Sign in to follow this  
burkeric

Sea-Dweller DEEPSEA D-Blue, Noob V7 - Blue dial color

burkeric

Sea-Dweller DEEPSEA D-Blue Noob V7 I ordered from TSWatch and received yesterday. Happy with everything about it except the blue part of the dial which looks too dark to me. Indoors the dial looks uniformly black, unless the watch is held close to a "daylight" fluorescent bulb that enhances blues. Outdoors in direct sunlight the blue is visible, but unless I knew the dial was a blue-to-black gradient I don't think I would have noticed there was any blue on it. It's still a great watch -- bracelet feels good; bezel, crystal, most other things look right, weight and size are fine for me... not too heavy or tall as some have mentioned. I just wish the dial looked better since the blue/black gradient is the D-Blue's signature feature.

Top picture is the watch I got from TSWatch, bottom picture is the real thing. Color issues can be tricky to spot in photos because colors look different in different types of lighting, and when viewed on different monitors. And images involved in advertising (like the one on the bottom) are tweaked and adjusted to make the watch look its absolute best. But I expect the blue should at least be visible in average room lighting.

Do any of you have any experience with this issue or know anything about it? I can get plenty of good use out of the watch in the mean time, I don't take things too seriously and I need a good watch, but it would be nice to get the dial replaced at some point so you could see the blue/black gradient the way it was intended to look. I just don't know how to go about that.

Rep_zpsqgcnhlpx.png

Gen_zpsdbmrxmaz.png

Joeboy

Those 2 pics are in completely different lights, I do however know what you mean and even on the gen the distinction between blue and black is sometimes hard to spot. I would say it's a pretty accurate rep including the face and if you were expecting a more defined blue/black then it's not the watch for you.

puleasca

What Movement?

gavmeister

Possibly a 3135 or 2836...

purger72

Still a very nice looking rep. After few sleeps it may grow on you.

anfalas

Watch dials can look very average under indoor lighting unfortunately, although as the OP says under the right lighting conditions you can make even a cheapo rep look a million bucks! (which this clearly isn't of course)

What does the dial look like in normal daylight, ideally in bright overcast conditions?

GC

It is true to the Gen sir, I have handled a gen at the Rolex AD @ the Wynn.

dunreplica

there is rep vs gen comparison on rwi, the dial looks pretty spot on to gen