Sign in to follow this  
rypho1

ZF Jaeger-LeCoultre Master ultra thin - Small second (pic heavy)

rypho1

Was in the market for a dress watch and decided to try out a JLC rep which i Just received yesterday morning from Steve at theonewatches. Ive stuck a gen JLC strap on it and must say im loving it!

overall design and silver dial finish on main and sub dial is great and is very thin! case back seems like its a little tight as rotor is not swinging as freely as some of my other watches but nothing a service cant fix! Anyway not a big review or anything just thought id share some pics with you all...

on the old rep strap

IMG-20170217-WA0009.jpg

Gen strap mounted

1e915355-a1e9-4d37-bfd8-fe6261341435.jpg

9547a6de-3d0f-4498-805c-fdcc4d0165d6.jpg

86a3ef24-fa7f-4e70-9371-ca8eb055c854.jpg

440e4ec3-a006-49ae-bbab-1290b03d38fe.jpg

badd9741-f446-4430-996a-4619070b5a7c.jpg

349d0b0d-af25-4716-8f61-f1eb036dc371.jpg

c67fa359-747e-4972-8d81-fec05ec21e87.jpg

Next to the ZF IWC 5007 - thick and thin

3e10172b-66b7-4d8c-8e8e-cb4958c1ad65.jpg

95af193f-0024-4e0b-8c27-a8ac3b58d2b0.jpg

Final shot..

20170217_144756.jpg

GenTLe

Beautiful classy piece! Congratulation!

dalboy

" Classic "

Dal.

Stewart

Looks very nice! Can't go wrong with a JLC.

Thelittleprince

Sweeet!!!!

Thang

So beautiful

dilip

Looks great!

rypho1

cheers people! Clean and simple and dial really well done.. hat off to ZF ;)

shinjun

How much did the gen strap cost? Enjoy!

Dendo

Is the deployant rep? Looks good.

NCRich

Beautiful.

rypho1

was fortunate with a find on ebay .. £150 brand new in packet with spring bars . they go for around £295 from AD i think

rypho1

Is the deployant rep? Looks good.

it is, very light im sure the gen has a bit more weight to it... but given the size and lightness of the watch maybe its supposed to be light..

its not perfect but its a very well done rep for $260 dollars v $7000 for gen... its def good bang for your buck

Sealdoggy

Nice, very smart

AJB2

Great watch & great pics...May I ask, what was actually wrong with the strap it came with or was it just a case of wanting a genuine one?

boredpanda

gen strap.. what a treat! enjoy your new watch :D

shinjun

was fortunate with a find on ebay .. £150 brand new in packet with spring bars . they go for around £295 from AD i think

I should start hunting gen straps on the bay aswell :o

brang1

nice, really nice...class all the way

rypho1
Great watch & great pics...May I ask, what was actually wrong with the strap it came with or was it just a case of wanting a genuine one?

I suspect the rep strap is not genuine alligator which although this is not the worst rep strap I've seen it kind of gives the game away from a glance. No luxuary watch would come on a printed strap so it's a must for me on all rep watches on an strap.. if not a gen then a nice real aligator custom strap. I feel rocking a nicely made rep with a plasticy looking strap feels like a waste of money and rather invest the little extra to really give it that luxuary feel. No way at full price but if you can find a good deal on a real gator strap it's worth it.

When I got my audemars piguet jf 15400 I thought how bad can the rep strap be why are people spending $200 on strap.... I soon found out when I received it... was awful! It let down a otherwise beautiful watch so from then I now just factor it into my costing. :)

tommylad

This looks very special - the strap sets it off nicely.

Mikrotsutsunos

JLC is such an elegant dress watch.

Davesjourney

Tres classy! Elegant and timeless

chuckbass

Very nice, even better on the gen strap, thanks for great pics and enjoy!

AJB2

I suspect the rep strap is not genuine alligator which although this is not the worst rep strap I've seen it kind of gives the game away from a glance. No luxuary watch would come on a printed strap so it's a must for me on all rep watches on an strap.. if not a gen then a nice real aligator custom strap. I feel rocking a nicely made rep with a plasticy looking strap feels like a waste of money and rather invest the little extra to really give it that luxuary feel. No way at full price but if you can find a good deal on a real gator strap it's worth it.

When I got my audemars piguet jf 15400 I thought how bad can the rep strap be why are people spending $200 on strap.... I soon found out when I received it... was awful! It let down a otherwise beautiful watch so from then I now just factor it into my costing. :)

Sorry for all the questions but It's impressed me so much, I'm going to buy one. Please could you tell me the exact search I'm doing on ebay for a strap like yours? I'm new to this game & need to find the exact one. Cheers in advance.

rypho1

Sorry for all the questions but It's impressed me so much, I'm going to buy one. Please could you tell me the exact search I'm doing on ebay for a strap like yours? I'm new to this game & need to find the exact one. Cheers in advance.

No probs..dont expect there to be loads on ebay all the time though, the guy i bought it from needed a smaller size strap so he had a spare regular one and luckily i was the only one who came across his auction so got it at starting price :) you just have to keep checking in and one will show up at some point.. got my gen IWC strap on there from a jewelers closing down selling off stock..so keep eyes peeled! the size you need is 21 wide at lug end and 18 at buckle end. if you want one now youd be better off finding a strap maker to make you one up there are a few on this forum and over at RWI who make nice alligator straps, if i didnt find mine thats where i would be going! expect to pay about £130 upwards for a custom hand made alligator strap... but worth it In my opinion! even with the strap its still a tiny fraction of the cost of a gen but that bit closer to looking the part.... good luck!