purger72

Brequet Clasic Complications Tourbillon / Thoughts and Pics

purger72

Here are some thoughts and photos of my first Brequet rep. I new of this brand from ages ago and never thought that would get to buy a decent replica of their watches. Some time ago ( in 2000 ) while i worked on cruise line ship I did have seen a very poor replica when was in Istanbul at Grand Bazaar.

It looked as fake as there where all those quartz ones to so I didn't purchase one even tho was very cheep.

Anyways to cut story short this brand got mentioned in some tread on here few weeks back and one of our members Gavmeister said really good things about this rep.

Gen wise I guess most know Brequet history it started in 1775 with Abraham-Louise Brequet establishing his businesses in Paris.

Worlds most expensive watch is Marie Antoinette pocket watch ordered in 1783 for the queen and finished 34 years later in 1827 and is worth

Whooping 30 million.

Brequet is as well inventor off Tourbillon as prior to his invention watches where inaccurate due to the earth gravity.

Brequet made a first wrist watch in 1810 for Queen of Naples.

Back to gen model

FBD8D088-7451-4FAA-9B99-F0EA15D22475_zpsyzuinshm.png

Case 39 mm Thickness 11.15mm Made out of Rose Gold Tourbillon with 120 hours power reserve indicator. Price starts from 99,000

Rep I purchased from Mary ( great service from Mary )

4A76EAC4-3D65-413E-9E07-D2E1D46C51BD_zps43m56bjf.jpg

Case 42mm Thickness 15mm Rose gold plated over stainless steal. Foux Tourbillon with power reserve indicator.

Movement seagull automatic movement 26j 21600 low beat

Crystal mineral with AR coating

Price whooping $138 without shipping.

Gen picture of the movement

FC25ACB5-B270-4E85-8E68-BAC1A9ED9BD5_zpsocdlrzxx.jpg

Rep pic of the Movement

46C934C2-8C8E-4E65-967E-AC91C08DA2A3_zpsz8b4fr93.jpg

First impressions when I opened up package where really good. It is obvious from the photos that are many differences between gen and this rep,not just in size and thickens but I really don't care about any off those.

Rep has a very good resemblance of the Gen and that is good enough for me.

Rep feels of very good quality finish and rose gold plating looks beautiful.

Coin edge around the case and the way lugs are made sets this watch apart from other watch cases. It gives that Aristocratic feel, I like it.

195A96ED-F5FB-48B8-9072-E08E98F1E4F1_zpsy0cpo2az.jpg

The dial ,even tho there is fair a few differences in replication ,hands are not blue, power reserve sub dial looks different , rep dial looks

Beautiful and of quality finish.

Tourbillon is faux,just an open heart. In my case i never had Tourbillon watch and wasn't sure if I wanted one this is a very good trial.

There is a more expensive rep of this version in white gold finish with real Asian tourbillon for $600-$750 depends on TD

as Well that rep is 40mm, sapphire glass and blue hands. Looks more original. Guilloche dial is same as on this rep.

C3CB21F9-DB97-4351-9CB0-21A3CCB0A432_zpsnjz4sger.jpg

E1064837-E276-4EE6-97D5-4C1BD4BE900F_zps77lgdnox.jpg

Back of the case engravings look good even they are not deep ,still not bad for the price. Rotor is decorated but nowhere near as original.

Seagull has no resemblance to the Brequet movement but it looks great to me. I would expect on $600 rep to be all looking up a noch.

3131399D-EE72-46F5-B15A-077F98578805_zpsipig7dka.jpg

C32C47FB-0EBA-4CFA-8AC1-1A13E09AE16F_zpszuajsdu6.jpg

Strap :/ well it is crap but had a heads up on that so not big deal. Will just get better one. This rep is to good for the strap and with quality croc leather strap will all up look much better.

Deployment Clasp is functional but nothing to it either. I more prefer Tang buckle on leather straps than deployment ones.

All in all for the price this is one gorgeous quality build Brequet rep. And being not so well known among us average every day people nobody will know what it is anyway and I prefer that way to.

So if you are after cheaper version off tourby and nice quality dress watch that has its own unique charm , classiness this rep is worth considering for your collection and is fairly well priced to.

Enjoy few more pics.

