Sign in to follow this  
Kersed

Audemars Royal Oak 15400 Automatic

Kersed

Ok here is my review of I know ANOTHER royal oak from trusty time.

I ordered the watch towards the beginning of December. for about 2 weeks straight I felt like I was constantly refreshing my email and tracking updates to see little to no progress on movement. literally felt like I was losing my mind although it wasn't that long. Andrew was phenomenal the qc pics were awesome I just as a first time buyer wish I was given a more accurate time representation in the reviews. So here's one for all you guys out there. I'm sure everyone is gonna call me an impatient fuck but I am. I already know it. I didn't polish the watch for this review sorry...

243kpj6.jpg

ivv1ih.jpg

2rh3fvm.jpg

TRUSTY TIME.

I ordered top end Royal Oak automatic 15400 rose gold black band JF factory cause fuck it it seemed to be the most like the orginal. $418.00

responses were fast...ish. I'm sure Andrew has a ton of emails but I wish some responses were a little more than a few words. and a little more direction what to expect.

if you are in the US expect responses to be late at night or to wake up to them. This made my anxiety work week hell. refreshing emails. DO NOT SEND ECHEQUE for pay pal. This only slowed the process and didn't help at all. it took about 4-6 days to clear echeck. after it cleared it took 5 more for QC pics

after I received the qc pics I immediately hit "yes send please I need in my life...ect"

it took about 5 days from shipping to customs clearance to arrival on my wrist. DHL when they say any time during the day expect delivery, really means in the next 3 days. at any time. mine was held up 2 days and arrived around 4pm.

upon inspection it arrived nicely wrapped (no photos sorry) in bubble wrap inside 2 small boxes one of which was Styrofoam. very snug secure

Watch review:

Fist day. Incredibly pleased. the weight was amazing I was worried before that it would feel light but It is a incredibly balanced watch. self wind movement amazing. this thing spins like a top. second hand movement is very smooth. ticks probably 6/s not sure just eyed it while typing.

The clasp was FUCKING confusing at first because of how hard you have to pull to open it!!!! I was worried I would break it. didn't know how to set the date, my own fault didn't realize it was a screw crown now a pull/pop out one.

yl9ix.jpg

In this photo youll see behind the dual AP opening clasp a gold circle. That was very difficult to get into the band holes.in fact it damaged the leather. IF YOU DONT KNOW YOUR CONFORTABLE WRIST SIZE DONT JUST STICK IT INTO ASY HOLE. it was very difficult to get back out.

The face of the watch and the shine of the rose gold will never show as good in photo as it does in person. This thing attracts attention from a mile away its crazy the shimmer on the hour markers and until you see it in person nothing can do it justice. almost like diamonds.

335bcxs.jpg

Few issues. Ive highlighted one where within the first day of owning it, where the watch clasp sits it tends to rub and the rose gold look already scraped off. annoyed me. I have a Hermes belt buckle that did this started gold now silver. Not excited that it already looking worn. second is the stamping on the band wears out around the back end of the name AUDEMARS due to the folding AP clasp rubbing on it. Third issue is if you have smaller wrists the clasp will rub on your wrist. ive loosened it but then it sits a little floppy and if you wear any other wrist accessories they will uncomfortably sit under the watch.

OVERALL very stoked about the watch. No one has said anything negative about it. People have taken pictures and snapchats with it. no lie.

watch store people compliment it and over all I feel confident wearing it. I recommend this watch just be patient after ordering unlike me. Also be weary of these things.

2ns2lig.jpg

10di4xg.jpg

97i8fm.jpg

Edited by Kersed

Member X

Nicely detailed, honest review, thanks.

It's good to know these things that don't always get mentioned! I had to google how to open a Rolex Presidential bracelet when I got my first :blush: lol

WatchaholicMallorca

Good write up buddy,

Woulnd't worry too much about the strap as all rep straps are shit.... Could get one made by a strap maker on here but you'll have to go without for a while....

A member on here put his on a gen AP rubber Strap, looks stuning!

orlipide

hi , would you recomend to go for some extra AR treatment on the glass on the JF version?

luxman

I looked at the site but no longer see it available...?