Sign in to follow this  
elloello

8880 Bracelet Fitting Guide:

elloello

I been asked a few times about this so I done a guide to help:

first have good bergeon tools mine are 6767

and a few small screwdrivers it's important they are strong because if not the screwdriver will bend or break

my tools

Kj8CRd3.jpg

xfa5Xro.jpg

qF2Bauq.jpg

I always remove the the end links on both sides before fitting, saves all the bracelet being present

gdCnZup.jpg

Tiny screw needs to be removed to do this procedure on each link, first screwdriver then tweezers to remove completely, it's the same to resize bracelet links also

8fuRBjH.jpg

Now with the bergeon tool engage with Spring bars, please note these rarely ever line up so I will explain more how to do this

lNbuJJO.jpg

with the various screwdrivers you need to mold the springbars into postion so you force the end to bend it, but please take care excess force will snap the ends,so do this lightly over and over again

Vgp3SBW.jpg

9svvzTM.jpg

It's important to do it this way when bending the springbars because if you over do it you don't get a nice flush bracelet to case "too much play"

Ujaoc2A.jpg

Now you simply repeat to the other side or once you get good you will get one in one hole and mold the other end to fit, I'm sure we all do it differently but it gives you a basic idea, the pic below shows a better how much it does flex with some patience

44cPHY2.jpg

Now to the other side to see the tight fit

5W0cIAn.jpg

Don't beat yourself up if you can't get it right away I used to take mine to my watchman to do it for me on various metal bracelets because I couldn't work it out but slowly & slowly I watched him do mine so went and got my own tools & now do it myself

Oh yeah great tip I can give,have some fat and thin springbars tighter the fit the better it is 22mm is the size 1.5 and 1.8 thickness

MgLm9q3.jpg

***Disclaimer***

Any injury or damages caused me myself and the forum are not responsible :)