection is finally complete thanks to Prof Steve and Jacob straps...

Phantomtech

About a year ago, when I first saw the IWC 5001 being released I jumped into the wonderful world of IWC. I knew nothing about the brand up until then and when I saw that watch (I think from the YL factory?) I was instantly hooked. I waited a bit and then ZF released their first shot. I right away bought two different variants.

Over the past year I have tried almost the whole IWC lineup from chronos to portofinos and sold off most of them because they just didn't resonate with me. I was left with just four pieces and they are the most amazing pieces. All of them have Steve's crystals, 3 have straps from Jacob and 1 has a Santoni. I can't decide if I like the black straps or brown straps better so I just switch them off now and then.

At the moment, these IWC's are my favorite watches from all my reps and they get worn the most.

Enjoy the photos!

Group shot!

5SLKXb.jpg

5007 black dial (love the black strap but also love the contrast of the brown strap!)

nAgao3.jpg

XINxiO.jpg

f5VzSn.jpg

bHhu0P.jpg

v3Kore.jpg

5007 white dial gold markers (can't decide which color strap I like better)

YtZZ1T.jpg

1eANDK.jpg

il3K6f.jpg

5ukliZ.jpg

Both together!

T0Gbk5.jpg

PgoE7H.jpg

5454 black dial on Santoni (absolutely LOVE this one and the slim profile makes this my favorite dress watch ever!)

irHfsb.jpg

AGD0OI.jpg

advUkL.jpg

WdMZ7H.jpg

gvNzGa.jpg

FNVjhL.jpg

3777 on a new Jacob strap (perfectly imitated the Santoni look and feel)

t1Io2M.jpg

ptcYWh.jpg

71Vazk.jpg

Quick peek at the rest of the collection ;)

SK1uvs.jpg

Edited by Phantomtech

R4dcu

Stunning, I really want a 5001 or 5007 - this thread is making me want it more!

Nikosaldente

Great collection!

I still haven't managed to get my first IWC!

Nickfive

awesome bro, sell me that PAM :)

Cleebeauregard

I didn't start out as a big IWC fan, but they've really grown on me now some of my favorite watches. That's one of the really interesting things about this hobby, is how our tastes evolve and mature as we try out different models.

For the Portuguese 7-Days, I'd vote to keep the black strap with the black dial and the brown (or even better, the Santoni!) on the ivory dial/gold markers. JMHO--

Phantomtech
I didn't start out as a big IWC fan, but they've really grown on me now some of my favorite watches. That's one of the really interesting things about this hobby, is how our tastes evolve and mature as we try out different models.

For the Portuguese 7-Days, I'd vote to keep the black strap with the black dial and the brown (or even better, the Santoni!) on the ivory dial/gold markers. JMHO--

Thanks! The only issue with the Santoni is that it has straight springbars while the 5007 has curved so it won't fit...

Its true about tastes evolving, I'm embarrassed to even look at photos of the watches I owned a year or two ago. I used to really like the big and bulky watches and the more gold the better, my taste has evolved to simpler classier pieces with many that can fly under the radar...

Kaiser

Excellent collection! :thumbsup:

linos

Great taste in watches

FunnyStarSystem

:drool:

But you still need a Spitfire Chrono....

gavmeister

My favourite IW is the Big Pilot, didn't want it from the pictures, but my TD insisted I'd love it....she was 100% right. Your collection is terrific and much in line with my taste in watches. Thanks for sharing.

Stewart

Wonderful collection. I am waiting on a 5001-06 on its way now and I think the 5454 might be next on my list. Thanks for sharing!

nunu78

Love the collection

MAJ75

Wonderful IWC pieces & captured in lovely crisp images.

As pointed out previously you have really good taste (the collection shot also highlights this).

I am a year into the hobby & don't have an IWC piece but will pull the trigger soon on a 3714 & probably a spitfire in rose gold (sure both of these pieces would look right at home in & amongst your box!)

Ruski91

you really have a great collection there bud.

BenjaminButton

IWC love 'em but yet to possess 'em. Great selection and great collection.

Daffy
gvNzGa.jpg

That, good sir, is a knockout watch and strap!

porschespeedster

that 5454!!!! woooooo what a watch.

Skyranger

Very nice watches: bravo!

I love your 3777 on a Jacob strap, so I went to Jacob website but did'nt find this model of strap.

Is it "sur-mesures"? (made only for you?)

dialedin

Very nice collection! I've been into the reps for about 3 years now and it's become a sickness, LOL. I've yet to own IWC but it is next on my list. Beautiful, classy designs. Thanks for sharing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phantomtech

My favourite IW is the Big Pilot, didn't want it from the pictures, but my TD insisted I'd love it....she was 100% right. Your collection is terrific and much in line with my taste in watches. Thanks for sharing.

It's funny, I was the opposite. I loved the Big Pilot on the photos but when I actually wore it it looked a bit too big for my taste. I detest too big watches. If the Big Pilot came in a 42-43mm case then I would be all over it!

Phantomtech

:drool:

But you still need a Spitfire Chrono....

I actually owned a Spitfire for a while but it didn't really do anything for me. The grey dial was too bland on a day to day basis...

Very nice watches: bravo!

I love your 3777 on a Jacob strap, so I went to Jacob website but did'nt find this model of strap.

Is it "sur-mesures"? (made only for you?)

You have to send him a email with exact instructions and dimensions.

tesmith2112

How's the rose gold holding up in those two 15400's?

carter23

You have an amazing collection.

I have the 3717 which is similar to your 3777, just slightly smaller and that has really started my obsession with IWC.

Phantomtech
Wonderful IWC pieces & captured in lovely crisp images.

As pointed out previously you have really good taste (the collection shot also highlights this).

I am a year into the hobby & don't have an IWC piece but will pull the trigger soon on a 3714 & probably a spitfire in rose gold (sure both of these pieces would look right at home in & amongst your box!)

Thanks!

I actually owned a 3714 ss case with gold markers for a while and while I did love it - as soon as I got the same color option in the 5007 I just loved it more and never really reached for the 3714 again so it was sold off.

The 5007 is best appreciated in person, the watch profile just sits on my wrist better than the 3714 ever did!

The Spitfire I tried for a week but it didn't do anything for me so it was sold as well..

Pseudonym

How easy is the crystal swap on these? My IW546301 has arrived & the dial would really pop with double AR!!

a097f10ed1310da9501a3261b1c624b0.jpg