Sign in to follow this  
Fredkroket

Chinese websites

Fredkroket

Hi I am new here and I don't think I am the first who is wondering this.

So I found a Chinese website were you can buy these replica watches for just a few dollars.

Admin edit: link to untrusted site removed.

The only problem is that they don't ship outside of China, but there must be a website that does, right?

dumibalamuc

stick to the trusted dealers from here

JohnG

Buy from THESE people to be safe: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...hp?showforum=67

And read THIS: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...?showtopic=2073

And read as many of the stickied threads at the top of the General Discussion forum as you can, particularly those relatiing to newcomers.

Welcome and cheers.

wdev

^^ This! And only this!

Stick to the TD's here, maat. Alles wat je nodig hebt

black263

Fredkroket

So I pay some money to get vip, then I can find a website where I can buy the same quality replica watch as these TD's sell, but just for $20 instead of $200?

Or am I missing something?

greg_r

So I pay some money to get vip, then I can find a website where I can buy the same quality replica watch as these TD's sell, but just for $20 instead of $200?

You're missing everything.

$20 will only buy you cheap crap (or nothing at all - a lot of those cheapie sites are just scammers). Whilst prices vary from dealer to dealer, they don't vary by that much. You can save a bit by going for wholesale deals, but that increases your risk, as wholesalers will not offer guarantees or re-ship in case of customs seizure.

Basically, if you think you're going to buy a $200 watch for that sort of money, you're dreaming. There are some fairly decent budget watches around ($50 and upwards) if you hunt for them, but there's also an awful lot of crap around at that price. The high-end reps (better quality, better movements) are going to be more expensive wherever you buy them.

splke

i have bought all the crap i think :(

NCRich

Oh heck, just buy from those random websites on the internet. What could happen?

Fredkroket

$20 will only buy you cheap crap (or nothing at all - a lot of those cheapie sites are just scammers). Whilst prices vary from dealer to dealer, they don't vary by that much. You can save a bit by going for wholesale deals, but that increases your risk, as wholesalers will not offer guarantees or re-ship in case of customs seizure.

Basically, if you think you're going to buy a $200 watch for that sort of money, you're dreaming. There are some fairly decent budget watches around ($50 and upwards) if you hunt for them, but there's also an awful lot of crap around at that price. The high-end reps (better quality, better movements) are going to be more expensive wherever you buy them.

Ok, I'll probably buy a watch from a TD. But these TD's get there watches somewhere and I don't think they pay $150 just to sell them back for $200. I was just asking if there was a way to buy them cheaper.

Thanks for the info!

RepGuy

Ok, I'll probably buy a watch from a TD. But these TD's get there watches somewhere and I don't think they pay $150 just to sell them back for $200. I was just asking if there was a way to buy them cheaper.

Thanks for the info!

Yes, the TD's make a profit on the watches they sell just like any other business, but the exact amount of markup can vary, and none of us will ever know for sure. For what you get from the TD's it's worth it for the peace of mind that the watch will arrive and be of good quality. It's fun every once in a while to buy a cheap beater watch, but quality can vary drastically, and many times you will find these watches aren't worth even the low price you paid. That doesn't really happen with the TD's, and if it does, you can be sure members of the forums will be talking about it.

black263

Thanks for the info!

There are many different qualities of watches. You're never going to find the quality the TD sells for "a few dollars. DHGate has a vast multitude of sites selling bottom end watches. Some are reasonable value for money, others not even worth a few dollars, and among the rest, a heap of scammers. Having said that, several members have used DHGate and on the VIP section have posted links to the ones that are low end, but fair value for money. You get what you pay for.

Daffy

Thanks for the info!

Are you sure that you won't try to contact the manufacturers themselves, to see if you can get a better deal?

elp

Thanks for the info!

You realise this hobby is somewhat illegal, right? You will not find a Chinese website for the manufacturers .... you may be able to find the same watches cheaper if you were local to Guangzhou, had contacts in the rep trade and had lots of cash to spend for volume purchases.

