Sign in to follow this  
stock10ctsv

Repair help lume is different colors(only 1 is not the same)

stock10ctsv

Hello all I just recently just purchased my first replica watch. It's a BLNR GMT Mater II.

Watch runs great and keeps great time.

My only problem is the lume. All of the lume is the same color except for the lume located at the 7 O'Clock marker.

Is there anyone who could service the watch to get the lume to match? If so who would be recommended. I am located CONUS if that helps.

Other than that I love it!!

Thank you all for your help I really appreciate you.

Edited by stock10ctsv

Wriggles

Check the TD list, there's modders and repairers listed there by region. IIRC Katt is the only one in CONUS these days, not sure he does lume work but worth a check

stock10ctsv

Check the TD list, there's modders and repairers listed there by region. IIRC Katt is the only one in CONUS these days, not sure he does lume work but worth a check

Thank you for your assistance. I appreciate your help.

Genius

Lume photo?

Lume photo?

Or if not just a photo of some nice tits

stock10ctsv

You can see the discoloration in the lume located at 7 o'clock.

20170221_112907.jpg

Edited by stock10ctsv

Rx4Time

I know vac does lume work...Also Strodda. Both are CONUS. I'm primarily on RWI, which I know they are on. Not sure if Strodda is on here. Vac is if I'm not mistaken

jdog

If you're going to sending it out, I would suggest a full relume. Might as well do it right if your going to have it opened up.

stock10ctsv

If you're going to sending it out, I would suggest a full relume. Might as well do it right if your going to have it opened up.

Does this only apply lume on top of what is already there or does it "strip" the old lume to reapply new lume?

Thanks again for all the help.

jdog

Whomever would do it would clean out all the lume from the indices and refill with new lume, same for the hands. You can't just apply over the top of existing lume.

stock10ctsv

Heck ya!! Thanks for the info it is greatly appreciated!!

Learn something new everyday.

trailboss99

You can see the discoloration in the lume located at 7 o'clock.

20170221_112907.jpg

Holy crap it even stands out in daylight! I would asked the dealer for a new dial, may not have happened but I'd have tried. Who did this come from?

stock10ctsv

Purchased second hand from the site here m2m. Link provided below.

Nobody is at fault I still love the watch hence why I want to get it fixed.

The only reason I noticed at first was when I was in the strip club and the black lights hits it that marker glows green and the rest glow blue. Then I really started to notice it everytime.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=127866&st=0&p=1957473entry1957473

Edited by stock10ctsv

daydate

The only reason I noticed at first was when I was in the strip club and the black lights hits it that marker glows green and the rest glow blue. Then I really started to notice it everytime.

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...3

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...3

you lost me at Strip club ^_^ hahahaha

Rokerite

I think the dial marker is an older one than the rest that's why is a different colour it has "patina" as they say. Think the dial markers come off and can be replaced, but as others say you'd havevto replace all of them. Could be wrong though.

Genius

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=127866&st=0&p=1957473&#entry1957473

Wow would never have noticed it in that sale thread myself either but it is there and once seen you can't unsee it....

Full relume or dial replacement are your only options, I'm guessing dial would be cheaper but with relume it will really glow

Mr_B

That's unusual, I had this issue on my 1st rep, I brought a Hulk from a TD when I was still wet behind the ears in the rep world. Over paid, and the hands were two different lume colours (not to mention the crystal was high on one side)

I'd personally get it sent off for a relume

stock10ctsv

All the responses are great and very helpful I am currently leaning towards a relume. However, if a redial is easier for the person I am working with then I will consider that method.

The wife approved me getting a Gen GMT after seeing how happy I was with it and how good it looked in person. I am so excited. This was easier than trying to convince her to let me get a $3,400 dollar Tudor BBB.

stock10ctsv

Assuming I do decide to go the new dial route does anyone have a dial available to sell?

Or a line on where I can get one?

Mr_B
Assuming I do decide to go the new dial route does anyone have a dial available to sell?

Or a line on where I can get one?

You could probably get a replacement dial from a TD but a relume would be a lot easier

jdog

I would stick with a full relume vs. getting a new dial. You're looking at around $100 give or take and well worth the investment. Should you decide to move the watch at a later date, it will add value to the watch.

As a side note, I find it a bit off-putting this wasn't disclosed in the sale. Im sorry, but there is no way the previous owner didn't know about that.

stock10ctsv
I would stick with a full relume vs. getting a new dial. You're looking at around $100 give or take and well worth the investment. Should you decide to move the watch at a later date, it will add value to the watch.

As a side note, I find it a bit off-putting this wasn't disclosed in the sale. Im sorry, but there is no way the previous owner didn't know about that.

I have had no luck locating a new dial so still leaning towards a relume. At least it will make it "mine"

Such is life we take risks and I'm still loving the watch except for the slight imperfection noted above.

Stewart

If you buy the gen and decide to sell this one send me a PM :-).

stock10ctsv

Will do sir!!

Anyone have any recommendations on who to contact for a full relume? Still no luck tracking down a dial.

dilip

Will do sir!!

Anyone have any recommendations on who to contact for a full relume? Still no luck tracking down a dial.

Kenny! :)

stock10ctsv

Will do sir!!

Kenny! :)

Contacted Kenny. Thanks again everyone for the help I greatly appreciate it!!

Will update when I decide what I am going to do.