Krispee

Krispee`s Collection

Krispee

Hi

i thought i would start a new collection thread because the other was predicated upon my acquiring Skeleton watches which has proven to be harder than i thought, mainly because there aren`t very many good skeleton watches out there. i am presuming either because people aren`t as interested in collecting them or because there were never that many to copy in the first place, so either they made them up or didn`t bother to copy them very well.

so new thread because of new collecting goals.....

i now have 6 rep watches, 2 of which are skeletons, the rest just piqued my interest and i thought looked amazing for one reason or another......

i have; a Glashutte Pano, a Cartier De Ronde Skeleton(apparently with a genuine swiss movement in, so they told me), a Breguet Orbital, a VC Patrimony Skeleton, a Breitling Navitimer Speciale, and a Patek Skymoon Perpetual Calender.

so to the pictures.....

Glashutte Pano [Asian 21J i think]

glashuttepano_1.jpg

glashuttepano_2.jpg

glashuttepano_closeup.jpg

Cartier De Ronde

cartierderonde_1.jpg

cartierderonde_2.jpg

cartierderonde_3.jpg

Vacheron Constantin Patrimony

vc_patrimonyskeleton_1.jpg

vc_patrimonyskeleton_3.jpg

vc_patrimonyskeleton_4.jpg

Breguet Orbital

breguetorbital_1.jpg

breguetorbital_2.jpg

breguetorbital_3.jpg

Breitling Navitimer Speciale

breitlingnav_1.jpg

breitlingnav_2.jpg

breitlingnav_3.jpg

breitlingnav_4.jpg

breitlingnav_5.jpg

Patek Philippe Skymoon Perpetual Calender

ppskymoonpercal_1.jpg

ppskymoonpercal_2.jpg

ppskymoonpercal_3.jpg

ppskymoonpercal_4.jpg

ppskymoonpercal_5.jpg

right that`s the main body of photos, some wrist shots and other oddments coming soon.....

cheers

Kris

Corv99

nice one, very different collection to the norm, few of those I have never seen before..

JLC tourby needed!

Amit

Tell us a bit more about that Breguet.

Krispee

ok, a group shot of the five latest, bought the VC some time ago......

groupshot_1.jpg

these five i bought from Puretime and Josh, i have a JLC Duometre plus Breguet and PP boxes on their way from Rochest and also a JLC Reverso coming from Reg....i`m definitely posting a photo of the Skymoon resting in its box!

for my wish list i would love a Tourbillon, JLC maybe? or a Breguet would be great, also looked at a Jacob & Co. Epic and an AP ROO and this one from puretime i`ve been interested in for a long time now......

http://puretime.co/p...-rg-white-dial/

but time is running out now, have a barn conversion to start within the next few weeks and after that my spending potential will be more limited :sad:

i do have a gripe about the copious use of the deployment buckle, i really dislike it, i have small wrists so the buckle ends up digging into the side of my wrist, i much prefer the ordinary leather strap, i do have a new leather croc for the Breguet coming from Jacob Straps but that won`t be for 6 weeks, long lead time......

talking of the Breguet.....

Breguet Double Tourbillon Orbital

as far as i know it`s not an actual Tourbillon, unless the Tourby is hidden in behind and integrel to the movement itself, some watches are but i don`t know if this is one of those, all the TD`s that sell these describe it as such but i don`t think it is at all, i just think of it as an Orbital watch....

as such it does work as an Orbital, the minute hand follows the dial and that revolves around on an hourly cycle [there is a large cog in behind driving the dial] being the minute hand it would, of course the original Breguet Double Tourbillon Oribital dial revolves on a 12 hour cycle because it is tied to the hour hand.....

so the similarites aren`t great, it is more of a homage really than a copy, although the Orbital works very well, plus it keeps good time, although the crown is a little tight to pull out and can jump a little when replaced, i think that`s a problem with asian movements at that level isn`t it?

anyway, works well, if not as the original, and keeps good time, and that`s all it does....

of course that`s all the original did if i remember rightly, of course that one does have a double Tourbillon.....

what the pictures on the sites can`t tell is just how beautiful the watch is, it is stunning, i`m a big fan of the arts and crafts side of things [i`m an artist myself] and love looking at the hard work that people have crafted and the workmanship in the dial is amazing, it`s worth the cost of the watch in itself imo, the ever increasing tiny little scollops are a work of art and guy who did them is a craftsman....beautiful workmanship.....

which was the main reason i bought the watch in the first place apart from the unusual nature of the watch, being an Orbital......

but it`s not a Tourby.....

posting this, use it all the time because of my small wrists, my hole puncher, it twists as it punches using a little cutter in the end of the punch which you can change, works beautifully......

holepuncher_1.jpg

and the start of my book club:

bookclub_1.jpg

sorry about the bit at the top, it was meant to make it easier to let people see what each book was but doesn`t work so well now i look at it.....more pics of my book club to come.....

Kris

Edited by Krispee

Krispee

got a video on Youtube for the motion of the Breguet Orbital....

Kris

Crusader

Oh man, this collection would be quite hard to pass as gen :D

Great collection, especially the VC, nice details.

Krispee

haha, yeah, just as well none of my friends or acquaintances know anything about watches, they wouldn`t even know what a Breguet was lol

yeah the detail on that skeleton is tremendous, i`ve looked around and can`t find another skeleton rep like it, except this one:

http://puretime.co/product/classique-skeleton-tourbillon-rose-gold/

probably the most beautiful skeleton replica i`ve seen in any of the websites, TD supported or not.......whether i want to spend $768 on a replica is something else.....

Kris

highergame

like it very orginal watches

Krispee

cheers, highergame.....

Kris

Krispee

ok, got a couple more watches and a couple of boxes to show....boxes and Duometre from Rochest and Reverso from Reg....

Beguet Box first, with my Breguet Orbital settling in to his new home.....

breguetbox_1.jpg

breguetbox_2.jpg

and the Patek Box with the Skymoon in residence...

patekbox_1.jpg

patekbox_2.jpg

now the watches, JLC Duometre first...

duometre_1.jpg

duometre_2.jpg

and the Reverso...

reverso_1.jpg

reverso_2.jpg

reverso_3.jpg

reverso_4.jpg

the Reverso is nice, certainly value for money, not the quality of the other watches i have, the reverso itself tends to move if subject to a pretty hard shake, don`t wear when you are playing footy! :lol:

the Duometre i`m very pleased with, the photo doesn`t it justice, beautifully clean face and lovely detail on the back, the only minor thing is that when you pull the crown to alter the time it only alters both dials in synch, they are about 12 hours apart but i don`t seem to be able to alter them separately, perhaps that`s not supposed to happen but i always thought it was, for a dual time watch.....

anyway, i`m trying to contact, Rochest, about this to see if there is a solution.....

Kris

Edited by Krispee

Krispee

update to my collection, the newest addition, a Breguet Chrono from Rochest.

breguetchrono_1.jpg

breguetchrono_2.jpg

breguetchrono_3.jpg

breguetchrono_4.jpg

breguetchrono_5.jpg

love this watch, not too far away from the original to boot, but not my first priority when buying the watch.....

thanks for looking

Kris

Krispee

a few snaps of mt Orbital with a new Ostrich strap from Jacob

breguetorbital_7.jpg

breguetorbital_6.jpg

breguetorbital_5.jpg

cheers

Kris

Jose Betancur

interesting collection! congrats pal

Kleen™

I'mnot into skeletons at all, but I do appreciate the dial of the Breguet.

_DC_

Quite impressed by the Patek Box, didn't realise how big those ones were, still not quite right for the Sky Moon Tourbillon though, don't think anyone will ever rep the proper box for it

35283738-0121-48EC-9537-F97A9D344EDA-638-00000111444F6A47_zps4ef9a833.jpg

Beautiful piece of craftsmanship, if a little ostentatious!

DC

Grammio

A very nice collection there mate, different from a lot I've seen on here.

Krispee

I thought I`d post my new Monaco 24, although it`s been a long time since I`ve been here.

TagHeuerMonaco_10.jpg

TagHeuerMonaco_11.jpg

TagHeuerMonaco_8.jpg

TagHeuerMonaco_4.jpg

Davesjourney

\You should do a current state of the collection piece!

Krispee

I`m sorry, haven`t heard of that before. A group photo you mean?

Thommo82

That orbital though....

GenTLe

Yep! Look here: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=131460

Krispee

Yep! Look here: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...howtopic=131460

Ah, I see, thanks for the heads up. I`ll get on that, although it might be tomorrow before I can organize it.

Edited by Krispee

Krispee

Ok, my state of collection, with a notable absence, my Breguet Chrono which is broken and on its way to China to be fixed.

Collection_1.jpg

Collection_2.jpg

Edited by Krispee

Davesjourney

Ok, my state of collection, with a notable absence, my Breguet Chrono which is broken and on its way to China to be fixed.

Collection_1.jpg

Collection_2.jpg

Sweet!!!

Kleen™

I really need to pay more attention to the Breguet brand. I know they have a great history, yet I do not own a single one of 'em.

Quite the mistake it seems...