Left Coast Guy

What's going....it seems like there's a rash of folks lately that feel the need to cut out the middle man in this industry before they even understand the reason the middle-men exist in the first place. I get it, no one wants to pay more than needed for a given product......but at certain point, you have to remember you're buying illegal counterfeit goods from halfway across the world, its pretty darn nice to have someone perform a QC check , stand behind shipping, accept multiple payment forms, etc....there is value to these middle-men.

Fredkroket

What's going....it seems like there's a rash of folks lately that feel the need to cut out the middle man in this industry before they even understand the reason the middle-men exist in the first place. I get it, no one wants to pay more than need for a given product......but at certain point, you have to remember you're buying illegal counterfeit goods from halfway across the world, its nice pretty darn nice to have someone perform a QC check , stand behind shipping, accept multiple payment forms, etc....there is value to these middle-men.

Ofcourse I understand the need of a middle man, I was just wondering if there was an alternative... I'll follow the advise that you guys give me and I am about to purchase my first watch from a TD.

JohnG

What's going....it seems like there's a rash of folks lately that feel the need to cut out the middle man in this industry before they even understand the reason the middle-men exist in the first place. I get it, no one wants to pay more than need for a given product......but at certain point, you have to remember you're buying illegal counterfeit goods from halfway across the world, its nice pretty darn nice to have someone perform a QC check , stand behind shipping, accept multiple payment forms, etc....there is value to these middle-men.

Ofcourse I understand the need of a middle man, I was just wondering if there was an alternative... I'll follow the advise that you guys give me and I am about to purchase my first watch from a TD.

Just a quick note about the VIP membership... really that is a way to support the forum. If you buy some watches and use the forum a lot, for information and to satisfy the obsession this can become, and you find friends and fellowship, then the membership is a way to give back a little and help pay the costs of the forum. Greg runs the forum as a non-profit enterprise for all of us and at the end of the year any funds that aren´t spent on forum expenses are used to buy some watches that are raffled off to members. Also, if you get VIP status you can talk back to the moderators without consequences.... :rofl:

elp

Just a quick note about the VIP membership... really that is a way to support the forum. If you buy some watches and use the forum a lot, for information and to satisfy the obsession this can become, and you find friends and fellowship, then the membership is a way to give back a little and help pay the costs of the forum. Greg runs the forum as a non-profit enterprise for all of us and at the end of the year any funds that aren´t spent on forum expenses are used to buy some watches that are raffled off to members. Also, if you get VIP status you can talk back to the moderators without consequences.... :rofl:

You forgot to mention the sex

BadApple

I think this chap gets a hard on re-inventing himself......

Griffo

What's going....it seems like there's a rash of folks lately that feel the need to cut out the middle man in this industry before they even understand the reason the middle-men exist in the first place. I get it, no one wants to pay more than needed for a given product......but at certain point, you have to remember you're buying illegal counterfeit goods from halfway across the world, its pretty darn nice to have someone perform a QC check , stand behind shipping, accept multiple payment forms, etc....there is value to these middle-men.

I think it's people finding their way over from https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/

Used to be a decent subreddit, but now it's just full of people wanting $10 subs.

onzenuub

Fredkroket from the name I believe you're Dutch. Stop met het blijven stellen van vragen naar de bekende weg en begin eerst eens met lezen op dit forum. Dan zal je een hoop duidelijk worden.

narikaa

Where can I find a Chinese supplier of fake forum I.D.'s that laboriously ask the same B.S. ?

I can't seem to find one anywhere.

But someone's obviously got the inside track on this supply

onzenuub

Where can I find a Chinese supplier of fake forum I.D.'s that laboriously ask the same B.S. ?

I can't seem to find one anywhere.

But someone's obviously got the inside track on this supply

Here you go: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=132607&st=20

JohnG

There used to be lots of sex in the shoutbox, guys talking each other off, sometimes five or six at a time, but it seems to have fallen out of favor....

RUSH2112

There used to be lots of sex in the shoutbox, guys talking each other off, sometimes five or six at a time, but it seems to have fallen out of favor....

That's why they have so many GTG now.