Sign in to follow this  
Undinist

Has anyone had direct contact with a manufacturer? Do we know who they are?

Undinist

I'm new here and was expecting there to be lots of talk about Alibaba and so on. But I searched and found almost no mentions. Are the manufacturers not listed there? Who are they anyway? Has anyone attempted a group buy? What would the minimum order be? Does anyone know the typical manufacturer's price of a good quality rep, the sort of thing the TDs sell for $350?

I bought a camera on Alibaba recently. I saw the one I wanted and the minimum order was 25 pieces. So I emailed the manufacturer to ask whether he could put me in touch with a reseller. I didn't really expect a reply to my email, but within a few minutes I was offered a good price on just 1 piece. They sent me an invoice on Paypal...job done. A reseller in Hong Kong on ebay was asking nearly four times the price.

onzenuub

Start searching on this forum, everything you ask has been posted over and over and over again. Next start reading.

deju

PM member Pickledbeetroot he has contacts in Noob factory for 1:1 reps

BadPickle

It's true :D

RepGuy

I'm pretty sure this is a troll

onzenuub

Who? Pickle?

RepGuy

Who? Pickle?

I'm positive Pickle is a troll and an asshole, but this time I'm referring to OP

Undinist

Oh do fuck off.

onzenuub
popcorn.jpg

RepGuy

Oh do fuck off.

:lol:

I did write you a genuine answer in your thread on obnoxious reps, so I'm not all bad.

fatarms

And we're off!

SuperbMonster
:popcorn:

Undinist

Start searching on this forum, everything you ask has been posted over and over and over again. Next start reading.

I've done a fair bit of searching but all I've found is resellers pretending to be the noob factory. I'd very much appreciate some links to relevant threads.

Daffy

I've done a fair bit of searching but all I've found is resellers pretending to be the noob factory. I'd very much appreciate some links to relevant threads.

Anything else you would like someone to do for you? Maybe give you links to free products? Can we research the best model of something for you?

adaptive

i've been here a while and I have not seen any topic documenting the factories well. I'd suspect they are quiet secretive and like to remain anonymous - i think the punishment for dealing with reps in china is serious..

BadApple
wind_em_up_md_wm.gif

Robin195959

Oh do fuck off.

Case closed. Next!

BadPickle

Oh do fuck off.

You tell the robbing fuckstain

TRANSPORTER

Oh do fuck off.

holy shit, 14 posts and you post something like that when you are the one asking and asking, I get that you need info and fast but mate please, a little respect, we are trying to help you, pointing you in the right direction.

Your questions have and will be asked a million times before and will be again, and the members have posted links all over the forum for guys needing help that are new to the hobby just like you, these links etc are there so you don't need to ask too many bone questions.

As for factories, id want to stay below the radar as much as I could if I were them, again there have been posts about the factories being raided and arrests made, and let's just say chinese nick is nothing like your local nick mate, so that's why contact to the factories is best left to those with the local knowledge etc etc , Enjoy your stay now

RepGuy

Oh do fuck off.

You tell the robbing fuckstain

You've got to let that go Pickle, it's bad for your health.

On a more relevant point... Unionist, are you asking about making large purchased direct from the factory? I only ask because it makes it sound like you're trying to "set up shop" which is extremely risky, while also going against the forum rules.

If you're looking to purchase for yourself, I suggest using the Trusted Dealers, as they're here for a reason.

Mr Stubbs

Here's the link for the Aliexpress/DHGate forum: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=99049

It's VIP only. Why? Because most noobs are too dumb to understand the consequences of being left to their own devices in dealing with NON TRUSTED DEALERS.

This is not a sports car forum. It's not like a group buy of custom leather driving gloves. It's a fucking illegal industry.

narikaa
Banjo.JPG?raw=1

Genius
Here's the link for the Aliexpress/DHGate forum: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=99049

It's VIP only. Why? Because most noobs are too dumb to understand the consequences of being left to their own devices in dealing with NON TRUSTED DEALERS.

This is not a sports car forum. It's not like a group buy of custom leather driving gloves. It's a fucking illegal industry.

This!

It is of course possible to go it alone without using our trusted dealers but first read about all the qc issues and repairs/replacements and decide if you are happy to handle this on your own or with a TD here to take a cut and handle the issues for you. Most people are happy for the dealers to make their bit and handle all the headache

Undinist

Yes, I get all of that. ALL of it. I'm just surprised that there's nobody here who's tried to go direct. Or at least found out who the mfrs are. I suppose some of you must know, but you wouldn't want to post it in public.

It's easy to put together a list from Alibaba of big companies who say they are manufacturers of replica branded watches. And some of the names look reminiscent of the manufacturer nicknames used here. But if I was a manufacturer I wouldn't reply to an enquiry from some English-speaking nobody when I already have a perfectly good channel of TDs.