nikking1967

Montblanc Timewalker

nikking1967

I just got this watch out of my watch box after a long period of neglect. I guess I fell out of favour with the black dial (wish I had gone for the white dial) but none the less, its still a stunning looking piece though, which I bought back in 2008 so some 7 years ago. It really is still in fabulous condition and working perfectly. . . .

16375534284_8c879f0907_k.jpg

I particularly like the pierced lugs with the Montblanc start monogram on each side and the large winding crown with the lovely 6 lobed Montblanc white start with the black enamel background. The standard of workmanship on this crown is very impressive and its details such as this that can make or break a watch like this!

The bracelet too is a really great bit of workmanship, all in highly polished stainless steel. The standard of casting and finishing details on the case are really exceptional, with some very careful attention to detail. There is no 'slop' or 'play' to the individual links of the bracelet and the clasp works with a really high degree of tight, crisp, quality.

16811723989_2b8c7ee657_k.jpg

There is really a lot of great detail on the case-back too, with some very good engraving and the sapphire exhibition back being secured with six small screws - just as the GEN! The script on the 'Sun-Bursrt' engraved rotor is extremely accurate and very precisely done. This has the Asian ETA Valjoux 7750 Automatic Chronograph movement - and it has the seconds at the nine position. (I think some have at the 3 position which would be wrong, so you would need to watch out for that if considering one of these)

16811723759_6350915247_k.jpg

Movement winds from the crown and automatically and runs for a good 40 hours if left alone from a full wind and not worn. The date window between 4 and 5 really is very small indeed - though the font is good and the numbers are very crisp in white on a black background, it changes at just about dead on midnight and can be fast-set with the crown at posn -2.

The Cronograph works well, clicking on with a firm but decent feel to the start pusher, it times seconds on the main large second hand and minutes up to 30 on the right hand sub dail and hours at the sub dial @ 6.

Its a good smooth sweep, being 8 per second - 28,800BPH. The little second hand at the 9 psn really does appear to glide continually, without any jerkiness at all!

16810179958_69a9b54382_k.jpg

As you can see from these pictures, its a really great looking watch and still so after 8 years of my ownership - who says Replicas don't last?! I saw on a recent post someone had tried to find one, but stated no stocks anywhere, well I just looked on TT and Andrew still has the exact same model as mine for $328.00 and in the white dial too! which I must say I think looks better.

16997035871_e02ef622da_k.jpg

And here on my Wrist.....

16377818833_c7c0ebffad_k.jpg

tgretton87

That sir is 1 hell of a watch! Bravo

I've had a breitling navitimer now for 2 years as my everyday watch and still runs perfectly keeping immaculate time.

I personally like the white face model as well but none the less that strap is something else

avrahamk1

Amazing watch mate, thanks for the review.

I still have an open heart version of this model lol, I think it was my first rep.

Edited by avrahamk1

Batespcm

That is a really nice watch

I have a MB pen MB cufflinks maybe it's time for an MB watch

Venomous

Looks stunning mate!

That is a really nice watch

I have a MB pen MB cufflinks maybe it's time for an MB watch

All you need is the watch and the aftershave, then you'll become an MB poster boy!

411QuYETDvL._SX300_.jpg

V

sylt

Mine says hello.

008.jpg

watchcraze

OP where did you purchase that from? One of the trusted dealers? You remember? Beautiful watch, congrats on it.

TBG

Very nice! Love seeing the less popular brands represented

tabuktime

Some very suspect posting going on in the forums tonight, hope it's being scrutinised...

Glaude
1 hour ago, tabuktime said:

Some very suspect posting going on in the forums tonight, hope it's being scrutinised...

Agree but hard to differentiate between legitimate RWI Refugee and RWI & RWG noobs being noobs here

tabuktime
1 hour ago, Glaude said:

Agree but hard to differentiate between legitimate RWI Refugee and RWI & RWG noobs being noobs here

Maybe. Hope there's no one using the RWI situation to infiltrate our ranks...

Can't be too careful! ;)

ElvisFreak

oooops  someone is playing with the chrono function....I say....Russian roulette:picard2:

McGilli
2 hours ago, tabuktime said:

Maybe. Hope there's no one using the RWI situation to infiltrate our ranks...

Can't be too careful! ;)

You're talking about LittlePrinces made of Fluffy Not Fat Steel?

tabuktime
2 minutes ago, McGilli said:

You're talking about LittlePrinces made of Fluffy Not Fat Steel?

I miss Fluffy. The scamming cunts can stay away.

aitcharGMT

Beautiful piece! In the past I've stayed away from it because of the suben date but i think after a few years in past that and will probably be my next order after the Navi.

opronnie

lovely early example. im think the very best the factories did was the 2 tone ceramic and steel timewalker 7753 movement which sadly they didn't do many of.  i would buy the new 7750 version which is still stunning but lacks things like the date pusher on the side working and its still not the 7753... lovely piece dude.

Redemskis

Nice!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk