Sign in to follow this  
jaydotz90

In need of a super rep rolex daydate or datejust, silver with white face.

jaydotz90

Hello wondering if anybody could guide me on who's got the best rep for this type of watch at the moment. Ive heard a lot about noobs. Just need some guiding, would appreciate it.

Thanks people.

NFleischer

Welcome. Many of the Rolex are made by the Noob Factory. Any TD should be able to get you one, With an Asian Clone movement,

they run about $250. Here's a DJ2, 41mm. Not 100% a 'super rep' but for the money, I can't complain.

7f99f344-da84-40ee-8029-3ca3a10581e2_zpsa8bf1c53.jpg

jaydotz90

Ok thanks i dont mind paying a bit more for a super rep any suggestions. Also asian or swiss movement?

Thanks

ssouthall6

There are enough flaws even with the best rep datejusts for the discerning eye to tell reasonably easily. That said, I've never been called out with my fluted bezel noob. I got it from Sead, listed as clone movement but there were swiss parts in the movement and it runs very smoothly.

Next step up is a frankenjust from mymanmatt

magicsean

Thats a beautiful watch man

bgreg

IMAG2017_zpsnausewwd.jpg

No super rep dial is kinda cccrreeaam y

BC1221
There are enough flaws even with the best rep datejusts for the discerning eye to tell reasonably easily. That said, I've never been called out with my fluted bezel noob. I got it from Sead, listed as clone movement but there were swiss parts in the movement and it runs very smoothly.

Asian clones don't have Swiss parts. They're just a exact copy if whatever movement. Hence the name asian clone

The ones they sell as Swiss are refurbished eta movements with asian replacement parts. BP,factory stuff seems to be ones doing this.

The good thing with these movements... Any watch smith familiar with eta movements can fix them and will have the parts to fix them.

ssouthall6

Asian clones don't have Swiss parts. They're just a exact copy if whatever movement. Hence the name asian clone

The ones they sell as Swiss are refurbished eta movements with asian replacement parts. BP,factory stuff seems to be ones doing this.

The good thing with these movements... Any watch smith familiar with eta movements can fix them and will have the parts to fix them.

Yeah that was my point actually! I got a Swiss refurb for the price of a clone which I was kinda happy about. Even though apart from the autowinder bridge very little was actually eta :D movement was in pretty good assembly unlike the BP pieces of junk

Daywatch

Bought this on m2m and it has an Asian ETA and runs fine, don´t have the slightest idea who the maker was but its the only one that gets the "nice watch" comments outside rwg:)

What I noticed with this one is that the moment it aquires a used look from normal wear instead of blinging and shining scratch-free and brandnew it just looks "much more genuine and believable" - at least to the general folk out there.

IMG1024_2546.jpg

slashdotcom

Welcome. Many of the Rolex are made by the Noob Factory. Any TD should be able to get you one, With an Asian Clone movement,

they run about $250. Here's a DJ2, 41mm. Not 100% a 'super rep' but for the money, I can't complain.

7f99f344-da84-40ee-8029-3ca3a10581e2_zpsa8bf1c53.jpg

Hi,it's a beauty!Is there a semi invisible crown at 6?

madmex

I've had the displeasure of dealing with mymanmatt also known as "your unique watches." He knows his datejusts and day-dates, and does have good looking builds. Unfortunately he is not pleasant to deal with at all if you have any kind of complaint. If you are any kind of perfectionist, and admire clean precision work you may be setting yourself up for disappointment and bad experience if you try to reason with the guy. He will think you are too picky. "There is not a used gen ... in the world that doesn't have a flaw somewhere." That's right especially if he serviced it.

I will point out some things that would make a professional watchmaker cringe:

He keeps the hands in bins all thrown in there, some may be bent from careless removal and handling with metal tweezers, and they're clearly touching and rubbing with each other. If you've ever purchased new hands they come in cardboard cutouts, perfectly isolated and pristine. Not his. Or he has the audacity to sell used parts at new prices.

He uses a pair of tweezers that you'd think are sharpened with a rock and he will grab anything and everything with them. Ready to go at a dial with a toothpick wet with spit to get it looking "beautiful."

Summary:

You get a nice looking watch from a couple of feet away, but if you look closely you will see sloppiness, dirt, scratches from careless handling, twisted scratched hands, and a very, very poor attitude if you have any complaint. He would rather not do business with you if you need quality and customer care. Sadly he thinks he's very good. The guy is from another era. Caveat Emptor

Edited by madmex