Sign in to follow this  
madmancloak

Advice for CRPO movement glitch

madmancloak

Hi Guys,

This is my first post so please be gentle....

I purchased and received an Omega Noob Ceramic Planet Ocean 42 from Josh on Friday and it seemed fine. In fact I bloody love it! I set the time and date with no problem making sure it wasn't between the hours of 10 and 2. However I have just noticed it got stuck tonight at 8pm. The seconds hand kept ticking around but the minutes hand was stuck at 12 and the hours stuck at 8 and would not move forward. I tried to manually move it forward but it felt stuck. I could move it backwards as much as I liked so I did two revolutions then tried moving it forward again and it seemed to work. The date doesn't change when I move the time forward but I can change it manually.

So Is it fucked or should I just wait a few days and see how it goes?

Thanks for any advice you guys may have.

greg_r

Sounds like it needs some attention - the options being to send it back to China (which can take quite a long while) or get a rep-friendly watchsmith to take a look at it.

madmancloak

Thanks Greg, not really what I wanted from my first purchase of a good quality rep but it is what it is..... I have emailed Josh will just wait and see what he recommends.

madmancloak

Any recommendations of rep friendly watchsmiths in the Melbourne Australia region?

anfalas

Really nice choice of first rep there mate, and piss poor luck to get a crock one.

As Greg says worth trying for a local watchsmith although very few will touch reps tbh. If not, hopefully Josh will come through for you.

madmancloak

Cheers mate

madmancloak

Spoke to Josh he has asked me to send it back to him. Pretty gutted.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long

madmancloak

Little update...

Well that took bloody ages.... finally got it back tho and its working like a dream

TRANSPORTER

Nice to see a positive end to a thread, also another reason to use the trusted dealers on this site.

greg_r

Little update...

Well that took bloody ages.... finally got it back tho and its working like a dream

If it's any consolation, if it were gen it would probably have taken even longer (speaking from experience here). Glad it's all sorted now though :D

madmancloak

Thanks mate, Yeah I'm just super happy to have it back. Such a nice watch. Was a good lesson in patience.