LightGeek

A Lange et Sohne - Inexpensive White Dial

LightGeek

Features sweeping large second hand AND subdial. I'll probably remove the large hand. Also, working power reserve subdial.

The back is nicely detailed, accurate or not.

pusy5a7e.jpg

LightGeek

yrunybas.jpg

7atu5u9e.jpg

2u4ujeqa.jpg

LightGeek
8eny2y7a.jpg

LightGeek

Impressions out of the box, it's a cheap rep. The seconds at 6 follow the large second hand... Ended up removing the large one and clipping it so the cannon pinion isn't exposed. The rep strap is strangely comfortable!

The crystal has (and I loosely say) AR. The back is dazzling and would impress any casual observer. Overall I'm very happy for this watch.

te4ygune.jpg

uge9abu8.jpg

qe8aju5y.jpg

LightGeek
dabujege.jpg

bklynboy

Well done old sport!

LightGeek

I've had this thing on for nearly an hour now and I can't get over the fact how nice and comfortable the strap is for such a cheapie... This is a first for me.

LightGeek
u9ane7ep.jpg

LightGeek

sajy8eta.jpg

ymamaha3.jpg

Xebryus

I'm digging this watch LG. Especially for a cheapie, it's beautiful

Sparkal

Nice work mate, I made an abortion of guessing where the lost second fixing in your other post

Think i got there in the end............

Did you paint the bit you cut? or use a black vivid? or can you not notice the raw metal?

LightGeek
I'm digging this watch LG. Especially for a cheapie, it's beautiful

Yeah I have this strange attraction to it, even though it's a fantasy. It is a large part due to the strap too. I'm looking to see if anyone can still get the Glashutte Senators Sixties Calendar. The Nomos is out of production but maybe that one isn't.

LightGeek
Nice work mate, I made an abortion of guessing where the lost second fixing in your other post

Did you paint the bit you cut? or use a black vivid? or can you not notice the raw metal?

You need to get really close and concentrate to see it. Even then you have to know what you're looking for first.

Xebryus

How I wish they still repped the Nomos. I hope you can get your hands on one of the Glashutte's.

LightGeek

AND nice lume too? She's everything you could want!

e9aqyhuh.jpg

Sparkal

You need to get really close and concentrate to see it. Even then you have to know what you're looking for first.

Sweet, Its a really nice looking watch.

And damn I am impressed by the detailing on the back,

LightGeek

And how much was this beauty?

$115 !!!

I don't think I've ever been this impressed with a supposed cheapie. Now mind you I DID have to open it up and mod/remove the seconds hand so the squeamish beware.

Sparkal

Bargain, I think there may be a few more of these seen around now.

LightGeek

The side of the case is brushed but polished between the lugs - a subtle contrast. There are no "raw" parts unlike my $600 JLC Tourbillon.

myaz

Gorgeous color on the pics. Looks classy with the removal of the seconds hand. The lume on these Langes is never spectacular anyways. I got a cousin of that one, the Sax-O-Mat, from Robert a while back and it came without the seconds hand, gotta say, I like the blue hands on yours better. Congrats on the mod.

LightGeek

Gorgeous color on the pics. Looks classy with the removal of the seconds hand. The lume on these Langes is never spectacular anyways. I got a cousin of that one, the Sax-O-Mat, from Robert a while back and it came without the seconds hand, gotta say, I like the blue hands on yours better. Congrats on the mod.

The sex-o-what? Oh, nevermind :)

TheSav

Nice job LG. looks much better without the big sweeper. Gives it a cleaner look.

JoelMarrs

Terrific shots you got out there man..the watch looks awesome i guess...A Lange and Sohne is really a great watch manufacturere brand...although i wish the lume might have been a bit more vivid..like along with the hands the whole dial in the lume would have looked better.

SSTEEL

Congrats mate, looks spot on now the big seconds hand has been removed.

sgtguk

Followed your mod on this one and you def got balls mate ! I agree it looks fantastic for a cheapy too, good on ya LG :suck: