Sign in to follow this  
dfq23

Rep bargain for a change

dfq23

http://m.dhgate.com/product/wholesale-new-prs516-sapphire-glass-eta-quartz/237041957.html?invitorid=fuuUnu5f

Says it has same ETA quartz movement as the gen and comes with box set. Had one of the ETA movement reps myself from ali a while ago and they really are practically the same as the gen

Edited by dfq23

Lagger

What is it mate, can't load page at work.............don't suppose you know of 312 Pam with a seagull movement bargain do you:-)........ever thought about working at hot UK deals?

dfq23

Tissot PRS516 quartz chrono mate. Nice beater for the money. Movement on it's own is about 50 quid

Boycie

Thanks D, Happy New Year mate :)

sgtguk

Got a Gen Tissot Prs516 (plain dial) and its great little piece, these are bloody cheap mate :)

Pharmo

I've had these from Ali and agreed very good value for money... tempted to get an order in!

tonyh7

I've got one from Ali. At the time tried a gen in a dealer and if there were any obvious differences they passed me by. Obviously couldn't compare them side by side. If they are the same thing they are very well finished watches for the money.

dave47

I purchased one of these Tissots from DH Gate -- PRC 200. Really fine product & solidly made. Popped off the back & examined the movement; it LOOKED gen, complete with "Swiss" markings on the movement. My inexperienced eye didn't help beyond this but this DH Gate product LOOKED close to gen -- even down to the battery used. For the price, one really can't go wrong. Just my .02.

dave

porschespeedster

these have been discussed a bunch on other forums; they are very very similar to gen --- aka if you like the style go for it!

tickedoff

I've had these from Ali and agreed very good value for money... tempted to get an order in!

Am I understanding this right, Aliexpress does sell some decent rep watches?

I was always led to believe that all watches on Ali are junk.

JSJ

You can find a bargain but you need to tread very carefully otherwise you will receive junk. The good thing is, if they take the piss out and send you something which is nothing like they offered, you can file a claim that it was counterfeit and Ali will find in your favour.

I would personally discourage that if you know you are buying a rep but sometimes they just take the piss, so then I feel justified and have done it a couple of times.

I have a Tissot from Ali with the gen movement which looks like it might be a back door gen. Who knows? I don't really like it anyway.

dfq23

Ali is dead for reps now. All the sellers have moved to DHgate.

Edited by dfq23

Dr. Jimmy

I kinda prefer the silver dial I think. Not really my style, but could be a good beater.

madden

You can find a bargain but you need to tread very carefully otherwise you will receive junk. The good thing is, if they take the piss out and send you something which is nothing like they offered, you can file a claim that it was counterfeit and Ali will find in your favour.

I would personally discourage that if you know you are buying a rep but sometimes they just take the piss, so then I feel justified and have done it a couple of times.

I have a Tissot from Ali with the gen movement which looks like it might be a back door gen. Who knows? I don't really like it anyway.

Just be aware that with some sellers on Ali, doing a dispute will guarantee you end up on this list:

http://www.vkvan.com/index

Wouldn't surprise me if some of the "less reputable" sellers are more likely to put you on it.

tabuktime

Just be aware that with some sellers on Ali, doing a dispute will guarantee you end up on this list:

Wouldn't surprise me if some of the "less reputable" sellers are more likely to put you on it.

The information about this list is very interesting (I had no idea it existed). I checked to make sure I wasn't on it!

Nickfive

The information about this list is very interesting (I had no idea it existed). I checked to make sure I wasn't on it!

Whats the list used for? Seems dodgey as hell

madden

It's essentially a "blacklist" on buyers on Chinese sites that the sellers maintain. Obviously it's unofficial, but I know Aliexpress sellers use and update it, possibly DHgate and others. You can see how often it is used just by looking at how many people get added to it every day. I had a mate get put on it for some bs reason, did a dispute that he was fully entitled for but I guess he pissed someone off, and I'd assume giving negative feedback would also be incentive for them to put you on it. Some sellers check it and won't sell to people on the list, but I think what is much more problematic is the shared personal information, often including full name, address, and phone number. Not exactly the sort of info I'd want on an easily searchable database. I won't ever dispute something on Aliexpress for this reason or give less than 5-stars for feedback, just not work the risk.

Edited by madden

dfq23

It's essentially a "blacklist" on buyers on Chinese sites that the sellers maintain. Obviously it's unofficial, but I know Aliexpress sellers use and update it, possibly DHgate and others. You can see how often it is used just by looking at how many people get added to it every day. I had a mate get put on it for some bs reason, did a dispute that he was fully entitled for but I guess he pissed someone off, and I'd assume giving negative feedback would also be incentive for them to put you on it. Some sellers check it and won't sell to people on the list, but I think what is much more problematic is the shared personal information, often including full name, address, and phone number. Not exactly the sort of info I'd want on an easily searchable database. I won't ever dispute something on Aliexpress for this reason or give less than 5-stars for feedback, just not work the risk.

Just get stuff delivered to your work address.

Doubt the triads are gonna come to a factory in Bolton over a dispute on a 50 quid watch.

JSJ

Interesting info, thanks.

Seems like many of the names have stars in so maybe they are from the Ali feedback.

ndelev

Hi mates!

I put the trigger on that Tissot and it arrived with the speed of light. Less than 10 days from China through Singapore to Bulgaria.

It came in a rep box. The watch is quite heavy/solid. This is the better part.

The worst part is:

It is not ETA movement. Subdial at 2 is running secs, big second hand is a microstepper. Subdial at 6 is decoration. Thee bezel (tachy scale) is misaligned and has some blurrings.

The date and subdials positions are wrong.

I am going to file a dispute. Any advice on how to proceed with it is welcome.

Don't get me wrong: I know that imperfections are more than likely, but this guy lied for the movement. I had a prc200 for less money from Ali an year and half ago and it was very decent with the right movement. So I think it is fair enough to get at least part of my money back

ndelev

Here is a pic

IMG_20170225_100922_zpstyncc2kg.jpg

dfq23

That's a bugger mate. You got sent the cheap japanese movement one. If you used credit card to pay i'd do dispute with them first

ndelev

Thanks dfq!

I used a credit card, but I don'think they would help. Bulgarian banks are the last who would refund. And they have taxes for disputes, which would be almost half of the watch price

Is it a causa perduta to try with dhgate?