deef

Datograph

deef

I've been eyeing this one for a few weeks now and finally decided to pick one up from my favorite dealer!

It has the handwind lemania movement which looks gorgeous through the back with working chronos. It only took 4 days to get to me in upstate NY.

My only complaint is that the band isn't that great. It could be a little longer and feel a littler better. Feels cheap. But the watch itself is exactly what I was expecting, and I can't wait to wear it out. Pretty sure it's 39mm.

I'll post Mary's QC pictures and some of my own shitty ones.

IMG_5270.JPG

IMG_5267.JPG

IMG_5272.JPG

IMG_5273.JPG

2012-01-13_17-01-39_192.jpg

2012-01-13_17-02-24_202.jpg

2012-01-13_17-03-10_913.jpg

2012-01-13_17-04-17_140.jpg

10:10 Watch Repair

IMG_5272.JPG

At least you know what size it is.

Luthier

Great watch, mate!

It's 42mm size.

I mean the strap.

nunya

That's a beauty. Classic elegance.

Luthier

No idea of strap size, Chris, can only guess it's 22mm, maybe 20mm.

Anyway, strap must go.

No idea of strap size, Chris, can only guess it's 22mm, maybe 20mm.

Anyway, strap must go.

:facepalm:

deef

The strap is 20 and definitely is going. I don't know shit about straps so I'll have to un-noob myself as far as that goes. I kind of wish the watch was a little bigger as it wears a tad small. But I'm in love with it. It got me off my noobie Rolex kick. I'm worried that Pam's will be next.... then I'm screwed haha.

there are a lot of quality 20mm straps out there, you won't have a problem,.

frimble

dead classy mate ... hope you're still enjoying it!

deef

I love it and it gets quite a bit of wrist time. Picking up a genuine black croc strap for it with white stitching to match the gen.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

theflyingdutchman

@ strap - ask silverspeed! I think it is 22/18!

powderfreak

What does the "20" on the back of the strap mean?

Tits McGee

My Datograph is 22mm.

Gazillionaire

Very nice PP, Congratz :)

mbjoer

What does the "20" on the back of the strap mean?

It's Chinese for "Lange - not made by IWC but still a rep"

deef

I keep checking mine and measuring everything. Case diameter is 41 from edge to edge and the strap is 20. I see that the gen has a case diameter of 39 and the strap is 20 18. Im not sure how many versions of the rep there are, but mine was from Mary. Either way its a beautiful watch and I want another Lange or a patek now haha.

powderfreak

Oh wait, so the "20" on the strap acutally means something? :huh:

:rofl:

AskMeAgain

Been looking at one of these but of course not right now with the factory stuff going on. Only been able to find the all black thought, this is classic and a fantastic looking watch. Congrats

Hublot

why is a lange & sohne so unpopular!? Their watches are so classy!

Galactus

^^

That's because they don't have anything below 10K$!!!

There are two versions of the Datograph replica, the '00' (as this one) and the 'XII' which is higher quality but a few mm wider.

watchmonger

I love it and it gets quite a bit of wrist time. Picking up a genuine black croc strap for it with white stitching to match the gen.

@deef, I actually reached out and tried to squash the bug, which serves as your avatar! :giggle:

Patek

Hello Deef,

Congrats on receiving your new Lange. One thing caught my eyes and that was the swan neck regulator on the balance. I am sure this is a ST19 movement which I have not seen anywhere. One member pointed that this is not a ST19, but a Lemania. Lemania stopped producing ebauches many years ago and so far I know there are no asian equivalent of them produced. Please let me know, (if you like it privately) who was your TD.

I have posted a picture of your Lange back to a couple of forums but have not received any info yet.

Thanks.

Silverspeed
Hello Deef,

Congrats on receiving your new Lange. One thing caught my eyes and that was the swan neck regulator on the balance. I am sure this is a ST19 movement which I have not seen anywhere. One member pointed that this is not a ST19, but a Lemania. Lemania stopped producing ebauches many years ago and so far I know there are no asian equivalent of them produced. Please let me know, (if you like it privately) who was your TD.

I have posted a picture of your Lange back to a couple of forums but have not received any info yet.

Thanks.

The handwound chrono movements in replicas are not Lemania or clone-Lemania, they are all based on the Venus 175 movement and made by Seagull as the ST-19.

panerai153

Saw this thread and wanted to add my comments. I have one of the XII Datographs. It's a great watch, although it is not accurate in that the genuine Datograph's don't have the XII marker, as the date window is higher. Unless you wear these watches in a crowd of Hedge fund managers or like multi millionaires, no one is going to be the wiser. The Datograph sells for upward from around 45k, so you probably aren't going to run into one at your local WalMart.

The movement is definitely a Seagull ST-19 not a Lemania or Lemania copy.The Seagull is actually a copy of the Venus 175 movement. The actual tooling for the Venus 175 was sold to the Chinese many years ago, so the Seagull is actually made (or was made) with the same tools that produced the Venus 175

Strap on the XII model is a pretty nice alligator grain leather. I changed mine out for a lighter Tan genuine Alligator. Size is 20mm taper to 18mm

Here is the XII model

Lange9b.jpg

Lange9c.jpg