Sign in to follow this  
BigTazz31

Trusty Time - NoobV7

BigTazz31

Good Afternoon All,

I have recently become interested in the hobby of replica watch collecting and decided to dabble in my later years. Now before you ALL roast me, I have read multiple articles on the NoobV7 and Trusty Time. I was told Andrew is a great person to work with so I decided to place my order for the below. I am simply looking for the BEST AVAILABLE Rolex Submariner Two Tone available. Can you all give me some opinions both good and bad on my purchase and if it were a wise choice? I want to learn and that's what I am here for. Just takes a little while for me to type in my old age. And read, and learn how to use the computer, and just about everything else hahah.... thanks all.

http://www.ttw-138.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=15385

RepGuy

You seem to have done some research, so I'm confused as to your question. Currently, the Noob v7 (and v8 in the Hulk version) is considered to be the best quality STOCK rep available in all versions of the basic sub (date and no date). It's safe to assume you will have the most gen-like sub if you go with a v7.

I will say that for many people, a two tone sub is a bad choice. It doesn't go with everything, and is very flashy. If you're into that look, then go for it, but for many people the solid stainless steel models are a more robust option as they go with literally everything.

Thommo82

All I can say is that looks amazing

I'm sure you will be very happy

But if you're not, send it to me

tomtom1988

BP is the way forward for a two tone sub I'm led to believe

BigTazz31

Thanks guys much appreciated. Anything else you would suggest a new comer like me to read up on learn more and things to check for once the watch arrives?

RepGuy
Thanks guys much appreciated. Anything else you would suggest a new comer like me to read up on learn more and things to check for once the watch arrives?

Read the new member section on the homepage

Cpotts24

Please what is "BP" thank you

Daffy

British Petroleum. Their logo color scheme is green and white.

Or, in the rep world, it's the name of a specific rep 'factory', like Noob or ZF.

Nikosaldente

British Petroleum. Their logo color scheme is green and white.

Before-after-BP-2.png?w=1160&h=653&fit=crop

:rofl:

Daffy

Geez, forgot the yellow. Silly me.

BigTazz31

I ordered my watch from TT - Andrew on 6/25 and still have not received QC pics. Should I be concerned?

tomtom1988
I ordered my watch from TT - Andrew on 6/25 and still have not received QC pics. Should I be concerned?

What! Four whole days for QC pics? Jesus Christ, he's definitely taken your monies and ran ;)

BigTazz31

East there man...... I'm just new and learning. Cut me some slack.

LaraA

No worries , takes a few days,waiting on pictures of mine to :)

BadPickle
East there man...... I'm just new and learning. Cut me some slack.

Use the time to choose your next purchase :D

BigTazz31

No worries , takes a few days,waiting on pictures of mine to :)

I just got tracking information from them yesterday and a text message with DHL update. Said my package is going through Hong Kong and I should receive it here in Atlanta, GA tomorrow by end of day. Does this sound right to you all?

adamo99

I placed an order with Andrew two weeks ago, got tracking info, but still haven't seen QC pics. :huh:

BigTazz31

I placed an order with Andrew two weeks ago, got tracking info, but still haven't seen QC pics. :huh:

DO NOT USE TRUSTY TIME!!!!! HORRIBLE QUALITY WATCHES

RepGuy

Maybe you could take some pictures to show us what you mean. How's that sound Tazzhole

BigTazz31

Here is what I paid for : http://www.ttw-138.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=15385

Rolex Two Tone Sub Mariner - $688

Rolex Matching Box - $108

Here is what I received for over $800.......

The Watch arrived DOA

The Bezel does not sit centered on the watch.

The Bezel is extremely sharp as opposed to genuine Rolex

The gold on clasp is fading to orange and completely different color than the bracelet links.

The links on the bracelet are very loud - "clinging" / "squeaking"

Overall the watch is a completely over priced piece of garbage. I took it to my trusted jeweler who told me the quality of the watch was worse than a cheap Seiko for $25.

He also stated that there is a place down the street from me that sells better Rolex replicas for $50 - $75.

Result : I will be contacting Trusty Time and demanding my money back or disputing the transaction with my bank. I suggest nobody ever order from this distributor.

Maybe you could take some pictures to show us what you mean. How's that sound Tazzhole

I will be posting them as soon as I get home today. Wait for it ......

RepGuy
Here is what I paid for : http://www.ttw-138.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=15385

Rolex Two Tone Sub Mariner - $688

Rolex Matching Box - $108

Here is what I received for over $800.......

The Watch arrived DOA

The Bezel does not sit centered on the watch.

The Bezel is extremely sharp as opposed to genuine Rolex

The gold on clasp is fading to orange and completely different color than the bracelet links.

The links on the bracelet are very loud - "clinging" / "squeaking"

Overall the watch is a completely over priced piece of garbage. I took it to my trusted jeweler who told me the quality of the watch was worse than a cheap Seiko for $25.

He also stated that there is a place down the street from me that sells better Rolex replicas for $50 - $75.

Result : I will be contacting Trusty Time and demanding my money back or disputing the transaction with my bank. I suggest nobody ever order from this distributor.

I will be posting them as soon as I get home today. Wait for it ......

I've literally been refreshing this thread non stop. My fingers can only click so much!

tomtom1988

Knew you'd be trouble from the get go, dispute the payment with your van is a no no, totally against forum rules

Mr bank manager I bought a rep from china and its shit can I have my money back? Really?

If you'd done your research you'd know what to expect, the gen isnt anything to compare to, it's a $10000 watch, you should of known that gold plating on a rep is a bad idea, hmmm it sound ratly? It's not real gold dude!

I'm sure it's not as bad as you make out anyway

Breakdown

QC pics should have been gone over throughly

You can't compare rep to gen quality

Gold plating is not the best in reps

DOA yeah that's a concern but trusty would put that right

He's one of the oldest TDs around and hasn't got this far selling shit

Mr_B
comment_ijTBZPbjehwUwLlt3Hbl4ilq0mNae0xG.gif

Cpotts24

This post has me pretty worried. My QC pictures looked good to me but my watch is sitting at my house and I haven't got my hands on it yet. I went with TT because of the reviews and longevity. Sure hope I made the right decision

Mr_B
This post has me pretty worried. My QC pictures looked good to me but my watch is sitting at my house and I haven't got my hands on it yet. I went with TT because of the reviews and longevity. Sure hope I made the right decision

You'll be fine. Don't expect a Gen.