Sign in to follow this  
The touche française

I have some questions

The touche française

1/ Do you think it is really bad or actually a good thing for luxury brands to see rep watches of their brands on the market? Or simply they don't care?

2/ Is there people in the know to tell us if the reps industry use children in they supply chain, and the working conditions in general?

I really want to get a rep but it is also important for me to know 2 or 3 things before buying.

Thank you.

SuperbMonster

My postman looks about 14 years old

The touche française

And?

Thommo82

Reps are bad for the environment

The touche française

Interesting. Can you elaborate more please?

RepGuy

Reps are inherently immoral. While I understand you have questions, we are simply consumers and can't answer if child labor is used.

I can tell you that the genuine brands very much hate reps and actively try to stop the sale of them.

Thommo82

I've bought so many that they had to open a new dump for all the packaging I've thrown away

The touche française
Reps are inherently immoral. While I understand you have questions, we are simply consumers and can't answer if child labor is used.

I can tell you that the genuine brands very much hate reps and actively try to stop the sale of them.

Thank you for your honety.

Maybe a TD can answer my second question.

The touche française

I've bought so many that they had to open a new dump for all the packaging I've thrown away

Oh I see, this not really different from Amazon and other brands tho, lol.

SuperbMonster

And?

The working conditions are sometimes poor for him. It often rains.

RepGuy

You seem to have questions and concerns beyond the normal rep buyer, and I'm not sure if certain concerns will be answered by a TD. You're welcome to your opinion, but I feel it may not lead to any answers.

GenTLe

Reps use the same factory of legit watches to produce parts. Parts are not illegal (even with "Rolex" printed on it) unless they are put together in the final product.

I doubt they use minor labor, as the parts are produced in places like these:

HTB1FSqwHFXXXXcSXpXXq6xXFXXXZ.jpg

HTB1ldOrHFXXXXb4XFXXq6xXFXXXO.jpg

And this is a good read too: http://www.europastar.com/magazine/highlights/1003782633-red-star-rising-a-europa-star-visit-to-a-chinese.html

The touche française

And?

The working conditions are sometimes poor for him. It often rains.

The distribution chain is not a concern in my case, but thank you for your contribution.

The touche française

You seem to have questions and concerns beyond the normal rep buyer, and I'm not sure if certain concerns will be answered by a TD. You're welcome to your opinion, but I feel it may not lead to any answers.

Probably, but if I know one or two things from your knowledge here, it is still worth asking these questions. :)

The touche française
Reps use the same factory of legit watches to produce parts. Parts are not illegal (even with "Rolex" printed on it) unless they are put together in the final product.

I doubt they use minor labor, as the parts are produced in places like these:

HTB1FSqwHFXXXXcSXpXXq6xXFXXXZ.jpg

HTB1ldOrHFXXXXb4XFXXq6xXFXXXO.jpg

And this is a good read too: http://www.europastar.com/magazine/highlights/1003782633-red-star-rising-a-europa-star-visit-to-a-chinese.html

I like this answer. :D

I am also impressed to learn that some parts of the reps can be gen.

Thank you for the link, I will read that for sure. ;)

Genius

Flown over on a plane from china is gonna use a lot of fuel

The touche française

Flown over on a plane from china is gonna use a lot of fuel

This may be a bit excessive, but yeah sure I can't disagree.

Slink73

Do you wear a famous sports brand, any will do Nike, Adidas, Reebok, Puma, Le Coq Sportif..) - all use factories in Asia with appalling child labour records.

Do you use a Samsung, Apple device, Withings - all use factories in Asia with appalling labour records

Do you drive a car maybe a BMW, Merc or Renault - all use oil/petroleum that fucks up the environment - maybe you buy it from Totale?

Do you own a designer handbag, maybe YSL, Dior, Chanel - that rape you for 10's of 000's of euros - cut the leather in africa/china put it together in Italy and call it French...

Do you ever eat fast food chicken, maybe you like a coq au vin - something like 50% of Europe's chicken comes from Thailand - do you question if it's well cared for or battery farmed?

So maybe you live in a shit clad tepee, wear a hessian toga and eat grass or maybe you should prioritise the welfare of western 'established' businesses before questioning the morality of fake watches from China?

And if you don't think legitimate businesses don't end up funneling cash into illegal practices you are even more naive.

RepGuy

Do you wear a famous sports brand, any will do Nike, Adidas, Reebok, Puma, Le Coq Sportif..) - all use factories in Asia with appalling child labour records.

Do you use a Samsung, Apple device, Withings - all use factories in Asia with appalling labour records

Do you drive a car maybe a BMW, Merc or Renault - all use oil/petroleum that fucks up the environment - maybe you buy it from Totale?

Do you own a designer handbag, maybe YSL, Dior, Chanel - that rape you for 10's of 000's of euros - cut the leather in africa/china put it together in Italy and call it French...

Do you ever eat fast food chicken, maybe you like a coq au vin - something like 50% of Europe's chicken comes from Thailand - do you question if it's well cared for or battery farmed?

So maybe you live in a shit clad tepee, wear a hessian toga and eat grass or maybe you should prioritise the welfare of western 'established' businesses before questioning the morality of fake watches from China?

And if you don't think legitimate businesses don't end up funneling cash into illegal practices you are even more naive.

That got real dark. Simple but effective argument though.

Thommo82

Sir, if you run for president, I shall vote for you

Stewart

Do you think children are using CNC machines and laser engravers?

RepGuy
Do you think children are using CNC machines and laser engravers?

Maybe, my child-worker aged nephew is pretty good with his iPad. I'm sure if those CNC machines utilize graphical user interfaces children would do just fine :lol:

trailboss99

Its China, child labour is normal. Work or your family goes hungry.

RUSH2112
Its China, child labour is normal. Work or your family goes hungry.

Thank you. If it's a question of survival what's wrong with a child working?

The touche française

Are you implying I may be naive, or should I not ask questions or choose my battles Because I am gulty? Thank you for the long elaborate and long response, but I really don't get the message behind it.