175CF6F2-57AA-4770-88AC-D85DEB165FDF_zpsvy9z0k8s.jpg

98F9D2D3-C412-4627-ABD2-139765E1A72E_zpsgsybyf4w.jpg

852346FB-17EA-46E0-8806-CA6D4F8AA08D_zpsn4lg4mqo.jpg

C32C47FB-0EBA-4CFA-8AC1-1A13E09AE16F_zpszuajsdu6.jpg

C870CC9A-9B8C-4430-99AC-119E7AD1EDEE_zpszabjt5u0.jpg

Simms

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on a tourby lately and it's info sharing like this that helps guide decision making. I really appreciate it, enjoy the beauty!

Dendo

It's nice but I could not wear it as folk would want to look at it and a 100k watch needs to be explained.

Nice comparative review - does the power reserve work - looks like it does...

purger72

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on a tourby lately and it's info sharing like this that helps guide decision making. I really appreciate it, enjoy the beauty!

Thank you Simms, glad you liked it . All the reviews and members writings help everyone and i enjoy doing it.

It's nice but I could not wear it as folk would want to look at it and a 100k watch needs to be explained.

Hi Dendo. I get what you saying, I don't hide the fact it is rep. My answer is its a cheep one from Turkey. Mostly I don't like my reps to be seen, as they are for me. When i go to friends or is party with more people I just wear my citizen eco drive or seikos :)

Power reserve works and not fully tested yet but I think it is 36 hours

purger72

Just a update on this beauty.

Power reserve is as advertised from TD 36 hours spot on.

Time keeping within 6 days gain 1 sec.

In terms of comfort off wear. This watch compared to Omega PO, Montblanc, Breitling, feels like is part of the wrist. Even tho it is 42mm it just doesnt feel big in any way.

I would say it is the way back off the case is designed ,most comfortable watch to wear.

Can only imagine how gen would feel like.

Value for money is fantastic compared to higher priced reps.

GenTLe

I'm not a great fan of these fake tourbies. This specifically has too many flaws (for my taste) to be worn.

Maybe this one instead: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=16174

BUT if you're happy with it, then all good :) :)

purger72

Look defenetly they not to everyones taste..It actually is made realy well and looks good on the wrist..for the price is fantastic.

I did get two more with Lemania highest price range to with white gold plating.

One classic chronograph, other clasic compilation with moon phase.

But this is a hoby and Im not always after highest price range reps.

gavmeister

Well done on pulling the trigger and on the review. Some great photography too. As you confirm there are differences between this $138 rep and the $60,000 gen, but for the pure feel and look of the watch and its timekeeping this watch is in my opinion up there with reps I have purchased at 3 times the price...

gavmeister

The power reserve indicator goes up when the watch is wound by hand and will slowly reduce. I have mine on the watch winder and the power reserve will go down to zero but the watch will be fully wound automatically.

fatarms

The power reserve indicator goes up when the watch is wound by hand and will slowly reduce. I have mine on the watch winder and the power reserve will go down to zero but the watch will be fully wound automatically.

What movement do you have in that watch? The reason I ask is that my wife and I both had JLC reps a while back with the noisy Miyota's in 'em, but the power reserve went up as they were charged automatically by the rotor.

FunnyStarSystem

Great review, thoroughly enjoyed it. I agree that the price is right for something perhaps a bit extravagant looking, which you won't wear often.

gavmeister

What movement do you have in that watch? The reason I ask is that my wife and I both had JLC reps a while back with the noisy Miyota's in 'em, but the power reserve went up as they were charged automatically by the rotor.

My JLC does the same as yours. At first I thought the Breguet one was faulty....

Then realised its a different movement...

The Breguet is shown on the website as a Seagull 21600 beat but 26 jewels whereas my JLC (also a Seagull) has an additional 6 jewels....probably to drive the power reserve!

purger72

Thanks Gav . On my one power reserve indicator works as well when is on winder or when I'm wearing it.

I love this one and it feels on wrist great.

Thanks for the good tips that made me go and buy it.

purger72
Great review, thoroughly enjoyed it. I agree that the price is right for something perhaps a bit extravagant looking, which you won't wear often.

Thanks mate, I wear this one more than any other at the moment, that my change lol

purger72

My JLC does the same as yours. At first I thought the Breguet one was faulty....

Then realised its a different movement...

The Breguet is shown on the website as a Seagull 21600 beat but 26 jewels whereas my JLC (also a Seagull) has an additional 6 jewels....probably to drive the power reserve!

Mine has seagull automatic movement 26j 21600 low beat and power reserve works when worn as well manual wind