Sign in to follow this  
late

U-Boat U-51 Chimera Bronze

late

This is more of a crap cellphone camera shoot than a review, but thought i'd share since a few seem excited by this new release.

Picked this monster up though the FatPanda @ Watchfinder.

2e530k9.jpg

Looks pretty accurate to me, but as there are a few versions of the gen, and i am no expert, it's hard to say.

i4g17a.jpg

I know there is a 43mm version where the "12" is not cut off at the dial, but the cut-off version exists as well.

2cx8gg1.jpg

From what i can find, the chrono start pusher should not have the knurled disk, but there may be variations from year to year?

Also the reset pusher has "teeth" in most versions of the gen i can find.

2ev6l93.jpg

The crystal is a bit reflective and distorts a bit from the curvature but is clear straight-on.

1zekppi.jpg

The gen has a smoked/frosted window on the back, where this one is clear, and the gen has a silver rotor.

Anyway, this is a stunning piece and makes me feel like some sort of steampunk pirate airship captain whilst wearing it.

Nikosaldente

Talk about some wrist presence!

Enjoy it in good health!

Cheers!

Stewart

How about a wrist shot with that beast! Nice pick up!

micscave

Got mine a week ago too and love it. You'll find it is an early version ref 6945. Google image that and you'll find it is very accurate in looks to the gen. The start / stop button & the reset button are correct for this model.

KeNnY

OH WOW SO AMAZING PIECE !!!!! I would like to get one also, even Jap OS20 quartz if made good like the old Flightdecks Parnis watches :D

Thank you for your review and pics.

BTW: Please can you check the endlinks screws tubes if they are always thin ? In the past I read that they can snap really easily :( THANK YOU

late

Got mine a week ago too and love it. You'll find it is an early version ref 6945. Google image that and you'll find it is very accurate in looks to the gen. The start / stop button & the reset button are correct for this model.

awesome, thanks! Was sure that someone who knew what they were about would come by

Planemo

I really like this. Been after a bronze watch for ages, and only really fancied the PAM. Had also been itching to try out a U Boat and had no idea a bronze U Boat existed so thanks for posting this up. Just need to find one now.

late

Just a bit of a caveat; one of the bits that holds the strap on has disappeared. Not sure how to tighten them or replace them. Still waiting to hear from Fatpanda if they can get a replacement.

s5fimb.jpg

JSJ

This is a really interesting watch. Fancy it. Thank you for the review.

Wrist-Time

That is nice. Probably the first bronze watch I've ever liked. Enjoy

Nomadenjoe

This Bronzo is a Beast..... thanks for review!