Sign in to follow this  
graman

Welcome to Sawdust and Ink!

graman

Welcome to my online shop!

I’ve been half convinced, and have half convinced myself to start this, however I wanted to say up front that I am a hobbyist, and wish to retain my enthusiasm as a hobbyist, so therefore I’m keen to start this process as an experiment.

Needless to say, the generosity and patience of the Mod team has been brilliant!

Guarantee.

I select all mechanisms from the best quality that I can source, and therefore, I will ensure that if a mechanism fails, I will repair the pen or replace it, provided that it has not been damaged or deliberately pushed beyond its limits.

Please note that all pens are not Dishwasher safe, Laundry safe, or fire retardant and are not to be taken orally.

Stock:

Stock is sold on what is advertised, as it is what I have on hand. I don’t source timber from buying it in. If I do so, it is a rarity. My timber is mostly sourced from trees cut down in the local area in Central Victoria, Australia where my father has resided for many years. Dad usually salvages timber from locally cut down trees, felled by neighbours, local councils and farmers. Some of the more exotic woods tend to come from retired wood turners, or peers who are quitting a lot of their stock in preference for a particular type of wood hobby, such as clock making, furniture making, joinery etc.

Finishes.

I have a couple of major finishes: Prices may vary on similarly made pens, due to the nature of the finish, or the kit used within.

1. Natural finish: This is sanded to a fine grit, then cut and polished, and finished with Shellawax. This gives an initial sheen, however most of these pens (particularly the darker woods), will darken over time, as the wood absorbs oil from your fingers. Harder woods lend themselves to a finish like this, and I find it particularly interesting to use one of these pens regularly, and watch it transform over time.

2. CA finish CA or cyanoacrylate is essentially a “superglue†finish, which involves 10-20 layers of the glue, alternated with boiled linseed oil, then cut and polished, then finished off with shellawax (if for nothing else but the aroma). This finish has a high gloss, and is designed to preserve the colour in the wood. An excellent finish for pens that use an exotic wood which may appear “iridescent†or for people who like a hard, or glossy finish. This is also an excellent finish for softer woods.

On occasion, I will do a CA finish that is not glossy. These will be tagged.

Purchase process & payment.

Please PM me when you wish to buy...you may post if you wish, but PM will be the preferred method for now.

First PM to hit me will have preference to buy the item.

Payment may be made via alertpay or paypal.

Freight.

Freight will be calculated on a case by case basis for now, however I may end up with a standard overseas freight charge dependent on weight.

Australian freight is much easier, and obviously cheaper.

Ok…thanks for reading, and I hope you come to enjoy using my pens, as much as I enjoy creating them for you.

trailboss99

WhooHoo!

Great to see Gman. I predict a long and fruitful second job as a pen maker.

Guys, I have one of Graman's pens and trust me, they are superb writing instruments.

I can not recommend them highly enough.

Col.

prestigewatchco

Not heard a bad report from anyone who has one of these pens all are more than pleased.

These seem great value for such a unique item and far better than a Chinese plastic pen with Montblanc nailed on it that is impossible to buy quality refills for

Best of luck Gman

greg_r

I have two of Graman's pens and they're easily the most comfortable I've ever written with. Folks, you won't get a pen anywhere near to this quality at this kinda price anywhere else!

graman

Thanks gents!...feeling very humbled here!

Silverspeed

Congrats Graman and the best of luck.

I need to order on of these....like Robert said heard nothing but great things about your pens

graman

Hey Cheers SS!

I've got some nice bits in the works.

Might even find something for wat ;)

mondeov6
I have two of Graman's pens and they're easily the most comfortable I've ever written with. Folks, you won't get a pen anywhere near to this quality at this kinda price anywhere else!

Absolutely +1000 on that!! The pens are simply awesome!

dingle

congrats Gman. Most worthy you are......;)

Best pens in the world! ;)

onzenuub

Best of luck Graman, your pens are top.

sconehead

...no splinters off these babies gents...quality and real good in the hand...a bit like...

no threadcrapping here...yet...:lol:

pollux1

Great to see your own store front Graman, I've saw pics of some of your work, they look beautiful mate!

KinCaidk

Wohooo!!! Great that you finally went with this, mate!

Doesn't get better than this, folks!

(I should know, I have 2 of these babies and one (maybe 2) in the making :paddy_gold: )

phaedo

Good to see, any possibilities on fountain pens?? (Not that I use pens much these days anyway!)

graman
Good to see, any possibilities on fountain pens?? (Not that I use pens much these days anyway!)

Hey Phaedo!

Yes. Possibly just before Christmas, I'll have a couple on the go.

They'll be a higher price, as the ones I'm sourcing are either gold or rhodium plated, and will be piston fillers, so a significant investment in the mechanism itself.

Edit - nibs on the kits are German made.

• Like 1

phaedo

Hey Phaedo!

Yes. Possibly just before Christmas, I'll have a couple on the go.

They'll be a higher price, as the ones I'm sourcing are either gold or rhodium plated, and will be piston fillers, so a significant investment in the mechanism itself.

Edit - nibs on the kits are German made.

Sweet. Gotta find a use for all that ink i bought a couple of years ago somehow after I lost my good fountain pen, and the chinese ones I have (cheaper gens) are still cheap quality and hence don't work so well. Must have 20 years of ink sitting there at the monent the amount I write with a pen these days!

Edit to add: Have found a picture of the fountain pen I lost, was a Faber Castell e-motion. Somewhere around the $200 mark, if you are making anything along these lines let me know, just the right chunky size and shape!

000000523.gif

Ollifl

Hello,

A thought came to mind, rare occurrence, could you make one of your pens with a stylus/pen combo to use with iPad and phones with capacitative touch screens. The one I have now is made by rocketfish and has a Parker pen inside, needless to say, an aluminum tube with a piece of foam in the other end and no balance whatsoever when you uncap it is hard to write with.

graman

Hmmm.. Wat mentioned this to me a while back

......will do some research :)

wat44

one idea is to look at kickstarter archives

Ollifl

Great, thanks. The best one I had for awhile I stole from my niece, her boy friend had made it, I guess, from an exacto knife, Piece of sponge dipped in salt water and let dry,,,, or something like that.

NYCreplica

WoW... You have some amazing looking pens!!!!

graman

Thanks very much mate ;)

Let me know if you're after anything.

Currently working on custom orders, which is preventing me from putting much into the shop.

The queue is getting longer, and I'm working pretty frantically to get caught up. Current wait time is longer than normal.

Cheers,

G.

antiscammers

photos?

jeffw69

photos?

Look at his product offerings in his section, plenty of photos there.

SSTEEL

photos?

You need to check the other thread you have posted today, if you don't you will get lost lol